Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Hey 458 Lott,
Costco has the Season brand on sale with $2.50 instant rebate for $6.09/5 pack.

Ended up going a little overboard, spending $452. But, when I see the good stuff on sale, I buy it!

They also had a new cheese they brought in a little while back. It's Kirkland brand and it's Asiago. It's called "Lake Country". I like it a lot. Got a nice flavor with plenty of bite. I bought it a couple weeks ago and have enjoyed it. Nice thing is, it's not expensive. Like $5-6/lb.

Try a smidge of Asiago on one of these multigrain crackers (They're gluten free, BTW) with some sardines, a little hot sauce or pepper jelly, and throw back a few of these Kalamatas when your mouth starts to barely get less than full. Heaven.

[Linked Image]

teaser

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I love a bowl of rice with sardines on top, lot's of fresh ground pepper!

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by eh76
Hey 458 Lott,
Costco has the Season brand on sale with $2.50 instant rebate for $6.09/5 pack.

Ended up going a little overboard, spending $452. But, when I see the good stuff on sale, I buy it!

They also had a new cheese they brought in a little while back. It's Kirkland brand and it's Asiago. It's called "Lake Country". I like it a lot. Got a nice flavor with plenty of bite. I bought it a couple weeks ago and have enjoyed it. Nice thing is, it's not expensive. Like $5-6/lb.

Try a smidge of Asiago on one of these multigrain crackers (They're gluten free, BTW) with some sardines, a little hot sauce or pepper jelly, and throw back a few of these Kalamatas when your mouth starts to barely get less than full. Heaven.

[Linked Image]

teaser

and enabler smile

Forgot to mention:

They also had the Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee on sale for $3 off. I think it ended up around $9-10 for a 2 lb. bag. Good stuff, if you can get it.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No costco in this state

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Damn, sorry. But, I wish I was North of Liberalism, like you are.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I come from a long lineage of people that ate stuff brined, corned, pickled, smoked and canned in juices...

I've never thought much or cared what name was inked on the can; sardines, Spam, Treet, Vienna sausages and herring was just eaten, period. Some times the taste may have been in the brand, production lot or whatever.

The gay gene and compasses rotating a 180 has never infested any of my family, for some reason.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damn, sorry. But, I wish I was North of Liberalism, like you are.

I've been as far North as you can get in the US, and it's still not far enough North to avoid liberalism.

Thanks for the heads up on the Costco sale, I need to make a Costco run and will load up on sardines. Yeah, they have great cheese and coffee as noted.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I've always been grossed out by sardines. We always used them for coon bait and I never considered them fit for human consumption.

After reading this thread I figured I'd give the Kipper Snacks a try just for the heck of it. I got a can of Brunswick Kippered Snacks and was pleasantly surprised. They were delicious. Better than plain tuna in my opinion. There will be a good supply of kipper snacks in my pantry from now on.

Today I got a can of Brunswick Sardines in soybean oil and hot peppers to try now that my courage is up. They get a big 'meh' from me. I could eat them but I had to have some hot sauce and crackers to go with them. Think I'll stick to the boneless herring.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by justin10mm
I could eat them but I had to have some hot sauce and crackers to go with them.

That's the way you're supposed to eat em knucklehead. wink

Get some of those Oscars packed in EVO, slather em with Franks, Saltines and a cold beer, and you're in "Hunters Heaven" grin .

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
My favorite is: pumpernickel or rye bread with sardines in tomato sauce with slices of a Walla Walla sweet onion and a good beer.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
http://content.costco.com/Images/Content/Product/170654b.jpg

These are on sale again for $2.50 off a package!

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

102 members (6mmbrfan, 3333vl, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 673, 15 invisible), 1,751 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,897
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.