Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yeeeehaw it's like winning the lottery, all of a sudden $$ in the bank

this one was a good one, nice job by the investment gurus

sure would like to see that PFD get up to a 100 billion or so, don't know that it will happen.

but if it's possible, we could pay for state gov't off the interest...hopefully

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
GB1

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Is credit due the gurus or just the fact that the crappy years are rolling out of the formula?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The next 3-4 PFD's should all be good ones from what I have heard.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I think they go on a 5 year average, so the next 3-4 should be solid.

This is the trick to make more money off the PFD in my town. AC for years has offered a $1000 gift card for $800. We'd load up on them, as they are the only game in town, and you can use them to buy gasoline. Momma is an expert at knowing now many we'd need for the entire year. Invest $800, get $200. Can't beat that 25% return, especially on fuel.

This year it's $1000 for a $1200 card. Not quite as good as it was before, but still excellent. Down to 20%, but we'll still get our share for groceries and fuel. That's .91 off a gallon of gas at todays prices. Almost getting down to lower 48 prices.

Last edited by Calvin; 10/02/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Fairview's not that bad. My kids have improved their situational awareness and driving skills by having to watch out for drunks stumbling into oncoming traffic.
LOL!...their have been quite a few they should call it "Frogger" instead of Fairview!

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What burns me up these [bleep] down here in the lower 48 collecting it knowing they will never return back to Alaska. as of now from what I was told it's their word against Alaskas until they retire and when they retire where they at then Alaska can do something its sickening. I think Alaska needs to go back to the 72 hour rule for military hell I'm in the military and I made it back up to Ak this year for 14 days. I know of one family the wife hasnt been back to AK in 3yrs she far as I know (I could be wrong) is collecting it with a big smile and they know damn well they are never going back to Alaska. [bleep] I ahve a 1SG here he collects it and he says he is never going back to Alaska but he still has Alaska plates and what not.

Last edited by 79S; 10/02/14.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S #9224427 10/02/14
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I thought that they had to "intend to say in Alaska" or something like that?

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Smart move Calvin. I wish Petro would do that down at the dock! Free boat gas has a ring to it!

SG Sky 7400 ordered.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin
I thought that they had to "intend to say in Alaska" or something like that?

They do somewhere it says you ahve to show intent coming back to Alaska. We have a home thier and my family this saturday is going back. I think Alaska needs to ramp up the enforcement on this. If we as Alaskans just shrug our shoulders thats stealing from us.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Proving intent after the fact is mighty tough... As for me, I am glad to give it to them as long as they do not come back!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My son who was born and raised here, but now attends college out of state, was initially denied his PFD this year because his school checked the wrong box on his Education Verification form. We spent many frustrating hours proving that he still is an Alaska resident and intends to remain so before finally getting the denial overturned on appeal. Those who are wrongfully collecting piss me off.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by trapperJ
Smart move Calvin. I wish Petro would do that down at the dock! Free boat gas has a ring to it!

SG Sky 7400 ordered.

Looking forward to looking over your 7400. I've been on the edge of getting a SG several times now.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I am getting the idea that PFD probably doesn't mean personal floatation device. How much is it?

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by akpls
My son who was born and raised here, but now attends college out of state, was initially denied his PFD this year because his school checked the wrong box on his Education Verification form. We spent many frustrating hours proving that he still is an Alaska resident and intends to remain so before finally getting the denial overturned on appeal. Those who are wrongfully collecting piss me off.

Depending on how old he is he should be able to go back and reapply when he turns 18. He should be able to get it.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Let me be the voice of reason here.

Consider a closed end mutual fund, paying around 8%. In 20 years, your pfd will be worth $8781. Well, I tried....(grin)

If I was guaranteed 8% annually for 20 years I'd do it in a heartbeat. However, "Past performance does not guarantee future results."

But I agree with the basic premise of investing it if possible.

Alone in the Fortress of the Bears
70 Days Surviving Wilderness Alaska:
Foraging, Fishing, Hunting
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Surgery on an 11 year old Lab took half....and counting... Now my Soldotna hunting partner wants some payment on his ATV that I've been using the last 4 years up here.. Seems his old snow-plow ATV ain't cutting it anymore. and he doesn't want "mine" back.. (What the hell - I took great care of it... mostly.)

Dang, a guy just never catches up.... smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

las #9225372 10/02/14
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
New rack with rocket launchers, fish box and some other work on my 20 ft Koffler Baybee. Boys PFD is paying for there college still.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mines going towards a Kodiak deer hunt next year with a couple of the other local board members. I looked at it as the best way to piss mine away this year.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kk alaska
New rack with rocket launchers, fish box and some other work on my 20 ft Koffler Baybee. Boys PFD is paying for there college still.

Interesting way to describe breast enlargement surgery!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by trapperJ

SG Sky 7400 ordered.

Looking forward to looking over your 7400. I've been on the edge of getting a SG several times now.

I'm thinking that the 5100 Sky would be a really good alpine pack. I went 7400 for sheep hunting but will of course will use it in the alpine also.

My Barney pack will still see service for moose and brown bear. It's never let me down for 20 years but it was time to upgrade for other hunts.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

260 members (16penny, 280shooter, 29aholic, 204guy, 2ndwind, 300_savage, 33 invisible), 2,399 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,235
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.