Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Willie Nelson. Stoned SOB couldn't keep in time with his band, to save his ass! Couldn't remember half the words to his own damn songs.

He might have been a genius song writer early in his career, but his signing and musical skills, performance, ect, REALLY Sucked!

Also saw Conway Tweety when I was a kid with my Parents in the late 1960's.
He was drunk off his ass and got into a fist fight with his fellow Band members. He was a regular AssWipe.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Todd Rundgren about 20 years ago on his "Tiki Lounge" tour. He rewrote all the music for his hits so that they had a Hawaiian sound. He'd start playing a song and 20 seconds later you'd recognize the lyrics but not the music.

Last edited by UPhiker; 10/18/14.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EricM
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Ozzy Osbourne, he just stood there like a zombie the whole time, I'm not sure he even moved a step the whole concert.

What tour was that?
was this pre-water bucket era shows?

LOL

I have been to some great ozzy shows, backstage with him before. Dude wears about 10lbs of gold jewelry at his meet and greets.

The buckets of water supposedly mask that he was peeing his undies while performing

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jerry Jeff Walker--twice! Seems like a nice guy to maybe have a drink with, but very bland on stage.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Went to a Robert Plant show about 1996 I think. Damn that was a disappointment. He just squawked, screeched and whined.

Another crapper was a washed up Queensryche. Good thing the tickets were free for both shows. sticky-icky made it tolerable, would've left but could'nt find the exit for 2 hours. Their opening band sucked so bad I dont even remember their name.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Walked out halfway through a Night Ranger concert at Park West in Utah in about 1986. They SUCKED!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I went to an Alice in Chains show in Milwaukee back in the early 90's. Layne Staley was so high on heroin, he laid onstage in the fetal position the entire show, then was helped off stage at the end. Never missed a note and sounded phenomenal though. Sound wise they actually blew Van Hagar away that night.

Eat moose, burn spruce
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EdM
Bob Marley's last in the Bay Area. Had nothing to do with his performance though.
Okay, I'll bite. What's the backstory?

Eric

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The Rolling Stones at the Houston Astrodome.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Led Zeppelin at the Chicago amphitheater late 1970's. Acoustics so bad you could barely understand what they were playing.

Saw Santana at the same place 2 months later and it sounded like you were in the studio.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Aerosmith in the late 70's.
Bad acoustics,too loud and distorted. Large venue sound system in a medium size venue.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I accidentally attended part of a Little Richard "concert" in a club in Vinton Louisiana - didn't know he was going to be there, and had driven 40 miles to drink and dance. After listening to him screech at his band and the crowd for longer than I should have, found another place to drink that night. Also accidentally caught the TSU Tornados in the same venue around the same time, and they wee great, so you win some, you lose some - and some just get rained out.

Saw Willie Nelson at Gilley's once. He was late, stoned, and sang his ass off! They had to close the place down to get him to stop playing at the end of the night.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Willie Nelson. Stoned SOB couldn't keep in time with his band, to save his ass! Couldn't remember half the words to his own damn songs.

I saw the Houston Astros play their last game in the Astrodome. It was followed by a Willie Nelson concert, and yeah, he was stoned. I still remember him singing "Mama don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies...".

pak Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Neil Diamond, Spokane '72 or '73.

'Often mistaken, never in doubt'

'Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge' Darwin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have never attended but two concerts in my life - Both were in Pittsburgh ,one Perry Como and the other John Denver. They were both better than marvelous. Can't even say which one I liked best as neither one was long enough and it so happened on both concerts they both stayed big overtime because everyone was enjoying it so.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Walked out halfway through a Night Ranger concert at Park West in Utah in about 1986. They SUCKED!

That Night Ranger tour was my very first concert I ever attended. You're right. They did SUCK!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Tom T. Hall, in Kenai, Alaska, shortly after he came out with "Watermelon Wine". It was the only song he performed well all night- the rest were just tired, lackluster mumblings. He was drunk.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Lslite
The Rolling Stones at the Houston Astrodome.

You couldn't pay me to go see the Stones! Never understood why everyone thinks they are such a great band. Personally can't stand that ugly fugger Mick Jagger!

And that SuperBowl Half Time show they did several years ago really sucked!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife tells me the worst she saw was J. Geils, but it was without Peter Wolf.

Of the bands I generally like, the worst concert I ever saw was the Grateful Dead. Seemed like they jammed endlessly and pointlessly. They bored me.

Then there's always the times you somehow get stuck watching musicians you despise.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Grateful dead in 1993 at cal expo in sacramento. I'm assuming jerry was loaded on booze and some sort of opiate....... It was messy and he seemed out of it. I got a bad vibe and left. I partied in the parking lot for the rest of the night. I had a great time in the parking lot!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,394 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,271
Posts18,486,613
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.