Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Just about everyone, it seems, has tattoos today.

� Who here does not have at least one tattoo?

� Are tattoos a passing fad, or will they always be culturally ordinary?

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
folks have been getting tats for ever. No reason for it to stop. I have two. Might get another. smile

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
folks have been getting tats for ever. �

Yep.

But not nearly everybody.

Never in the numbers and extent that we see today.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No tats here.

I think they are here to stay. Judging by the number of tattoo studios I see, they must do enough business to support lots of folks.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
my brother and I both served an enlistment in the Navy and neither of us has a tattoo to this day.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
None here. Most of my Army buddies serving in Vietnam had tattoos, but I never had any desire. My oldest daughter got a tiny tattoo on her lower back while away in college. She regrets it now that she's in her thirties. I suppose tattoos go back to ancient man since some American Indians, Eskimos, Africans, & others were tattooed. I teach & work in armed security in the DC area & any visible tattoo will result in not being hired. I look at tattoos as a personal choice like having a beard, which I do, & could care less what others do.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
No tats here. No problem with them either. To each his own.

We are in the construction business, so pretty much anything goes in the workplace. One of our best sub-contractors (painter) has tats and jewelry everywhere. There are jobs where we can't use him because of customer discretion. "I don't want that pos in my house". He is honest and hard working, but can't escape the stereotypes.

I can't help but wonder about the youngsters getting all tatted up early in life. It seems to me they are spending money to reduce their income earning potential later in life, especially with the face and neck tats. JMHO

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't have one and have no intention of getting one.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The current tattoo fad has passed its zenith based upon the amount of business Dermatologists are doing in tattoo removal. Many employers decline to hire tattooed candidates as well as the military.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by MColeman
Don't have one and have no intention of getting one.

Agreed!

maddog

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No tats here.

It seems that it is prevalent amoung the young people in their 20's. I am 40 and when I was very young, tattoos were looked at like a sign of low class. It will be interesting to see if the children of these young people continue to do as their parents or if they swing back the other direction.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
All set with a few buddies to go get a Tat this was about 1977 my buddies dad asked us to have a beer with him 1st, we did he was a big Harley rideing Ex Marine, he had the cor Tat. He was going from Island to Island, world war II Cleaning up so to speak looking for Japs and any Amercian POWS he told us of finding skined Pows, there tats made into small Lamp shades, wall hangings stuff like that! that was enough to stop me that day. and still tat free.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No tattoos in my family.

They make a bad impression.

Of course some like them.

I worked with a guy back in the 50's who had been in the Navy and had one on his forearm. That seemed ok at the time for him.

We saw a kit of temporary tattoos for sale in a store.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
None here and few in my circle of friends and family have any.

I look at it like jewelry or wearing excessive makeup. If that's what you like and makes you feel attractive, then that's great.

Kent

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
No tattoos here.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I hope they are a passing fad. I have nothing against anyone who has them in fact some of my closest friends have many. I have fought the urge to get one myself at times. I see so many that just look like complete dog$hit and I see beautiful girls that have ruined themselves with lots of tattoos all over their bodies. Its a damn shame that one day at least 75% of them will be wishing that they never had gotten one.

I don't have any for several reasons.

1. Idon't want any distinguishing marks on my body cause in these days and times there's no telling what a man might have to do to keep his family safe and with our goverments ideas where bad is good and good is bad I don't want to be identifiable by a tattoo. Just cause I'm paranoid doesn't mean theyaaren't out to get me! lol

2. I know god doesn't shun someone if they have tattoos its man's heart he is concerned about but it speaks against it in the bible so I had rather not have them,,, ok call me a bible thumper I don't g.a.s..

3. The only thing I would want is Jesus on the cross but I don't care about being targeted by a muslim because they see a tattoo of my saviour on me.

4. Once its done its done.

5. What if the artist messes up?

NO THANKS, I'll just live in my pale Scottish skin and red beard.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No tats here. Saw one I wanted, the little guy pushing a lawn mower, on my bald spot. Mawsquaw wouldn't let me.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Nothing against those that do, but I have none. I lean towards the live and let live mindset, but I'm an observer of people and surroundings. Tattoos sometimes give me a little more insight.

I thought about getting a small one on my upper arm when I was about 18 or 20 years old, 30 years ago. Now I'm sort of enjoying my uniqueness. wink

Edited to add: I'm thinking the, "Hey everybody, look at how cool and unique I am, I got one too!" thing is probably a passing fad. Of course tattoos have been around a long time, and will always be, but probably in much smaller numbers.

Last edited by bhemry; 09/27/14. Reason: added more
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Don't have one. Kick around getting one. Don't mind them at all on others.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I don't have any. Wouldn't get one where it couldn't be covered for a job interview.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (35, 69sportfury, AdventureBound, 6mmCreedmoor, 6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 6 invisible), 1,454 guests, and 882 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,514
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.