Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
The Clorox website has instructions on how to properly purify water with clorox bleach.

https://www.clorox.com/dr-laundry/disaster-preparedness-purifying-water/

A bottle of Clorox should be part of every good disaster preparedness kit.

I keep smaller bottles of clorox in my tornado BOB, fire BOB, riot BOB, national insurrection BOB, and especially the zombie apocalypse BOB.

Good info there. I did not know the recommendation is to use bleach that was purchased in the last 4 months. I didn't know it had such a short shelf life.

Bob

I met a French guy the other day. I asked him "Do you speak German?" He said "No." I said "You're welcome!"
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by UtahLefty
you guys know there's a vaccine for this, right? wink

Over the years, I've had three pups come down with parvo. (Yes they were all vaccinated) two died & the last one survived because I took him to the vet & had him hooked up to an IV & was given meds. It was expensive & the vet only gave him a 50/50 chance at surviving.

Since this topic came up, I've been looking through different websites & my take on it is that for the people who've tried the bleach method, it works, at a much higher rate than 50/50 and also much quicker ...One breeder that stood out (in my mind) used a mix of 1 teaspoon per 8 oz. of water. I'm all for vaccinations, but if that chit gets past that, I'll be trying the bleach treatment...parvo is nasty chit...kind of like ebola for dogs.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've told two vets -NOT SMALL ANIMAL DOCTORS [there's a big difference] - and both said the same thing:
What, exactly, is the difference? Here in Idaho you can't doctor small animals (for a fee) unless you're a licensed vet.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by UtahLefty
you guys know there's a vaccine for this, right? wink

Yeah, right, and give my dog Autism.... No thanks crazy

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A Vet who's practice consists primarily of treating farm animals learns that cost effectiveness is always a consideration. They generally don't establish themselves in cities.

A Vet who's practice is mostly with pets learns real quick that the animal don't write the check, so he's more "empathetic" than "pragmatic". And he can locate anywhere.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Quick solution to your remedies.... "Try it on Yourself First"!

Geezus freakin crist!

Phil

Only a son of a bitch is at risk for Parvo so I can't try it on myself.

You, on the other hand, strike me as one at risk. Give the bleach a try when you catch it.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Snyper
But there is no money in that solution either for the Vets., or big Pharma. so why would they accept it!!! Just saying. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by curdog4570
A Vet who's practice consists primarily of treating farm animals learns that cost effectiveness is always a consideration. They generally don't establish themselves in cities.

A Vet who's practice is mostly with pets learns real quick that the animal don't write the check, so he's more "empathetic" than "pragmatic". And he can locate anywhere.

I think thats a fairly valid observation..Difference really comes down to how (generally) farmers and pet owners view the their animals..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hey we should try this bleach method on unruly nursing home patients. Those that keep shtting the bed, dose em up purex, hell but 20 Mule Team in their grits too. Hey we seen it on the innanet.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Quick solution to your remedies.... "Try it on Yourself First"!

Geezus freakin crist!

Phil

Only a son of a bitch is at risk for Parvo so I can't try it on myself.

You, on the other hand, strike me as one at risk. Give the bleach a try when you catch it.

I think you said a cup per half gallon, right?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Since when is bleach a "poison" ?

Don't answer that, please.

Just go away.

LOL
Read the label and get back to us

Last edited by Snyper; 10/17/14.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by Snyper
But we didn't have idiots with no manners who claimed a man hadn't seen what he saw, or do what he did.

You did it, you saw it , but you misinterpreted the results

The Vets both told you:

I've told two vets -NOT SMALL ANIMAL DOCTORS [there's a big difference] - and both said the same thing:

They would never recommend it

If they REALLY believed it would work, they'd tell the whole world.

You sir, are a liar. You misquoted the OP by leaving out those same vets said they would use the cure if it was their dog. Anyone with a functioning brain would easily understand why they would not professionally recommend it without reservation to their entire practice, though I'm sure there are patients with whom they would share it, with caveats.

Why are you always so rude, contrary, and mean-spirited? I pity anyone whose posts always display how much their life must suck. Learn to get along or move along.

I didn't "misquote" him, since what I posted is what he said

As to "rude, contrary, mean spirited", I haven't called anyone names or hurled any insults, as the OP has

Why aren't you nagging at him too?

I pointed out that three puppies doesn't prove what the OP is claiming

Learn to get along or move along

LOL
No thank you

(Is that polite enough for you?)

If not, I don't much care, since you're not forced to read anything I post, and I have no obligation to please you

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by northcountry
Snyper
But there is no money in that solution either for the Vets., or big Pharma. so why would they accept it!!! Just saying. Cheers NC

Sure there is, since they can mix the formula, sell it, and don't have to tell anyone the ingredients.

