Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Hell, even all the major league guys and the college guys wear a flat billed hat...it drives me crazy.

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Just out of interest, do the younger blokes there wear those silly black ear-ring thingys with the big holes in them.

Hook a finger in one of those and you will have instant control.

pretty much no matter who you are with, when you see a kid (and I bet they are working a dead end job) with those big holes in their ear lobes, the person with you says "he'll never have a real job"

I work with a couple of designers that have smaller gauged earrings and they are some of the best electrical/instrumentation designers I've worked with in the past 20 years. Not dead end jobs as a top designer on a busy year with o/t will be pulling in six figures.

I think they look lame, but I'd rather hang out with those guys than most of the engineers I work with.

I stand corrected - I figured button down shops wouldn't give them a second look

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Alaska is pretty lax is dress. If you know your stuff and can produce, you'll stat employed and be well compensated.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
My wife would fit right in with you grumpy old farts. She hates the flat-billed caps.

My son came home from a wrestling camp with a flat-billed cap that an NCAA champion wrestler was selling to raise funds to train and represent the United States of America at the United World Wrestling Freestyle Championships. I don't care for the caps but my son busted his butt and the kid that helped coach at the camp benefited so it was a win-win. Do I like it? No! Can I live with it? Absolutely.

Bigger problems going on in the world now.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When I grew up some men had tattoos and women wore earrings.

Take your kids and your grand kids huntin' and shootin'.
IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Not everybody has the face to rock a kromer.

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
these things are just fads and teen trends. We have had them for every generation.

If we (parents) raised our children with good values and morals, and have been the role models we should be, they'll come around.
As they mature the Ubangi ear lobes will close up, the piercings will go away.
Give a child a good start and they'll finish ok most of the time.

Last edited by oldmodel; 09/17/14.

Never tell your problems to anyone. 20% don't care and 80% are glad you have em.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
These damn kids and their rock and roll music

Circa.....1955

Jeeeez

Sit around and bitch about kids......funny

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter
Not everybody has the face to rock a kromer.

Never cared for a kromer. Design sucks.

Montana MOFO
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Hey,if the Beav does it it's gotta cool.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i gritted my teeth during my boys wigger stage. thankfully it was shortlived. now they are "rednecks". while the dress code is more to my liking, the Froggy country music is unbearable. i try to let my kids express themselves as much as possible but listening to some dude sing schitty tunes through a friggen harmonica-sounding thingie is more than i can take. for christmas they are getting hank jr, george straight, waylon, etc cd's.

My diploma is a DD214
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You really have nothing going on in your life that you worry about how kids wear their hats? Good lord this place is full of silliness.

Camp is where you make it.
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone
You really have nothing going on in your life that you worry about how kids wear their hats? Good lord this place is full of silliness.

nope, that's priority #1

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Mossy
Originally Posted by RMulhern
That 'dipschitt' in the first photo wouldn't know a Stillson wrench from a Phillips head screwdriver!

Look at his friggin hands! NEVER will those hands ever see a callous!!

He is worth about 200 million. I don't think he gives a shidt.

Yeah...and he'll be flat-azzed broke before he turns his first grey hair! Speaks a lot to the dumbazzes that provided him with his loot!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I have always been told that the stickers are left on the hat and the bill is left flat to make it easier to trade it for a new one in the store (steal a new hat). Walk in with a hat on but nobody really notices which one it is. Then you can swap it out with any other hat on the shelf and wear it out of he store. I do not know if this is true or not, but I have heard it from many people

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by tzone

Yet you somehow managed to spare the time from your obviously hectic life to criticize his opinion, lol.

Isn't that what the campfire is for... shootin' the chit that happens to be on your mind at the time, meaningful or not?

As to the title of the thread, I'll never understand why people intentionally choose to overtly advertise they're an idiot but it can save some time.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I think the Oakster^^^ may have nailed it. Makes sense.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Flat bills are just as bad as the "Nascar bend".... In the middle is just about right.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, thank god nobody wears them like this anymore. The goofballs that came out with this style never amounted to nothin'.

[Linked Image]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by KFWA

[Linked Image]

Is at a girl or a guy? Hard to tell.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (12344mag, 16penny, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1234, 01Foreman400, 55 invisible), 2,084 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,024
Posts18,481,678
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.