Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
and your life is a constant contest to see if you can be the biggest useless douche bag on the planet...

you are progressing quite nicely....I think you'll reach your goals...

oh and I see in the thread on the Blue Angels, that you have roots in San Fran, or "The City" as you called it...

you having ties to Frisco... well that certainly filled in the blanks...thanks for that brief glimpse into your life...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can see it's the estrogen that grew your tits.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So you are from Frisco....

its Sunday morning and you are dwelling on thoughts on estrogen and guys 'tits'....

as I said, that fact you being from Frisco, filled in the blanks..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
at least you're proud of your girls, and not hiding the fact.

i'll give you credit for that.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Never mentioned my daughters Brucey....

you going pervert on us on top of it all?

I'd tell ya to get psychological help.. but that would end the floor show...

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Those Ted Williams shotguns and shells were way cool to gaulk at as a young lad....I actually have a box of some TW's 410 paper shells.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I quit Sears 30 years or so ago when I had some work done on a Kenmore refrigerator. Called the service dept. gave them the model and serial #, told them exactly what was wrong and scheduled a service call. The guy shows up, checks out the fridge, and tells me he's got to go back to the shop to get that part, doesn't carry it on the truck. I said I'd given them all the information and what he would need so he should have had it with him. Didn't miss a beat, just said we don't carry that one on the truck and made the 15 mile trip back to the store for the part. Got charged two 30 mile round trips when they knew beforehand what they needed. I found out several people in our small town had had the same treatment.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by K1500
I miss Woolworth as well.

I miss Shakeys Pizza and Schlitz draft dark beer!!

I miss Quaaludes and Peote,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, uhhhhh,,,,,,,wait....
Sorry, I was channeling Bristoe.

What I really miss is my hair.

Funny stuff, right there!

Americans First!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Around here Sears heavily caters to the illegals. Last time I was in there the sales clerk asked an obviously illegal couple if they wanted a credit card - 4 different times while I was waiting in line. While I was paying I asked how they expected to collect on credit card debt if they extend credit to illegals. She said she understood what I was talking about, but was pressured by management to do so.

I have not been back.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
they tried to provided quality products at high prices and were competing with stores selling inferior products at low prices. they then switched to inferior products and didn't match the walmart prices. people figured it out and left them in droves. i'm one of them. i will never buy anything from sears again after being burned quite a few times. they just need to go out of business.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They stopped carrying sporting goods and outdoor equipment. They farmed out their formerly fantastic brand (Craftsman, formerly made in the US) to China to have it made like crap, cheaply. When those two things happened, the writing was on the wall and it was only a matter of time.

Add in other retailers in the market for their remaining wares (Target, Wal-Mart) are considerably less expensive and have a wider variety of goods. When you have less variety, higher prices, and don't have a remaining name brand reputation to hold out against your competitors, you're dead in the free market.

Last edited by 4ager; 10/26/14.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sears was never my "go to" as I grew up in a city.
Twenty years ago I bought a house and moved to the suburbs. I liked Craftsman tools and Kenmore appliances.
Years ago I needed a battery and asked one of the slick foreigner sales guys for one. He said, "I'll get one" and ran off somewhere. Only problem was I didn't show him the battery I had brought in. I still don't know where he was going.
Craftsman isn't Craftsmen any longer.
I don't shop at Sears anymore.

Last edited by brilite; 10/26/14.

Americans First!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My old man started at Sears in 1960, the year I was born. He worked for them for 38 years and had the record for ever as the longest time as an employee in N.TX
He retired in 1998, when they cut his vacation from 10 weeks to 4 weeks, because he always used his Vacation time for planting & harvesting cotton.

IMO, they have gone steadily down hill for the last 25 years. They got rid of all the Guns, ammo, Camping, Fishing, and their appliance were downgraded to cheap crap. Now their Craftsman Tools are even made in China. They aligned themselves with K-Mart and couldn't keep up with Wally World. It won't bother me in the least to see them go under. Good Riddance, I say!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For me the day Sears sold off their credit card business to a
separate entity is the day I walked away, that has to be forty years or longer ago. That to me is when the real slide started.
Many financial experts were saying when Sears & K-Mart joined forces was when they both were going, going, gone Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i will say one thing good about sears though. at one time they made a hell of a garden tractor. for $25 my boys bought a mid-80's craftsman II 18hp, 2 speed rearend, 6 speed tractor for souping up for tractor drags. we replaced the plugs and belt and hoses and when i started looking at how this thing was built, i told them there was no way they were going to ruin it racing it. i use it at my camp for hauling and drunk driving on the trails between camps. its a friggen beast. 2 cylinder v twin engine, sounds like a harley. we call it Mowzilla. it is legendary at our camp now.

My diploma is a DD214
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by gophergunner
The Kmart merger did nothing long term for either entity/. Sears had a good store in down town St. Paul, which has closed, and we're going through a whole bunch of Kmarts closing up here right now. As others have said, their competition found ways to do it better. I think going in the malls was a mistake. You sure don't see too many Wal-Marts in malls anywhere, and they're doing pretty good. Many guys here have spoken of the demise of the once popular Craftsman line. I still have an older starter set of Craftsman tools. I'm no professional mechanic, but even I can tell the new stuff just isn't the same quality. Do they even still offer the lifetime guarantee?

I have new and old and the new is every bit as fine as the old. Just bought this set.

http://www.amazon.com/Craftsman-009...ftsman+professional+tools#productDetails

Conduct is the best proof of character.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
I miss the glory days . . .

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Jeez.....i forgot how gorgeous their bait casters were.
My dad bought a Pflueger bait caster from Sears but never could master it. He then bought a simply beautiful auto-retrieve fly reel and a Ted Williams bamboo fly rod. That urge faded soon.
I wonder who made their fly reels and casting reels.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rem141r
i will say one thing good about sears though. at one time they made a hell of a garden tractor. for $25 my boys bought a mid-80's craftsman II 18hp, 2 speed rearend, 6 speed tractor for souping up for tractor drags. we replaced the plugs and belt and hoses and when i started looking at how this thing was built, i told them there was no way they were going to ruin it racing it. i use it at my camp for hauling and drunk driving on the trails between camps. its a friggen beast. 2 cylinder v twin engine, sounds like a harley. we call it Mowzilla. it is legendary at our camp now.
I have a 26hp Craftsman garden tractor with the Kohler engine. You're right...its a horse. I have the hydrostat transmission which I might regret someday when it breaks down but it's been 8 years so far without a hitch. I sure makes mowing a lot easier than shifting gears. I have a front blade on it for plowing snow but we haven't had enough snow since I bought it to really test it. It handles 4" great but that's not much of a test.

I don't know if the current models are as good as this one, though.

A couple years ago, I needed new blades and made the mistake of using mulching blades. The dang things kept the deck clogged up constantly. They're ok in 3" grass but not in anything deeper.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
I miss the glory days . . .

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

I thought you said you weren't addicted to old reels. laugh. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. grin

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just remembered the "Lands End" episode. They sure managed to FUBAR that company in a great big hurry, too.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

83 members (007FJ, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,466 guests, and 838 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,306
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.