-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, have they declared the state of emergency yet?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
DocRocket
2) Conspiracy theorists accuse their own governments/authorities of deliberatley causing the epidemic.

even a few short years ago, I would have agreed. Now, with the track record of this administration with regards to doing America harm, I pretty much believe that the American government is complicit, with malicious intent, in allowing Ebola to come her to this Country.

They certainly are complicit in the Entervirus D68 epidemic spreading. You can trace each outbreak back to locations across the Country, where obama dropped off Central American children.

Sam......

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Did anyone mention that 3 Belton Tx schools are shut down
today to clean and disinfect? Two students were on the same
flight as the nurse.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead

WTF did she call the CDC if she didn't already have a concern?

PEOPLE are ultimately responsible for THEIR actions, not a person at the switchboard. Again, the INDIVIDUAL is ultimately responsible.

Sadly, there are not many like you are describing left in the country..............personal responsibility is a thing of the past for at least 50% of the population.

MM

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
A student at Yale might have it...

NEW HAVEN, Conn. � A Yale University student who recently traveled to Liberia is being evaluated for Ebola-like symptoms, according to a report from Connecticut's NBC affiliate.

Thomas Balcezak, chief medical officer for Yale-New Haven Hospital, said at a press conference Thursday that the patient was in "good condition" and remained in isolation at the facility.

NBC Connecticut reported that the patient was a researcher from Yale University, but hospital officials would not confirm that during the press conference, citing patient privacy concerns.

Balcezak said the patient had recently returned from Africa and had been monitoring their symptoms since their return. He said the patient contacted their primary physician as soon as they came down with a fever, and was quickly admitted for emergency care. Officials had not yet confirmed the patient had contracted Ebola, but a specimen was collected and sent to a testing facility in Massachusetts.

�We�re expecting that we should have the preliminary results to this test sometime in the next 24 hours,� Balcezak said.

New Haven Mayor Toni Harp told reporters that officials got news that the patient was exhibiting symptoms Wednesday evening.

�We hope this is not an Ebola case, and right now there is no reason to believe, but we are taking these precautions,� Harp said.

Richard D'Aquila, the hospital�s chief operating officer, said the facility was "well prepared to handle an event like this, adding that the facility had been preparing for dealing with Ebola cases �for weeks.�

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by temmi
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Down here in Texas the word is that there are at least four more nurses and a doctor who tended to Duncan who are now running fever.

Where dd you hear that

It it has not hit Houston yet

Snake

A friend of mine is rather high up in the administration of another hospital. That is the word going around. And with what we know about the way he was treated I see no reason to doubt her and figure it will end up being more than that in the end.

If word got out about this it might spark a bonna fide panic in the local population. Maybe that is why the word is not getting out.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by NeBassman
False Alarm..."Two People Tested Negative For Ebola at Midland Memorial Hospital"

http://www.newswest9.com/story/2679...e-for-ebola-at-midland-memorial-hospital

Very glad to hear it was a false alarm. I don't want it to spread anywhere near me, especially since my wife works in health care.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
OK. I've been a little busy to check in. I see that full scale panic has set in amongst the fear mongers.

First, Ebola is not airborne, and with a very high degree of probability it will never develop that capability and if it by some miracle does, it almost certainly will simultaneously become less lethal and less infectious. If you doubt this find one (single) other example of a virus becoming airborne and more lethal. The example doesn't exist.

Ebola IS highly infectious, make no mistake about that, and it's killing about half of those infected give or take some on any given day. The tissues it attacks do not lend them selves to producing airborne virus particles. The excreta does not lend itself to producing airborne particles within the viable lifetime of the virus particles. Probability greatly favors greatly reduced production of viral particles in tissues that enhance the airborne capability of the virus.

If you do get exposed, or have reason to suspect exposure...

Check into a motel. Have five gallons of bleach, disposable clothing, a five gallon bucket, a clothes storage size plastic bin, a thermometer, and a sheet of poly delivered outside the door. Quarantine yourself. Disinfect every thing you brought through the door with a 10% bleach solution and that includes every inch of your skin. If you make it two weeks without a fever you're almost certainly safe, and so is your family.

This is not going to get out of control here. The breakdowns of Dallas have been noted and duly committed to adjusted practice. What happened in Dallas was cavalier treatment by physicians who did not appreciate the opponent. A lot of them are [bleep] bricks now, and rightly so.

This would be an appropriate time to offer up a prayer or two for DocRocket. He's less than 1/4 of the way through what I consider one of the most important public health books ever written and at the same time one of the most brutal books ever written. He's in too far to back out, and he's got most of the mountain ahead yet. When he gets done, there's a lot of cogitating to do and then a reread and gathering of cites and references. He's on a manly mission and it'll take him a lot of time. He needs support. Warned he was before he began, but he's a man of courage and he took the job on.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
So, have they declared the state of emergency yet?

Nope, and they are not going to...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/eb...ainst-ebola-disaster-declaration-n227571

Officials in Dallas County on Thursday considered asking Gov. Rick Perry to issue a disaster declaration in response to Ebola, but decided that it would be unnecessary.

Instead of an emergency declaration � which could have freed up additional funds but would have restricted all citizens' movements � county execs said they would urge people who had some contact with Duncan to agree to monitor themselves, voluntarily restrict their travel and stay away from public places for 21 days.

�These are heroes. These aren't criminals, they aren't risks to the community," Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins said of the health workers who treated Duncan. "They don�t need to feel like they are others that we need to declare martial law on."

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just for the record I double checked what "ebola like symptoms" are:

Nausea and vomiting
Diarrhea, may be bloody
Red eyes
Stomach pain
Bleeding and bruising

Shoot, sounds like me after any good night out at the bars...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I posted it on another thread but I will post it here also.I question my daughter pretty much everyday.She works in the hospital complex.I got a little upset and mentioned how the hospital messed up.She jumped back at me saying how CDC had been calling the shots from day one.The hospital just followed orders.I didnt know it worked like that.It seems that most people that work there are really put off with CDC.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by chapped_lips
20 days til Election Day.

Will obama order a suspension if the outbreaks continue and/or spread?

Keep in mind that medical policy and regulations are vested in the states; the Federal agencies only act as monitors. In this case, Texas was responsible for regulating the hospital and its operations, not the CDC; although the CDC certainly did not cover itself with glory.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1936M71, 1badf350, 1234, 10Glocks, 21, 1minute, 57 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,436
Posts18,489,374
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.