In the end it all comes back to the fact that drinking Cloroz has never been proven to kill Parvo

Even when used to disinfect surfaces it has to soak for 10 minutes

Last edited by Snyper; 10/17/14.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is no doubt it works. I treat many hog dogs, deer dogs, cattle, horses and etc in our area free of charge for those who know me and can't afford a vets lunatic costs these days... Cuts, tears, eyes, broken bones viruses etc.. I firmly agree with Curdog the bleach treatment works.. Note ..use one tablespoon in 8 oz of distilled water with a large dropper to force through esophagus, 15 minutes, one table spoon of Pepto to follow..

on another note.. Pepto Bismo is much better for H Pylori than the full trifacto of antibiotics given for such cases..

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I firmly agree with Curdog the bleach treatment works..

I was just reading on another forum where several people "firmly agreed" you can cure Ebola by taking Vitamin C, and the reason the Dr's didn't tell anyone is because the Govt wants to reduce the world population

I have equal faith in their beliefs

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I recall when my MIL had undergone breast cancer surgery in a San Francisco hospital in 1984 she became infected with the bacteria Serratia marcescens (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21976608). The bacteria once thought benign was used by the U.S. Navy in bacteriological warfare agent dispersal testing. The test was titled Operation Sea Spray involving bursting balloons containing Serratia marcescens over the San Francisco Bay Area on September 26 and 27 1950. By September 29 the bacteria began causing severe urinary tract infections of hospitalized patients in the test area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serratia_marcescens The pertinent information is toward the bottom of the article.

Quoting the article: "Since 1950, S. marcescens has steadily increased as a cause of human infection, with many strains resistant to multiple antibiotics.[1] The first indications of problems with the influenza vaccine produced by Chiron Corporation in 2004 involved S. marcescens contamination."

This is the bacteria my MIL contracted during surgery. By 1985 S. marcescens had destroyed her bladder which was removed. She was sent home with an urostomy, and a supply of antibiotics I had to mix and inject twice daily. When her incision did not heal in the presence of the bacteria, the superficial sutures were removed and my wife had to pack the open incision with gauze strips saturated with a dilute sodium hypochlorite solution provided by the pharmacy. This caused the bedroom to have the aroma of a laundry. So we know that sodium hypochlorite is a medically approved treatment for some conditions.

If you live in a area with municipal water treatment, you are drinking either chloramines (http://water.epa.gov/lawsregs/rulesregs/sdwa/mdbp/chloramines_index.cfm) or chlorine, either from injection of chlorine gas or a dilute solution of sodium hypochlorite into the finished water. I operated a water plant that used sodium hypochlorite at a dose that would maintain a residual of 0.5 ppm after 30 minutes of contact time (set by automated on-line analyzer). So every time you drink the water you are drinking dilute bleach. I also installed an ultraviolet light sanitation unit that killed chlorine resistant organisms and their oocysts by scrambling their DNA so they couldn't reproduce. While some use ozone (such as bottled water producers) for water disinfection, ozone is a reactive gas and breaks down within about 20-30 minutes leaving no residual. Chlorine or chloramine is mandated in a municipal system to provide a measurable residual throughout the distribution system as confirmation that the system remains disinfected. Chlorine is good for more that bleaching your shorts.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Snyper
I firmly agree with Curdog the bleach treatment works..

I was just reading on another forum where several people "firmly agreed" you can cure Ebola by taking Vitamin C,

I'd try bleach first...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
An old family friend who passed away in 1988 was a WWII (Pacific Theater) war vet. He used to tell me about the water tanks provided for them in the field, and that no one wanted to be at the end of the line because by then you were filling your canteen with the dregs, which meant it had a high concentration of chlorine. He said it was so strong that he could hardly drink it. I wonder what the concentration was in those tanks, particularly as it got to the last of it.

PS I never understood why the highest concentrations would be with the last of the water, but that's what he said.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
PS I never understood why the highest concentrations would be with the last of the water, but that's what he said.

They probably used tablets that slowly dissolved so that the last water to be drawn would be more highly concentrated.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by McInnis

They probably used tablets that slowly dissolved so that the last water to be drawn would be more highly concentrated.
Makes sense. I could see why being last in line would be a bad thing, in that case. Must have tasted pretty bad. He didn't report getting sick from it, though.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

126 members (2500HD, 2UP, 405winash, 10Glocks, 35, 1OntarioJim, 9 invisible), 1,592 guests, and 898 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,495
Posts18,472,121
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.