Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
[quote=rost495]
We will all sin but we can all be forgiven if we repent and ask for it. That's the downfall of homosexuals. They're convinced that what they're doing is 'normal' and they refuse to repent. Without that repentance, they're doomed.

Now Ya went and did it, Antlers ain't gonna like that! Ya had to go and tell the truth eh?

Do not forget that Jesus told the woman at the well that she was forgiven and to go and sin no more.... The homosexuals do not like the last part... We all should try everyday to do what is right and to not sin.... the Homosexuals do not want to do that.. they want to keep right on doing each other

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Bible has many, many passages about sex. Everything it says about it can be condensed into 2 simple rules:
1. you must be married to your partner
2. your partner must be of the opposite sex.

That's all of it. Sex within those rules is blessed by God. Any sex outside of them is cursed by God. Jesus even so far as to say that fantasizing must be kept within those rules.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Church is filled with sinners. Always was and always will be. How is gays who keep having sex any different than the barber that cheats on his wife saturday night and sits in the front row on sunday? Or the man in the back that sold drugs the night before? Should all who repent yet keep on keepin on be banned from church?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by pahick
Church is filled with sinners. Always was and always will be. How is gays who keep having sex any different than the barber that cheats on his wife saturday night and sits in the front row on sunday? Or the man in the back that sold drugs the night before? Should all who repent yet keep on keepin on be banned from church?
As a matter of fact, Paul said to do exactly that. There was the man who was living with his stepmother (presumably his father married a woman much younger than himself. Paul said that he should be thrown out.

1 Cor. 5:1 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans: A man has his father�s wife.
2 And you are proud! Shouldn�t you rather have been filled with grief and have put out of your fellowship the man who did this?

A practicing homosexual is no different than a church member who's cheating on his wife and they should be treated exactly the same. They should be made aware that their acts are sinful and won't be tolerated by the church. Paul gave a series of steps to take to deal with these things with ejection from the church being the final step.

― George Orwell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thinking there should be an awful lot of empty churches

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
today, the Catholic Church forever changed...
In context, "forever" will not be all that long.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jesus said he came to heal the sick, not the healthy. He came to forgive and to save but he also said that those who love him will follow his commandments. He gave us many of those commandments through the apostles and other NT writers.
He will gladly forgive sexual sinners, but only if they repent and ask for the forgiveness. He also told us, through Paul, that we are NOT to keep on sinning. We are to do our very best to stop.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sako

never had any respect for the catholic church after seeing some of the most ornate gold filled churches in south America and seeing the people around it living in such poor conditions and filth... they care about them selves... not the people.

Those were gifts FROM the people.

3 While he was in Bethany, reclining at the table in the home of Simon the Leper, a woman came with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, made of pure nard. She broke the jar and poured the perfume on his head.

4 Some of those present were saying indignantly to one another, �Why this waste of perfume? 5 It could have been sold for more than a year�s wages[a] and the money given to the poor.� And they rebuked her harshly.

6 �Leave her alone,� said Jesus. �Why are you bothering her? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 7 The poor you will always have with you,[b] and you can help them any time you want. But you will not always have me. 8 She did what she could. She poured perfume on my body beforehand to prepare for my burial. 9 Truly I tell you, wherever the gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.�

Islam is a terrorist organization.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The gays in church situation is pretty simple. Most folks ask to be forgiven for their sins and repent. The gays expect to be forgiven while continuing in their sins.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The institutional Roman Catholic Church has been functionally in eclipse since the close of Vatican Council II, i.e., 1965. Immediately thereafter, it began a course of self-demolition. I doubt there's been a legitimate Pope since Pius XII. Roman Catholic dogma teaches that any pope who's a formal heretic is, by that fact alone, not a true pope. It's pretty easy to identify the formal heresies of all the Roman Catholic "popes" since Pius XII.

IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

there are

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by eyeball

there are
Yep. They started emptying out immediately after Vatican II, which was its purpose.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Follow the money.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
My attendance has fallen by the wayside when the Latin Mass was abandoned....and we've had priests which I couldn't understand what they were saying!

