Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
AC/DC, 1985, Greensboro NC. Angus in full form, dead center against the barricade for me. I ve seen them 5 times since, while all good, they never matched that energy again.
Stevie Ray Vaughn, 1986, Raleigh NC. The height of his wild living and performing, we talked with people that were following the band through the southeast swing of the tour after the show, and they all agreed that this was by far the best the band had played and the longest they played for one show.
Reverend Horton Heat,2013, Green Bay Wi. Wildly talented guitar picker, great band, great songs, I can't say enough how much I enjoy the Rev's shows

More notable to me are shows that I missed
AC/DC with Bon
Ronnie James Dio version of Black Sabbath
Metallica w/Cliff
Waylon was through here in the early 80's and I had a game...

I've been to many, many shows and some were pretty good, some not-so-much, but these stood out to me

1/504 PIR
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MColeman
Never been to a concert of any kind in my entire life. Not even country music. For some reason I don't feel deprived. smile

Now that's what I expected to hear from Manlikker, along with some statement about hippies and dope.... wink

1) Alison Krauss & Union Station - 2002

2) Eric Clapton - 1998

3) Metallica - 1998

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Zep in '73 Black Sabbath in '74
Foreigner/ Queen / Jethro Tull late '70's
David Lee Roth in '88.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Missed the Free, Deep Purple, Manfred Mann triple in '72. Sold Out.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
ACDC-late 70's with Bon Scott touring with unknown Cheap Trick. Saw them twice with Bon Scott, once without-not the same.
Boston-late 70's
Had tik's for Lynrd Skynrd[postponed and then....]
Early 80's ZZTOP, Grand Funk Railroad, Rush

1990-Alan Jackson & Clint Black

Ricky Skaggs at a private show at Grand Ol Opry with Ry Cooder July 2014

FJB & FJT
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Early 80's

Crystal Gayle, hands down.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Been to a few over the years, but the most memorable was the first. Back in '72 the Canadian group "Bread" was playing and they performed well. It would have been better if their warm-up band hadn't brought down the house ... some new upstart group called Aerosmith.

Dave
Sticks and stones may break my bones ... but hollow-points expand on impact.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've seen - Brooks and Dunn, Joe Diffie, Garth Brooks (before he went weird), Lita Ford, The Architects (from KC not the UK), Frank Turner and Flogging Molly. (not counting local bands from GB)

Best concert was Flogging Molly hands down. Frank Turner and The Architects opened for them and my best friend and I were front row, center. The energy was amazing and the show blew everyone away - including Garth.

I'd not go see GB again for free but I'd pay a good price to see FM again.

Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Johnny Cash, Hank Locklin, Chuck Berry, Larry Williams, and Jerry Lee were in Flint at the old I.M.A. Auditorium. Chuck Berry, Larry Williams, and Jerry Lee preformed at the same concert.For all you old timers Larry Williams claim to fame was the song "Boney Maroni".
John Denver and Santana were in Detroit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
These are my top 4 favorite concerts that I attended in the early 80's and #5 was my last concert in 2000.

#1 - Scorpions
#2 - Van Halen
#3 - Iron Maiden
#4 - Foreigner
#5 - BB King

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hmmm interesting question, got to see quite a few good ones while living in Chicago and particularly when I worked for Warner Elektra Atlantic.

Pink Floyd at Soldier Field will always stand out, excellent show with excellent music

Led Zeppelin was good

The Tubes, but that was more for what happened after the concert than the actual concert

two surprises, watching Muddy Waters on Rush St. and having Mick Jagger and Keith Richards get up on stage with him to do a few numbers

the other was going to see Lou Reed and the opening band Ian Dury and the Blockheads flat azz stole the show, incredible

so many good ones, Leon Russel, Ted Nugent, BOA, Peter Frampton, even Tom Waites was really good

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Garth Brooks in the late 90's. I wasn't even a country fan. That guy could put on a show.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fleetwood Mac - forget the date but it was at the University of Md.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The Oak Ridge Boys - great music and the ability to make the audience feel like they were part of the show.

Andres Segovia - I know, he doesn't fit most of the genre mentioned here but undisputedly was the worlds greatest classical guitarist. I was lucky enough to have a seat third row center and the sounds he could get from a guitar was amazing.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Fleetwood Mac, UNI Dome, Cedar Falls, Ia. Circa 1980

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In the 90's (can't remember which year) I took my mom to see Ray Charles. He was backed up by the Sacramento Symphony conduced by David Ogden Stiers (Maj. Charles Winchester). That was a HELL of a show, and Ray Charles was quite predictably brilliant.

Late '90's I saw The Steve Miller Band at Arco Arena in Sacramento on a New Years Eve. 3.5 hour show and Norton Buffalo was with them; they played everything.

Also in the '90's saw Styx, Bad Company, and Billy Squier all at one concert; got my money's worth at that show.

RUSH - 2012 Clockwork Angels tour, in Dallas. This was the concert they made the video at; hell of a show. Neil Peart did not one, but 3 drum solo's, each were different, and each were mind blowing.

1982 - The opening concert of Journey's "Escape" tour, with Loverboy.

Early 90's saw Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. I was never much of a fan, but I'd go to another Tom Petty concert in a New York Minute. That guy knows how to put on a show.

And just this past Cinco-de-Mayo, caught Sammy Hagar in Lake Tahoe. 67 years old and that guy didn't pull or miss a single note; great show, I'd recommend it to anyone.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rolling Stones in West Berlin, 1973 by a nose. They put on one hell of a show.

Close second was Jethro Tull, also in W. Berlin.

Hard to choose a third place, so many great performances by bands big and small. One of the most enjoyable was a concert by BR-549, a bar band out of Nashville. It was in the Egyptian Theater in Boise which is a terrific venue for concerts. It's an old, old restored movie palace with great acoustics and since it's small as concert halls go there are no bad seats anywhere.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Haven't seen one.....and I've been to more than I can count working security for years

After meet and greet with 90% of the bands I changed from a fan to a person shaking my head and saying what an azz as I walked away

Not all but many

The new up and coming stars without the big head syndrome are great to deal with

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Didn't go to a lot of them as a youngster. In the last 15 years, Bob Seger, Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood, Heart, Pat Benatar, Bad Company, the rest were at Sturgis and escape me right now. Saw Waylon in about 1985. Outstanding. At the Buffalo Bill Arena in North Platte, Saw Blake Shelton, wasn't too impressed. Brad Paisley was good though.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (Anaconda, 35, 406_SBC, 1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 41rem, 10 invisible), 1,798 guests, and 916 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,495
Posts18,472,117
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.