Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Thanks to all who responded we all appreciate your input. I wish to have no part with nomination or selection of the recipitant. I will get the rifle and scope and knife to Seafire.

How about donations of binos, gift certificates to Midway, Cabelas, couple boxes of ammo, gun case, etc.

Thanks again, don't forget to nominate someone please.

Paul

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire

..so far it has not been too hard to see thru the posers.. and we have had a couple in the past... but they are not hard to spot...

damnit, no wonder I never get any free stuff cry

and it turns out I'm spotted as well?

kudos gents, pretty good way to honor the blessings bestowed upon us, by bestowing some of them on someone else.

but you guys are still a bunch of heartless, conservative bastids! well according to some, but not me

good form MOEd

and yes Seafire, you're great at making this stuff happen

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

and yes Seafire, you're great at making this stuff happen

Well your chances just increased 100%...maybe 101 %... whistle

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I would think you would never know vets who are truly down on their luck as they just don't bitch about it.

-Piss into the wind.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Thanks to all who responded we all appreciate your input. I wish to have no part with nomination or selection of the recipitant. I will get the rifle and scope and knife to Seafire.

How about donations of binos, gift certificates to Midway, Cabelas, couple boxes of ammo, gun case, etc.

Thanks again, don't forget to nominate someone please.

Paul

Paul.

I'm in. Not wanting to judge but always willing to donate.

As Sam stated, just let me know.

David

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If i don't personally know the person , then i don't think i would be qualified to be a judge .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
John - I have a buddy who visits the ABQ VA average 4 times a week.
I'll see if he knows any candidates.
Thanks for ramrodding this deal!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Is it all scratched up?

Uh safariman isn't selling it so no.... Please stay on topic

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Yetti
As a past recipient of a rifle from one of Seafire's Veteran Rifle Project's I have to say it was one of the most humbling and honoring events I have been a part of. I feel so honored and humbled every time that rifle comes out of the safe(which is alot!) It has become my favorite rifle, although it has yet to be bloodied. Deployments kept me from using it before, and had my hunting plans this year ruined with my accident 2 weeks ago. If there is any way I can contribute to this, let me now once it gets going.

You crying?

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can I nominate myself I'm almost a veteran I washed out in basic training every time I ran I have panic attacks.
1998-1998 ft sill

thanks guys

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Gotta say...I'm a about to considered an asshhhhole....I've contributed to multiple causes over the last eight years, not insignificantly, always promised a PM of thanks...canned nno doubt, but would a happily accepted...never received..

Cast me with a jaundiced eye,

Charlie

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well Charlie,

I have no clue if it was anything I was involved with, but if I neglected to thank you for your support, please accept my apology, and a belated thank you for all you have done...

I can understand where even a little appreciation goes a long way, especially when one never seems to receive it..

best regards
seafire

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Well Charlie,

I have no clue if it was anything I was involved with, but if I neglected to thank you for your support, please accept my apology, and a belated thank you for all you have done...

I can understand where even a little appreciation goes a long way, especially when one never seems to receive it..

best regards
seafire

Appreciate your thoughts and not sure how to reply:
Thanks?
or...
GFY

Charlie

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chas05
Well Charlie,

best regards
seafire

Thanks?
or...
GFY

Charlie

Well that's a mood killer.

How in the world you guys gunna figure out who's deserving? I mean come on, if he smokes cigarettes and drinks beer but doesn't have money for hunting stuff does he qualify? What if he occasionally wears a wife-beater t shirt? Or lives in Tennessee? Is he up on his child support?

Seriously, one of the criteria should be that he himself needs to be a selfless giver, the kind of guy that doesn't have anything because of his own generosity. Someone that wouldn't do this for himself, unlike me, and maybe a couple others on here. wink

Lots of professional victims out there.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We did this with the Hunter Education program here when I was the Chief Instructor. We gave away a scoped rifle, took the youth on a guided antelope hunt and had the trophy mounted for the youth when it was all done.

This was a great experience for the youth and those of us participating in the program. Choosing the young people that we did was done through an announcement that we made through the Hunter Ed program at the beginning of the class during our scheduled class that we held annually.

It is easier than you might think, the success was beyond our expectations. I saw one of the recipients years later and he still remarked at how much this meant to him. This isn't charity as much as a hand up to our young people that would like to engage in the outdoors, specifically hunting.

Giving someone a gun adds a component in the effort to do such a good deed, but it worked well.

If there are any questions I can answer on how we did this, I am willing to share all the success we had, not to mention the support from many sources. We did this for 5 years and took several young people on their first and possibly greatest adventure and saw how in just a few days, lives were changed...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by chas05
Well Charlie,

best regards
seafire

Thanks?
or...
GFY

Charlie

well, if ya think I am an okay guy, I guess "Thanks?" is the proper reply.....

deFlave set the trend on the campfire, If ya like someone, then its GFY....

Let your conscious be your guide, or just accept it.. with no need to reply...

everyone deserves some appreciation and it is not always given...

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Again thanks to everyone. Your comments and support are appreciated.

How about someone or several donate a cleaning rod, attachments, targets, cleaning patches.

Thanks

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If brain damage qualifies the person, then give it to someone who choose to live in California .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Good suggestion BEA....

We will start checking on some of the guys that reside down at Pelican Bay...see if anyone of them would like a firearm... whistle

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
TnBoys take care of Tn Remfs, keep your $20 and broadcast your PMs. Although I wouldn't call our selection a remf but a Rakkasan

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

326 members (219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 204guy, 46 invisible), 2,536 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,239
Posts18,485,851
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.