Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
after reading a few pages of this thread...it brought another thought to mind... the cost of these things...

just for the hell of it, one day I was a block up the street from the local welfare office, so I thought I'd stop in and just "look around"....

Thursday afternoon and the place is packed...some woman was walking around with applications to sign up for food stamps, asking people if they wanted one, and telling them if they needed it they could get assistance filling it out to maximize their benefit potential...

most of the women in there were overweight, regardless of age...
and the guys were either skinny little runts, or overweight as hell.... common theme was they all looked like Beavis and Butthead wannabes...

the lady handing out the food stamp applications, came up to me and asked did I want an application, and would I like assistance filling it out... I told her no, I had just stopped in looking for someone....

Then I told her, " I think you and I are the only two people in here without a tattoo..." even tho she was conservative looking, she looked at me and then pulled down her top revealing the top of her boobs and showed me the tattoos on top of them, that went further down her bra.... telling me... " NO sir, I guess you are the only one with no tattoos..."

She just gave me a dirty look when I told her, that if most of these people in here, DIDN'T have a tattoo.... considering the money invested on how many they had.. they probably wouldn't NEED to be down here, expecting citizens like me to pay for their monthly food bill....

and of course nothing to do with the tattoos they were wearing... but you could also smell the subtle smell of 'burnt rope' and the little kids were running all over the place just like recess for the monkeys down at the zoo....

It was pretty disgusting in my book as I walked out...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
ARGGggghhh Matey !

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I don't have any and likely never will. My wife has a couple, and both step-daughters have several and seem to keep adding more (to the point of being too much). I don't mind them in moderation - just not for me...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't have any, neither of my two brothers has any, neither sister has any and my parents don't have any. We are all over 30 years of age. Just raised right.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dont really give a rat's rancid rump if folks have them, to each their own..

However, the cheap ones often look like schit and the really good ones are expensive! Makes me wonder how much bread some have dropped on their skin...might as well superglue C-notes all over yourself like the GEICO dude... smile

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I did 25 years of active duty in the Navy and like most sailors, I've got a couple. However, you can't see them when I wear a short sleeved shirt. None of the ones I have depict anything obscene, grotesque or questionable. I got them for myself and I don't see any reason to have them on public display.

Some people seem to get them for the shock value. I got mine to honor shipmates and the nation they swore to protect.

Be careful what you ask for because you just may get it someday.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Just about everyone, it seems, has tattoos today.

� Who here does not have at least one tattoo?

� Are tattoos a passing fad, or will they always be culturally ordinary?
I have none. The trend towards them is a sign of a civilization sliding towards barbarity. Same with piercings.

My thoughts exactly. Who has them and how many makes a difference. We are watching an unfolding horror show. Kind of like the rise of the new Democratic Party.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
ARGGggghhh Matey !

When a kid I was infatuated and scared at the same time of Queequeg!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
NO tats here and will never have any.

Just never could see marking your body on purpose.

Do NOT like nose rings or other such crap either. Just don't understand the mentality of the people that get them.

Virgil B.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
None for me.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Paladin

I got one when I was in the second grade, a small dot the size of a pencil lead in my right thigh. I placed a really sharp #2 pencil in my pocket point first, then sometime later sat down at my desk and got my first tattoo.

I didn't really like tattoos after that and decided not to get any more.

Crap - forgot about that one. I have the same one in blue ink from a ball point pen grin

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Personally I think the young kids are getting them, due to having the need to satisfy an identity crisis...

talked the young kids I know personally that have gotten them, and their response is usually something along the lines of it makes them an "individual"....hey look at me!!!

as my son sarcastically notes... they have to be an "individual".. just like everybody else..

also know that each one of these kids, has gone down and gotten on food stamps as soon as they turned 18.. and then spend it on beef jerky, Monster Sodas etc....but hey, that's another story...

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't have any; never would. Feel sorry for all the ignorant kids getting them.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Two tours in Nam (65-67), some of my buddies got them while there, but I never thought much of paying to have someone stick needles in my body. In any case the tats my buddies got were small in comparison to what I'm seeing on folks today.

I don't think all that much of the idiots that have them all over the body. Seems to me anyone who does up their face, arms, & neck, is saying "Look at me, I'm so different"!

You know most will never get a high paying job, and will always be viewed as kind of clueless.

Don't even ask about piercing.

Okay, so I'm opinionated on this subject!

Respects,
Richard

Cat, the other white meat!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by tjm10025

No tats.

Never saw one I liked so much I wanted to have it forever.

+1

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Seafire
Personally I think the young kids are getting them, due to having the need to satisfy an identity crisis...

talked the young kids I know personally that have gotten them, and their response is usually something along the lines of it makes them an "individual"....hey look at me!!!

as my son sarcastically notes... they have to be an "individual".. just like everybody else..

also know that each one of these kids, has gone down and gotten on food stamps as soon as they turned 18.. and then spend it on beef jerky, Monster Sodas etc....but hey, that's another story...

That was the point of my post. Pretty obvious when you think about it. You just described a typical convenience store shopping list. Gotta have their "smokes" too.

Funny, in a sad sort of way.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
and let's not forget that in places like Berkeley, people on 'assistance' can go down and get "medical" marijuana for free...

locally they are selling radio ads for Medical MaryJane clinics..

" live pain free... stop into one of our convenient locations and let us show you how to get your medical marijuana card... and live the pain free life style you deserve..."

makes me friggin barf.....

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I'm in the mid 20's and tattoo free but it's simply because I'd rather spend money on things I can use.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
None here, I just remember my father telling me that as long as I live under his roof there will be no tatoo's or ear rings.That was 30yrs ago and I thank him for that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never got drunk enough to get a Tattoo when I was in the Navy, and as far as I know my brother who spent 27 years in the Canoe Club never got one.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

461 members (160user, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 42 invisible), 2,126 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,460
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.