Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by irfubar
And how many millions did each patient cost the healthcare system?
If they did stop it the cost would be worth it. If not how much can our system afford?

Would have been a bit cheaper just to take measures to keep it out of country to begin with. wink

Looking at ho much Homeland security is costing us and how little they have accomplished, I am very certain we do not want to start trying to accomplish what no other nation on earth has ever accomplished and hand over the money that will cost.

Quarantine will work and we can get that done for pennies by comparison. Quarantine without helping the countries involved to put out the fire cannot work and will eventually get real expensive.

GB1

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by DeereJohn
I figure with this being something that takes a few days for people to start showing symptoms from that if it was ever used as a weapon the terriorist wouldn't do anything like a suicide belt.They would try to get as many people infected before panic sat in.They would probaly hit buffet style resturants in major cities .
I think you need to read up on viruses and biological weapons in general. In the history of virology, no virus has ever mutated from bloodborne to airborne, either by natural mutation or man made mutation. Because it can be contracted from someone sneezing on you, does not make it airborne, not even close.

Not only that, both chemical and biological weapons are VERY difficult to manufacture in a way that they can be distributed as a weapon. This is why we haven't seen large use of chemical or biological weapons, very few nations have the expertise to actually weaponize an toxin.

It's just not an easy thing to do. Building nukes is FAR easier than making truly effective bio weapons.
I stated that It's NOT airborn,but can live a long time outside the body.It could be smuggled in liquid form,and used to contaminate food either in a restaurant,or produce section of the grocery store..It dosn't take the expertise you think.Have you ever heard of a pox blanket,or the method of catipulting diseased corpses into a castle under seize?.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MILES58
If they did stop it the cost would be worth it. If not how much can our system afford?

Would have been a bit cheaper just to take measures to keep it out of country to begin with. wink

Looking at ho much Homeland security is costing us and how little they have accomplished, I am very certain we do not want to start trying to accomplish what no other nation on earth has ever accomplished and hand over the money that will cost.

Quarantine will work and we can get that done for pennies by comparison. Quarantine without helping the countries involved to put out the fire cannot work and will eventually get real expensive.

Comparing homeland security cost to the cost the one african ebola patient cost isn't valid.

Homeland security is government funded.
The Expense for this ebola case and future cases we be on the hospital and the various citizens put in quarantine and every other citizen through raised insurance premiums ec...

What do you think the cost was to the airline the infected nurse flew on?
How about the apartment complex owner, were the african stayed with family?

How about the government fulfills one of it's primary responsibilities of protecting it's citizens?

A travel ban would have and will prevent much of this.

Business in the U.S. are under enough pressure with tax's, poor economy etc...
This is the last thing they need.

Imagine thousand's of potential ebola cases, or maybe just flu cases, that are treated as ebola until they find out what they are dealing with.
All this is no problem to the liberals, after all we are the richest country in the world! crazy the lib's will be the end of us at this rate.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by MILES58

Comparing homeland security cost to the cost the one african ebola patient cost isn't valid.

The context of what I said was in the comparison of erecting a barrier at the borders to a disease.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
anyone who understood anything about the US could mess this place up, totally, in a month, with just a dozen men doing what they were taught to do, with each one acting by himself. Nobody would know who they were, what they looked like, much less where they were or be able to stop it.

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

The Expense for this ebola case and future cases we be on the hospital and the various citizens put in quarantine and every other citizen through raised insurance premiums ec...

How about the government fulfills one of it's primary responsibilities of protecting it's citizens?

you talk about 'government funded' as though it does not come from 'various citizens'

but most amusing is the cry from supposed conservitives for .gov to exercise more control/restrictions in order to 'protect it's citizens'. I suppose North Korea would be a model here

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
If we knew how many dollars that Bastid really ended up costing us, we would probably have something for real 'hysteria'. Libs, not so much. They are smart and know we can just turn on the printing presses.

Last edited by eyeball; 10/22/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by toad

you talk about 'government funded' as though it does not come from the 'various citizens'

but most amusing is the cry from supposed conservitives for .gov to exercise more control/restrictions in order to 'protect it's citizens'. I suppose North Korea would be a model here

You surely understand that individuals bearing the financial burden is more damaging than the government?

Hell the government spent 360k teaching mountain lions to use a
treadmill!
Controlling our borders is far different than controlling it's
citizens!

With your flawed logic and others like you, no wonder this country is in so much trouble

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
one more time, where do you think the .gov's money comes from?

and just who is getting hit by travel restrictions? Citizens maybe?

just wow...

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I figure travel restrictions are helping them.

Stupidity, as you prove, knows no borders.

Last edited by eyeball; 10/22/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
the classic liberty vs. security thing...

Kim Jong-un must be your hero

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
one more time, where do you think the .gov's money comes from?

and just who is getting hit by travel restrictions? Citizens maybe?

just wow...

Toad,
Of course the government money comes from the productive people of this country!
The travel restrictions can be targeted towards people with visa's from ebola infected countries.
Try and keep up, ok?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Again because you seem to have a problem keeping up, controlling the borders is different than controlling the citizens, key word being citizens! get it?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Again because you seem to have a problem keeping up, controlling the borders is different than controlling the citizens, key word being citizens! get it?

It goes over his head.

The fact that national security is one of the few duties the federal government actually does have is irrelevant.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
yep, there's a bug out there. cry 'National Security'. laffin' here... what about U.S. citizens returning from Africa? they will not be 'restricted'?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yep, there's a bug out there. cry 'National Security'. laffin' here...

So you must be for open borders?
I suspect we have flushed out another campfire liberal?
Let me guess you get a check from the government?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
the only .gov money I've had was earned fighting wildland fires, and I've never voted democrat in my life.

but, by now I suppose you are used to guessing wrong....

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
once again, if the government is screwing up everything it touches, don't expect it to manage a travel ban very well.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
once again, if the government is screwing up everything it touches, don't expect it to manage a travel ban very well.

Yep they screwed that up along with almost everything else.
It's their responsibility though.

So lets elect a competent government.
If the gov. doesn't enforce borders, who does?

Because they are unable to do their job, what do we do?
Let illegal immigrants in? Let people from Sierra leone,Liberia etc.. who may have an infectious disease in?

Would you invite them in your home?
Your logic and Toads logic confuses me? crazy

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
there you go guessing again. I said nothing about letting illegal immigrants in.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (2500HD, 1minute, 007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,568 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,559
Posts18,473,130
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.