Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by pira114
Originally Posted by BigChief870
Working as an LEO in a state that falls in the 9th circuit, I would not have been able to use my taser in this manner given what I saw in the video. The 9th circuit has ruled that a taser can not be used as a means to gain compliance for anything less than aggressive behavior. I could have used OC, but not the taser. And this is based solely on what I saw in that clip of the video.

Reaching into the backpack coupled with a refusal to exit the vehicle would have been enough. Legally speaking. Don't know about your dept policy
It appears the cop asked him to produce ID. It was in response to that request that he searched for same in his backpack. At which point, it appears, the cop pointed a loaded firearm at him and his family. It appears also that at this point he was asked to exit. Fearing violence, the passengers requested a supervisor. Then the video starts.

Very smart move by the officer. Tell the perp to move and as everyone knows all civilians are threats to officers so the second the guy moves he is fair game for use of force, just like we will soon see with the SC trooper who shot the seat belt violator.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wbyfan1
This guy would've faired much better had he just watched this..
Chris Rock's-"How not to get you ass kicked by the police"

http://youtu.be/QR465HoCWFQ?t=1m50s

Even better, Oklahoma Hwy Patrol Captain George Brown on how to not get raped by a police officer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DYNdqwx3LU

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 1Longbow, 204guy, 257Bob, 25classic, 59 invisible), 2,680 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,296
Posts18,487,032
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.