-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Eish...... that one just made me spit a mouthful of my finest Vinho Shakari all over my keyboard! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

Last edited by Shakari; 08/12/14.

Have you swept the visioned valley with the green stream streaking though it?
Searched the vastness for a something you have lost?
Have you strung your soul to silence? Then for God's sake go and do it
Hear the challenge, learn the lesson, pay the cost
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Soooooo�.Im curious. Does Bwana Jim offer any elephant hunts? And if so, does a 100 pounder equal 100 pounds of ivory, or 100 pounds total of elephant?

Anyone?

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
Soooooo�.Im curious. Does Bwana Jim offer any elephant hunts? And if so, does a 100 pounder equal 100 pounds of ivory, or 100 pounds total of elephant?

Anyone?

Representative trophy expectation with Bwana Jim...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
It would keep taxidermy and shipping costs low�...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Paladin Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
FOsteology,

I see you've had a safari with Bwana Jim.

Care to tell us about your hunt?

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ingwe

Anyone?

He can make it any weight you want and can afford...... a bit of molten lead poured down the tusk works wonders! LOL

Have you swept the visioned valley with the green stream streaking though it?
Searched the vastness for a something you have lost?
Have you strung your soul to silence? Then for God's sake go and do it
Hear the challenge, learn the lesson, pay the cost
I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
Those of you who know Paladin personally are no doubt aware that he has a great affection for .25 caliber rifles. Word through the grapevine has it that he has recently commissioned Butch Searcy to build a double rifle chambered for .25 ACP. No doubt this devastating piece will accompany him on his next Bwana Jim safari. Have popgun, might travel...

Paladin Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
You weren't suppose to let the cat out of the bag. The elephantized titmouse would be the prime candidate for the new rifle.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Paladin Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
No one caught the titmouse as being a bird?

Actually and in a nutshell, the real story here is that after lunch one day, the PH came to me and told me to get my rifle and bring my cast bullet loads for the .470 NE. I asked why and he said he wanted me to shoot a cow. Of course I asked why would I want to shoot a cow and he then tells me the hired help had one they wanted to butcher.

The description of the shot in the OP was pretty much how that took place with the exception of being hustled off and the cast bullet failing. We did walk away before I decided to go back and get a pic. The mistake I made there was standing next to a wall with no hearing protection. Dang that was loud.

Later on, I joked with the PH that I was going to post a photo of my �buffalo� hunt and use his name and the photo. I don't think he saw the humor like I did.

I told the story to a friend who planted the seed for this story. Sort of like the fellow from some other state who pulled up to the game check station in Colorado with a mule strapped on the hood of his car telling the game warden how proud he was of his moose, or any variation thereof.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Paladin
You weren't suppose to let the cat out of the bag. The elephantized titmouse would be the prime candidate for the new rifle.

You needed a 470 NE for Prairie Dogs yesterday...... Remember?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hunted Namibia in 2006 with my older brother and had a similar experience. Here is a hero shot with his trophy cow.

[Linked Image]

Our PH said he needed to shoot one of his feral (too difficult to catch) cows. I said my brother would love to shoot one and sure enough he did. Actually took us a little while to find them and only wish I had video of the hunt, the commentary was hilarious.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
We were kinda poking around for a couple of those wild cows in Namibia on one trip. Never did catch up with the cagey bastids!

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Paladin (and the rest of you Yahoos) - you are not right, not one bit. smile

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Paladin Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Paladin (and the rest of you Yahoos) - you are not right, not one bit. smile

Why thank you Bob.

I take that as the highest compliment! grin

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Exactly as it was meant sir! Yarns are the fuel of the Campfire! Without good stories and the best of drink sitting around a Campfire would be rather boring. smile

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 1badf350, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 3,226 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,372
Posts18,469,319
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.