Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
LOL, an accessory to murder.

In the Financial Services, if a broker gets busted, he supervisor can expect to loose his license as well.

If you are a police supervisor/Manger, and your officer(s) kill someone due to inadequate or improper training, they should be held criminally responsible for the death. Large payouts of tax payer money doesn't seem to catch their attention, but take an incident such as this, put the officer, SGT, and Lieutenant behind bars, the later two for their failure to train and supervise, and police would start viewing these incidents in a different light, and training to a more balanced approach to risk management.

Perhaps you are right that accessory to murder is not the correct charge. A reckless action that causes the death of person is perhaps better captured by a charge of Man Slaughter.

Did you miss where the cade was presented to a Grand Jury and they No- billed it?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by gitem_12

In the Financial Services, if a broker gets busted, he supervisor can expect to loose his license as well.

If you are a police supervisor/Manger, and your officer(s) kill someone due to inadequate or improper training, they should be held criminally responsible for the death. Large payouts of tax payer money doesn't seem to catch their attention, but take an incident such as this, put the officer, SGT, and Lieutenant behind bars, the later two for their failure to train and supervise, and police would start viewing these incidents in a different light, and training to a more balanced approach to risk management.

Perhaps you are right that accessory to murder is not the correct charge. A reckless action that causes the death of person is perhaps better captured by a charge of Man Slaughter.

Did you miss where the cade was presented to a Grand Jury and they No- billed it?

I did not. And in this instance I disagree with the Grand Jury.

As one article mentioned this killing was "within the officers training", they had just been through "active shooter" training two weeks prior. Just a couple of problems here. This wasn't an active shooter, it appears the officers NEVER considered for a moment the initial reports were wrong (hint, the saying within the INTEL community is "initial reports are always wrong"), and they didn't even take the time to read the shoppers, or realize they were not hearing gunshot before opening fire.

So, if a person negligently releases a wild animal upon the public that kills someone, what's the proper charge?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Parents of adults who make bad decisions should also be held criminally liable? They had a pretty big part in shaping the decision making ability of that adult.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

The problem I have is that as long as a cop can shoot anyone that he feels to be a threat with no repercussions, all we will ever have in these events is hindsight. Repercussions would cause more foresight.

Best not to shoot anyone you feel is a threat.

Take a bullet first, then return fire.

Not at all. They could have used a bull horn or the store intercom to tell him to put the gun down and no one would have been hurt. They didn't think in this manner because there are no repercussions. In order to be charged with a crime a cop would have to basically just execute an unarmed man, and even then it would have to be on video. Repercussions for a bad shoot will cause more forethought.

The actions of these cops were as if there was an active shooter who had already shot people. In such a case, their actions would be completely justified. That is not what happened here, but the cops were jacked up so much from active shooter training that they saw what wasn't there.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 09/25/14.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Parents of adults who make bad decisions should also be held criminally liable? They had a pretty big part in shaping the decision making ability of that adult.

Yes, parents can be held responsible for their child's actions:

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/parents-civil-liability-a-childs-acts.htm

Ohio (isn't that where this happened) even tried to make them criminally responsible.

And parents can be held criminally responsible if they don't do enough to prevent their underage kids from drinking in some states:

http://blogs.findlaw.com/law_and_life/2012/05/parents-can-be-arrested-for-drunk-teen-parties.html

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

I did not. And in this instance I disagree with the Grand Jury.

As one article mentioned this killing was "within the officers training", they had just been through "active shooter" training two weeks prior. Just a couple of problems here. This wasn't an active shooter, it appears the officers NEVER considered for a moment the initial reports were wrong (hint, the saying within the INTEL community is "initial reports are always wrong"), and they didn't even take the time to read the shoppers, or realize they were not hearing gunshot before opening fire.

So, if a person negligently releases a wild animal upon the public that kills someone, what's the proper charge?

1How many "active shooter training courses have you been through?

2. Just because they didn't hear shots does not mean there is no shooter

I can't make any opinion on what theu thought, especially with a measely 1:41 worth of Video.

But it appears that the Grand Jury that was able to hear everuthing the DA had, did not feel it warranted a true bill. End of story

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

The problem I have is that as long as a cop can shoot anyone that he feels to be a threat with no repercussions, all we will ever have in these events is hindsight. Repercussions would cause more foresight.

Best not to shoot anyone you feel is a threat.

Not at all. They could have used a bull horn or the store intercom to tell him to put the gun down and no one would have been hurt. They didn't think in this manner because there are no repercussions. In order to be charged with a crime a cop would have to basically just execute an unarmed man, and even then it would have to be on videoThey did execute an essentially unarmed man on video.. Repercussions for a bad shoot will cause more forethought.

The actions of these cops were as if there was an active shooter who had already shot people. In such a case, their actions would be completely justified. That is not what happened here, but the cops were jacked up so much from active shooter training that they saw what wasn't there.

