Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I saw one lawsuit where I guy had dropped a running lawn mower on himself. He was holding the push mower about head high and pruning his hedges. The lawsuit stated that the instructions never stated to not use the lawnmower to prune with.

I'm pretty sure the instructions never read to not shave your junk with it or to shove the mower up your ass either.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bea175
Originally Posted by Scott F
I know a man who was serving on a carrier doing his mess cooking in the ship's laundry. A washing machine acted up while he was removing clean laundry and ripped off his left arm. The reattached it but it has never worked right.

his arm or the washing machine?

I know for a fact the arm was not attached right and had a twist. Not sure about the washing machine as that was in the 60's and the carrier is now scrap.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
It's not that people are that stupid, it's that so many are looking for a quick buck by suing for anything they can so the manufacturers protect themselves from these ambulance chasers by putting warnings everywhere. They know it's BS and nobody reads them, but it gives them legal plausible deniability that they warned about anything and everything that could possibly inflict damage from their product.

It's in the same vein as the "Wet Floor" sign that stays permanently posted at the door of most stores nowadays even though the floor isn't actually wet 98% of the time. When you leave the sign up all the time it becomes meaningless because it isn't actually warning you of current conditions, but they do it because if they don't have it up and some fool falls down they get sued for not having the sign up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

A house I bought had that in the garage. Guess the previous owner never thought running a wood screw through the strip case could be hazardous. It shocked me when I reach to turn on the strip. No harm done, other than being startled.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
All the warning labels mean two things. First, somebody with no sense at all tried and failed at whatever the label said not to do, and second, some lawyer profited from his mistake.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't know about washers and dryers being dangerous, but they are very complicated.
I am visiting with my Mom in 'bama, while baby sis and family are on vacation.
They have a new LG washer and dryer. Each has something like 37 different settings. None that say "regular laundry". I can't figure it out, so I'll just run down the street to the laundry matt. frown

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mixing concrete in the WM is a no no as well. Very hard on the gearbox.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Some years ago a guy in Boise, IIRC, killed himself with a water bed. He had moved to a new apartment and was setting it up. While it was filling from a hose, he way lying on the floor next to it reading. The frame collapsed and the mostly full mattress rolled off and covered him up. He suffocated.

It's easy to kill yourself with a washing machine if you're small enough to get in it and fill it over your head. You can also disconnect the wires at the back and stick them in the water while you're sitting in it. It makes a great hot tub.
You can beat yourself to death in a front loader if you have an assistant to turn it on after you get in.

Many years ago I had a cousin beat up a bit in a commercial drier in a laundromat. He and a friend were taking turns riding in it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If you have to read instructions..
you probably shouldn't be messing with it anyways. grin

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I do remember in college, went to the local laundramat every Sunday afternoon to do my laundry in the winter...it was empty, so I could study ( after goofing off the earlier part of the weekend)....

it started raining real hard while there and a bunch of local punks about 12 to 14 come running in to get out of the rain...they were watching out the window for it to let up.. and all of a sudden they are rocketing out the door.. couple minutes later they come back in....

studying, I didn't think much of it...looked up at them a few minutes later, they are watching the door of one of the dryers like it is a TV and laughing.....

I still didn't think much of it, until I hear the dryer thumping louder and louder, and they are laughing all the more....

so I finally get up to see what is so funny, and inside the dryer is some cat they evidently went out and caught in the parking lot...

I chased them out, and opened the door to the dryer.... the cat bails out and then just staggers across the floor and then collapses against one of the walls, rolling its head as dizzy as hell....

I had to give the little cretins credit, that was pretty darn funny......

and yeah Sam, the new worsher( washer) is an LG....has more options than the menu at a Chinese Restaurant...

IC B3

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG

My son thought it was funny, that the instructions and safety warnings were in English and French and not Espanol....

My son said that was probably because Mexicans don't buy new washers, and those that have one, probably stole it...

Seems Dad is rubbing off on him....

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Seafire

My son thought it was funny, that the instructions and safety warnings were in English and French and not Espanol....

My son said that was probably because Mexicans don't buy new washers, and those that have one, probably stole it...

Seems Dad is rubbing off on him....

Same reason instructions aren't written in ebonics. MoFo's gonna either pawn it or try to sell it for scrap metal..

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
ARE PEOPLE REALLY THAT STUPID???
Obama got re-elected, and you still have to ask this question. whistle

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If you have to read the instructions you probably don't have sense enough to read the instructions.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TRnCO

consider how much election fraud democrats pull?

well yeah, I have more belief in Democrat's pulling fraud...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
shocked

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bucktales
shocked

OMG! That was funny!!! Who knew there are so many extraneous parts on a Whirlpool? grin grin

LOL
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Next time you are around one of those shop towel machines that has the towels in a loop. Read the warnings. I worked in a shop that had one and the warning label stated " Do not stick head through loop, possible hanging" As has already been stated the only reason those warnings are there is because somebody did it and somebody profited from it. It would make a good coffee table book if someone would research all those warnings and give the back story on all of them.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by TRnCO

consider how much election fraud democrats pull?

well yeah, I have more belief in Democrat's pulling fraud...

Is there a warning that if you lock a neighbors kid inside and wash it that a lawyer will sue you?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bucktales
shocked

My partner has a couple black walnut trees. He wanted a way to get the husks off and clean them up. We went to an appliance store and got an old drier that would still spin ($20). We took the heat element out and removed the filter. I had to rig a 220v outlet for it outside. We set it on a pallet downwind of the house, dumped in 5 gal of nuts and turned it on.
It makes a glorious banging noise and shoots buckets of chaff out the vent but it sure does a nice job of cleaning up the nuts. It takes about 30 min to thoroughly clean 5 gal of nuts.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 65 invisible), 2,250 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,288
Posts18,486,906
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.