Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The "Arab Spring" was initiated by the neocons and endorsed by William Kristol himself.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/arabs-spring-and-ours_556139.html

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The "Arab Spring" was initiated by the neocons and endorsed by William Kristol himself.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/arabs-spring-and-ours_556139.html

Wise Words...
The Arabs� Spring�and Ours
Apr 11, 2011, Vol. 16, No. 29 � By WILLIAM KRISTOL

[...]
Here, early in the twenty-first century, the Arabs seem to be rising to the occasion. The question is, will we?
Perhaps. And perhaps especially if we recall the achievements of Winston Churchill, which suggest that fashionable fatalism is too, well, fatalistic.

Churchill wasn�t a waste land type. He was in important respects a Victorian, or a neo-Victorian. On February 7, 1952, speaking to the British nation after the death of King George VI, as Queen Elizabeth II was ascending the throne, Churchill memorably closed his broadcast: �I, whose youth was passed in the august, unchallenged, and tranquil glories of the Victorian era, may well feel a thrill in invoking, once more, the prayer and the anthem �God Save the Queen.� �

Obviously, as Churchill knew well, the august, unchallenged, and tranquil glories of the Victorian era will not return (if they ever really existed). But is it too much to ask that we regain some of that Victorian confidence about the future? We can�t make all right with the world. But we can make some things in the world a little better. It�s certainly worth the effort to improve the Middle East.

And who knows? Helping the Arab Spring through to fruition might contribute to an American Spring, one of renewed pride in our country and confidence in the cause of liberty.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Is the Middle East "more" stable or "less" stable since the implementation of the *ahem* "Arab Spring"?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Is the Middle East "more" stable or "less" stable since the implementation of the *ahem* "Arab Spring"?

What's really important is that the U.S. military has been reduced to being Obama's personal mercenary outfit. Nobody wants to appear to be unpatriotic by criticizing them and their boot-licking role in propping up that pot-smoking mulatto and his immoral/unlawful 'dalliances' in stirring around the sand in the Middle East.

Just last year the American people said "NO!!" to war in Syria. Looks like Obama and Congress just stuck their middle finger in all of our faces......

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Yeah,...but Obama's just doing what he's told.

The Arab Spring business didn't begin with him.

He's not nearly ambitious enough to be the mastermind of everything that's going on in the Middle East.

In fact, I doubt that he could even give a good explanation of what's been going on without a teleprompter.

Here's William Kristol referring to Obama as a "born again neocon".

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/03/30/bill_kristol_obama_is_a_born-again_neo-con.html

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Just last year the American people said "NO!!" to war in Syria. Looks like Obama and Congress just stuck their middle finger in all of our faces......
Exactly. The taking down of Syria and replacing it with a radical Muslim regime has been the plan of our rulers (and our rulers remain the same regardless of which major party is in power) for a very long time now.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
"The defenders of the DC Empire, both left and Neocon, rely on the Lincoln Myth to justify the central government's ongoing domestic and global interventions. When we manage to pull back the curtains on the falsehood the Empire rests on, we will expose this fraudulent regime for what it is, an authoritarian bully." -Old Rebel

I call on the 24HourCampfire members to exhort their sons to refuse to fly these unconstitutional combat sorties in the Middle East on behalf of President Barack Hussein Obama.

I further call on the Air Farce and Naval Jelly pilots to immediately resign their commissions and stand down from further offensive action in the Middle East. The war stops when the pilots stop flying.

Last edited by gonehuntin; 09/26/14.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Your armed forces thank you..

See the flag in my avatar, it means more to me than that filthy, ugly, rotted piece of cloth flying at the White House.

I don't give a schitt who I offend at this point, I OPPOSE the corrupt Empire based in Washington D.C. and the misguided military serving it.

Ahh....that wasn't the actual CSA flag you're hiding behind.
Not that facts mean anything to you.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
one of the great things about the campfire is the daily entertainment of watching the fruitflies buzz around in various peoples noggins. Constant, mind you, constant.

Fruit flies buzzing around in heads indeed.