You my friend....nailed it.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Not at all. They could have used a bull horn or the store intercom to tell him to put the gun down and no one would have been hurt.
That was the first thought that occurred to me, as well. But, like you say, in the vast majority of cases there are no consequences for wrongful death by cop, so what motivation is there for cops to think of non-lethal approaches? None. To them, due to the modern police culture, civilian life is cheap.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

I can't make any opinion on what they thought, especially with a measely 1:41 worth of Video.

Of course not. That's the stick you fingers in your ears, lalalalalalalala, of most LEO's when confronted with a set of facts not favorable to their profession. When is the last time you admitted on this forum an officer was wrong?

However, despite the fact that I am throwing hammers at Blue tonight, he's made that exact admission several times in the past and was willing to call out, what in his opinion, was bad police work. I respect that.

Are you saying these boys acted properly, that this is the way you were trained, and you would have done the same thing???

And if you are, how is this causing you to rethink your training???

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They did execute an essentially unarmed man on video

That's simply false
He was armed with a deadly weapon

If you don't believe that, let me shoot you with my pellet rifle

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
that right there was downright scary and looked all wrong to me. that could have been any big kid in the store carrying around an airsoft gun. i'm all for LE, but that looked dead wrong to me.

My diploma is a DD214
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

I can't make any opinion on what they thought, especially with a measely 1:41 worth of Video.

Of course not. That's the stick you fingers in your ears, lalalalalalalala, of most LEO's when confronted with a set of facts not favorable to their profession. When is the last time you admitted on this forum an officer was wrong?

However, despite the fact that I am throwing hammers at Blue tonight, he's made that exact admission several times in the past and was willing to call out, what in his opinion, was bad police work. I respect that.

Are you saying these boys acted properly, that this is the way you were trained, and you would have done the same thing???

If someone that appears armed, and makes a furtive movement that i take to mean they intend to harm me, then they are getting shot.

That bull horn from a parking lot is pure hollywood,

And I have called bad police work what it was. Hell i've testified against other cops, that includes cops in my own dept.

Answer my question how many active shooter teaing courses have you been through?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Snyper
They did execute an essentially unarmed man on video

That's simply false
He was armed with a deadly weapon

If you don't believe that, let me shoot you with my pellet rifle

I've spent many hours with a pellet rifle. Did you know that with a pellet, that model of pellet rifle will not penetrate neither a skunks skull, nor a deer skull from the front? Now wth BB's at point blank range you can do it with the Daisey 880, but not the Crossman 760.

Are you claiming this pellet rifle will penetrate body armor?

And keep in mind the 760 is a multi-pump system. It takes 10 pumps to achieve full power, making it a single shot system. It's not exactly an AKM.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

If someone that appears armed, and makes a furtive movement that i take to mean they intend to harm me, then they are getting shot.

And I have called bad police work what it was. Hell i've testified against other cops, that includes cops in my own dept.

Answer my question how many active shooter teaing courses have you been through?

Then look at the tape again and show me the "fugitive movement".

He never faced the officers before he was shot.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Not at all. They could have used a bull horn or the store intercom to tell him to put the gun down and no one would have been hurt.
That was the first thought that occurred to me, as well. But, like you say, in the vast majority of cases there are no consequences for wrongful death by cop, so what motivation is there for cops to think of non-lethal approaches? None. To them, due to the modern police culture, civilian life is cheap.

I don't think cops ever go into a situation like this just not giving a crap if they kill someone or not. I think they simply act in the manner they have been trained to act. We live in hard times. I would like to see changes, but there are no easy answers.

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
it could start by not putting yourself in a situation where you are acting on reflex and not thinking

Rambo mode isn't going over very well with the general public right now.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Then look at the tape again and show me the "fugitive movement".

He never faced the officers before he was shot.

Its furtive. And according to the evidence presented at the Gj he was shot before dropping the "air gun" after failing to follow orders to drop said gun.

18 witnesses testified to that Grand Jury. With that many testimonies, if the GJ had had enough to begin to think vharges were warrneted they would have handed up a bill.

Yep? The feds are looking into it at the request of the suspects family. Based solely on...... Whether racism played a factor. Thats a good hint that their attorney knows it was a good shoot

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For the sake of argument, we're not talking about parents giving kids beer.

We're talking about adults going to prison for the bad decisions that other adults make. Which is crazy.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Show me, on the tape, where he created a threat to the officer.
Please prove the time marker where you see it.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by KFWA
it could start by not putting yourself in a situation where you are acting on reflex and not thinking

Rambo mode isn't going over very well with the general public right now.

I completely agree. I can just see both sides with all the crazy things going on in the world today.

Still, I would rather not live in a militarized police state. I would much rather trust keeping myself safe than having to wonder if I might get shot at anytime by a nervous cop.

There was another story just today on an Alabama Forum where a guy was shot at a traffic stop because he took his wallet out like he was ordered to do. Thankfully he wasn't killed.

Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (219 Wasp, 007FJ, 219DW, 12344mag, 257Bob, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,309 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,276
Posts18,486,677
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.