Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
AA, yes I stayed with her every summer when I was kid. She'd switch the neighborhood kids, also, if they got caught in the line of fire! Finally I got fast enough to out run her, though!

LOL! I wish there were more granny types around and we could give each of them an assigned "post" inside public places....just to keep some order and teach respect.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
If Peterson beat his 4 year old like they are saying, he's done for in the NFL.
As he should be! No excuse EVER for beating a 4 year old! A simple swat on the butt would most likely suffice at that age.
My old mean Granny, who's 95 now, used to switch me every day in the summer, when I was a kid. I'm sure I deserved a lot of it. Never left any marks, though.

That is a big "IF", because the true nature of what he did, and why, is not generally known, and the "they" who are saying whatever are news types trying to make a sensational story.

In my youth, a "beating" was very different from a "spanking" or "switching", the latter of which I got plenty when I deserved it due to misbehavior or improper expression. And, yes, from switching or belting (Dad kept a cat-o-nine tails hanging by the back door) I sometimes had marks on my fanny or thighs.

I did not like it then, but today know that it was correct and would not have had it any other way. I simply wish my dear Dad were still here to give me a switching if appropriate.

One thing is for certain, in those times there were no CPS or any such government agency to interfere with normal parenting and needed discipline/punishment for kids. Adrian Peterson may have gone overboard with the whipping - maybe not - but the tirade about corporal punishment for kids is just another undermining activity. At times, I would like to be able to use my Dad's strap on a few of those newspeople and sports pundits.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 63 invisible), 3,028 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,618
Posts18,533,005
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.