Hop To
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18
KFWA Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
if interested you watch the video and decide if they were justified or not

Dayton Police shoot man waving air rifle sold in Wal-Mart - in Wal-Mart

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I watched the video on my phone but it is too small and not enough detail for me to form an opinion. I can't tell from the tiny video if he walked around the store with the air rifle? It appears he was standing in sporting goods by the air rifles when he was shot? I would also want to hear EXACTLY what the person who called 911 said and what the responding officers were told by dispatch before I would attempt any Monday morning quarterbacking on this.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Holy crap! Not only was there no effort made to get him to drop the toy, he didn't even know anyone was concerned about him till he was already fatally shot.

Man, when I was a kid, toy stores had whole wall sections full of realistic toy guns of every description (Remember Mattel's M-16?), many of them loose, and it was the norm for kids of all ages to grab one and fool around with it in the isles of the store.

The cops who did this need to be arrested for murdering this man. Equally to blame, however, is the police culture that's been encouraged by the establishment, i.e., that citizens are entirely expendable, and no consideration for the rights of the citizen need concern them as they seek, to the maximum possible degree, to minimize danger to themselves while carrying out their assigned duties.

It's a mindset appropriate to an active field of battle in a war zone, but completely out of place for a civilian police force operating within the borders of their own nation.

KFWA Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I think basically the police took the caller at his word - and I guess he was factual - a man was waving around a gun

even though I'm sure it was an orange tipped gun

What bothers me is that the police enter the store - and the situation wasn't customers hiding behind dog food or running for the exits, people were just shopping and going about their business while this guy was playing war or whatever with a toy rifle, talking on his cell phone

That said, if you see a policeman point a gun at you, whether you did anything wrong or not, then is not the time to test the police restraint.

It appears they came upon the guy at an aisle end cap and the policeman determined he had on a couple of seconds to make a decision of whether this man was a threat to his life or not.

Why it came down to that , to me, is the real issue of all this.

Last edited by KFWA; 09/25/14.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
KFWA Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
another thing here - how far apart is this and someone carrying a real gun around the store under state open carry laws?

a 911 caller brings out the swat team to the local Kroger because a dude is buying ice cream and he gets shot in the head.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KFWA
another thing here - how far apart is this and someone carrying a real gun around the store under state open carry laws?

a 911 caller brings out the swat team to the local Kroger because a dude is buying ice cream and he gets shot in the head.
Well, in defense of the police, he was gonna eventually die from all that sugar anyway.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
That's a disturbing video.

Retired cat herder.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by g5m
That's a disturbing video.
One minute the guy's messing with a product off the shelf at Walmart, and the next he's full of holes and leaking his life out at the hands of a bunch of tacticool police. WTF has this nation come to?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Grand Jury has already given a pass to the officer.

But Holder and the DOJ are opening an investigation.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Grand Jury has already given a pass to the officer.

But Holder and the DOJ are opening an investigation.
Jurors are, for the most part, intimidated when it comes to taking actions against police officers, apart from the most blatant sort of open criminality. The police operate much like a criminal gang in terms of how they stick together against anyone who they perceive as being against any of their kind. If you're a "lowly" civilian, considering the awesome power wielded by cops these days, the last thing you want is for them to think of you as "that guy who put one of our guys in prison."

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Looks to me like he was shooting products inside the store...a few people come around the corner & see what he's doing & take off...I suppose they alerted employees

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I don't think crossman guns are orange tipped, unless they're air soft.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That guy had already shot a kid in the windpipe and a lady in the face. He was running around screaming about "putting your eye out with that thing". He was a crazy man trying to shoot people's eyes out.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
That guy had already shot a kid in the windpipe and a lady in the face. He was running around screaming about "putting your eye out with that thing". He was a crazy man trying to shoot people's eyes out.
So why not tell him to drop it from a distance, and only pulling triggers on him if he starts to raise it up?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
So why not tell him to drop it from a distance, and only pulling triggers on him if he starts to raise it up?

Because the cop didn't want his eye shot out.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

With the gun pointing to the floor?? I don't even think the guy realized cops had been called till after he was leaking.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Jurors are, for the most part, intimidated when it comes to taking actions against police officers, apart from the most blatant sort of open criminality.

Talking out of your ass again, Hawkeye.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

And there's the whole story, I thought there might be more.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

TFF!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 222Sako, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 61 invisible), 2,544 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,293
Posts18,486,934
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.