Not what was said, just what was implied, & pretty clearly at that.

There's a lot of difference in how a gun is shot & with what ammo vs. the same gun with somewhat reduced loads & shot from a fixed rest like a Ransom or even heavy sandbags by hand.

Shooting as fast as the gun can be fired "off hand" with hard ball or full house self defense loads will make a 1" gun as fired from a rest, into a 4-5" gun really quick like.

I know that from having lots of competitive softball guns shoot 10 rounds into an inch & a half at 50 yards, but the same gun will surely not hold that at 25 yards, or even 50 feet, when fired with heavier loads as fast as I can sight & squeeze.

And yes, some of the change can most surely be attributed to the shooter.......

If you don't know that & don't get it, there's no sense in having a discussion. To make that comment on a non-rested target shows a singular lack of knowledge or just a useless comment at best.

As to the Wilson X-Tac that you posted a link to, I have one; fine pistol & the test target meets their goal. I can say that fired equally vs all the other 1911's that I own, it's better but again, that's not an absolute when fired rapidly & "off hand", but shot enough, the trend is there.

I'm not the least bit interested in putting in on a rest as I have no intention of using it in that manner but I can say that it is waaaaaay more than adequate for it's intended purpose of self defense.

The next closest thing in a SD intended 1911 that I have is a Christensen & a Springfield TRP & neither is far behind.

YMMV

MM