Whatever happened to....Benediction and Irish priest??

Even birds know not to land downwind!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Good try... but yet you failed in your logic... Again, Christ said you are forgiven now go and sin no more.... If someone in the church was cheating on his wife or someone was selling drugs they should be confronted in the same manner and told to stop it. If they are struggling to stop, help them support them, if they just blatantly say no... they should leave... there is a difference between trying to not sin, recognizing it as sin and trying each day to do better... People will fail... we get that... but to say something is not a sin that is or to recognize something as a sin and continue to do it without trying to turn from it is wrong.

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by BarryC
[quote=Sako]
never had any respect for the catholic church after seeing some of the most ornate gold filled churches in south America and seeing the people around it living in such poor conditions and filth... they care about them selves... not the people.

Those were gifts FROM the people.

3 While he was in Bethany, reclining at the table in the home of Simon the Leper, a woman came with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, made of pure nard. She broke the jar and poured the perfume on his head.

4 Some of those present were saying indignantly to one another, �Why this waste of perfume? 5 It could have been sold for more than a year�s wages[a] and the money given to the poor.� And they rebuked her harshly.

6 �Leave her alone,� said Jesus. �Why are you bothering her? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 7 The poor you will always have with you,[b] and you can help them any time you want. But you will not always have me. 8 She did what she could. She poured perfume on my body beforehand to prepare for my burial. 9 Truly I tell you, wherever the gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.�
[/quote

OK... by this do you mean that if the women gave Jesus money he would have put it in his pocket? or do you think he would have wanted her to give it to the poor?

I find it hard to believe that the catholic church spent no money on those churches but spent money given to them by the poor and the people... This to say the catholic church should have used the money more wisely.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Good try... but yet you failed in your logic... Again, Christ said you are forgiven now go and sin no more.... If someone in the church was cheating on his wife or someone was selling drugs they should be confronted in the same manner and told to stop it. If they are struggling to stop, help them support them, if they just blatantly say no... they should leave... there is a difference between trying to not sin, recognizing it as sin and trying each day to do better... People will fail... we get that... but to say something is not a sin that is or to recognize something as a sin and continue to do it without trying to turn from it is wrong.
Bingo!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

OK... by this do you mean that if the women gave Jesus money he would have put it in his pocket? or do you think he would have wanted her to give it to the poor?

I find it hard to believe that the catholic church spent no money on those churches but spent money given to them by the poor and the people... This to say the catholic church should have used the money more wisely.

I'm saying that the poor you see were the very ones who built the church with money they collected and donated for that specific purpose.

I'm also saying Jesus said that spending money to glorify God is a legitimate use of funds. I think that is pretty plain from the passage.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The catholic Church has always been about money.... They think if they let them in and "accept their money - ugh I mean Them" that they will gain more members than they lose...

What do you expect from a group of people who put up with child molesters

This is as far as I've read this thread. Not sure if Sako is my twin or not, but I agree. I also like Sakos.

The church is losing members with all of the scandals, driven by Father McFeely and friends, so they need to find a new market to cater to. I have issue with personal lifestyles, religions, etc. Don't ask, don't tell if fine with me. It's just so obvious what they are doing here. The new pope is a marketing force for the church.

I went to catholic school for 8 years

True story: As a child, my wife's family had fallen on hard times. They had gone to church EVERY Sunday. When the priest came to bless the house, suburban Philly, her parents explained that with 5 children and no money, they just couldn't afford a donation. No donation, no blessing. Thanks Father McHypocrite.

Last edited by Joseywales; 10/14/14.

"Honey, when I die, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them."
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BarryC

I'm saying that the poor you see were the very ones who built the church with money they collected and donated for that specific purpose.

I'm also saying Jesus said that spending money to glorify God is a legitimate use of funds. I think that is pretty plain from the passage.
Absolutely. It was Judas Iscariot who seemed worried about "wasting" money on glorifying Jesus. It was Jesus who told him the poor will always be with us, while he would not always be among them in the flesh.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (7mm_Loco, 338Rules, 6MMWASP, 10gaugemag, 11 invisible), 1,449 guests, and 771 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,661
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.