In some cases one might find MAGGOTS, feeding on diseased dying brains.

sick

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"The defenders of the DC Empire, both left and Neocon, rely on the Lincoln Myth to justify the central government's ongoing domestic and global interventions. When we manage to pull back the curtains on the falsehood the Empire rests on, we will expose this fraudulent regime for what it is, an authoritarian bully." -Old Rebel

I call on the 24HourCampfire members to exhort their sons to refuse to fly these unconstitutional combat sorties in the Middle East on behalf of President Barack Hussein Obama.

I further call on the Air Farce and Naval Jelly pilots to immediately resign their commissions and stand down from further offensive action in the Middle East. The war stops when the pilots stop flying.

I'd recommend that you set procure a jerry can or two, and set yourself on fire somewhere in D.C.

THAT might get someone to take you seriously, for a few moments, anyway.

Be sure to print up a bunch of flyers with your best diatrebes, prior to self imolating.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
So, you support President Obama? My critics and detractors are legion on 24HourCampfire, it seems. They also support President Barrack Obama. I seem to have flushed out A LOT of closet Obama fanboys. If I reject him, I have to reject EVERYBODY who lifts one finger in support of his agenda. No fence straddling is allowed, either you accept him or reject him. That includes the gullible and willing military pilots who fly on his behalf. They sure as hell aren't flying on behalf of America. Let's see how many medals President Obama throws at the flyboys for their unconstitutional actions. At this point American combat pilots surpass the Luftwaffe when it comes to "following orders", don't they??

I'm damned SICK of the perpetual wars in the Middle East, and every DECENT MAN on the 'Fire should be sick of them, too.

Third national flag, FWIW:

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
At this point American combat pilots surpass the Luftwaffe when it comes to "following orders", don't they??

Adolph Galland is one of my personal heroes.... Wicked-cool uniforms...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Republican Congressmembers Urge Military Officers to Rebel Against Obama

Republican members of Congress are urging military officers to rebel against the Obama administration�s middle eastern foreign policy by resigning �in a blaze of glory,� according to U.S. Rep. Doug Lamborn of Colorado.

During a liberty group forum on Wednesday night in the basement of a Colorado Springs bar, Lamborn, a member of the House Armed Services Committee, answered a question from a member of the audience who urged members of Congress to �support the troops� in the absence of leadership from the White House.

According to Cory Hutchins, who attended the meeting, Lamborn responded by remarking, ��You know what, I can�t add anything to that, but do let me reassure you on this. A lot of us are talking to the generals behind the scenes, saying, �Hey, if you disagree with the policy that the White House has given you, let�s have a resignation.��

��You know, let�s have a public resignation, and state your protest, and go out in a blaze of glory,�� Lamborn added . �And I haven�t seen that very much, in fact I haven�t seen that at all in years.�

The Pentagon failed to respond to Hutchins� request for a comment, but Democrat Irv Halter, a retired Air Force major general who is running against Lamborn, accused Lamborn of politicizing the military.

�Our elected officials should not be encouraging our military leaders to resign when they have a disagreement over policy,� Halter said in a statement. �Someone who serves on the House Armed Services Committee should know better.�

The notion that Lamborn and other members of Congress are urging military leaders to resign amidst yet another bombing campaign in the middle east is extremely noteworthy given suggestions that ground troops may ultimately be deployed in Syria and Iraq to target ISIS militants.

Rumors of rancor were rife amongst members of the military in opposition to Obama�s derailed plan to attack Syria last year, with many taking to Twitter to express their discontent at the White House�s policy of arming jihadist militants throughout the region.

When both active duty and retired soldiers began posting images on Twitter under the #IdidntJoin hashtag to signal their opposition to fighting on the same side as Al-Qaeda terrorists in order to topple the Assad government in Syria, many quarters of the media attempted to claim that the images were fake or the work of pro-Assad hackers, despite numerous indications to suggest that the pictures were indeed genuine.

http://www.infowars.com/republican-congressmembers-urge-military-officers-to-rebel-against-obama/

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

239 members (308xray, 2ndwind, 35WhelenNut, 30Gibbs, 338Rules, 32 invisible), 2,125 guests, and 1,116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,863
Posts18,478,602
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.