Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It's a beat up POS with decent scope rings. It would sell for next to nothing were it not for the infamy.

I personally couldn't buy it and use it without thinking about the creepy factor but it's not that big of deal to me either. I'm driving a vehicle that was involved in a fatality while I was driving it. It crosses my mind sometimes but you can't fix stupid, and you can't expect mentally ill to make reasonable decisions.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The only thing classless about it is the amount of time since the incident.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You guys getting all emotional about an inanimate object? Sound like liberals!!! If you want to get all emotional, do it about the guy that did it. Anybody upset at the jeans he was wearing that day? Didn't think so.
Lay it on a table and watch how many people it kills in the next several decades. It's just a gun, go hunt it.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What was the story on "The Dead Man's Gun?"

If I remember right there was either a story, TV Series,or Movie on that subject.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by eyeball
That (I won't say g n) should have been melted down long ago.

Yeah. That evil gun. We should probably even pass a law to keep other people from owning guns like that. Out of respect for all the people that gun killed.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Yep. Out of respect for the dead and their relatives.

Why? It's simply a rifle and a tool. I don't give it any more or less "personality" than any others. Seems the anti-2A crowd imbues firearms with "evil" characteristics all the time and to no good end. Why should we do anything similar?

This and nothing more, What's wrong here is someone trying to make a buck on some pretty sorry provenance (the gun's misuse by Charles Whitman) It isn't anymore a sniper rifle than any gun any of us own. Older 700 ADL's in 6 mm Rem are a scare item I've looked for years for on in good shape to use for deer and antelope hunting. Should we get rid of 223's and 308's cause they were used to shoot dinks and towelheads ? DUH Magnum Man

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Yeah. That evil gun. We should probably even pass a law to keep other people from owning guns like that. Out of respect for all the people that gun killed.

Imagine the rush to destroy all the M4's! LOL! It would spur the economy!

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
I wouldn't want it at any price....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
I thought it was a 788.

The shooting occured in 1966 and the 788 wasn't introduced until 1967.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
So you all geel the same way about auctions for medevial torture devices right? They should all be destroyed and not put out for sale of profit?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Deflave hit the nail on the head. This is something that if not a majority here, at least a lot of us remember happening first hand during our life. I wouldn't expect the same antipathy if this was Jesse James' gun or even a Walther owned by Goering. The historical aspect in those cases would make it pretty desirable to a lot of people. Simply hasn't been long enough in this case.
John

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 16penny, 1936M71, 1Akshooter, 58 invisible), 2,251 guests, and 1,042 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,819
Posts18,496,481
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.