Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'm not connected in any way - just saw it in the paper.

http://www.brannianauction.com/11012014-fairgrounds.html

Some is Good---More is Better----Too Much is Just Right
GB1

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Nice collection! Least their not selling it at a garage sale. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have never been to buffalo WY, think maybe me and momma will take a road next weekend.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deerstalker
I have never been to buffalo WY, think maybe me and momma will take a road next weekend.

Since Christmas is right around the corner, I'd like to put my order in for this one please-

250/3000-99f-1928, Takedown, Tang Sight, Shell Counter, Very Nice (3050XX)

Thank you and have a nice day.

Last edited by Fireball2; 10/25/14.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
doggoneit, I was hoping that would stay a secret.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, figured there would be a couple of unhappy folks.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
From Misc. Good Info:
Post auctions that are complete- cool

Post auctions that are warnings to potential buyers of known issues- cool

Post auctions that have been online for a long time b/c they are way over priced or just junk-cool

Post things on their first listing that ppl here are likely bidding on and don't wnat competition- NOT cool

"Every day above ground is a good day."
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Southern_WI_Savage

Post things on their first listing that ppl here are likely bidding on and don't wnat competition- NOT cool

If this is in reference to me, I would like to explain.
I joined this board nearly 10years ago because of the "Savage" section! It is hardly my first listing. While my tastes may run differently than a lot on this board, I feel that I am informing interested parties about an upcoming event. I have joked that frequent posters here can not count past 99, when I have a 110 question or issue. It was taken as a joke and I was informed that folks here can count to 1899!! All in good fun.
I don't know who "wrote" your "rules", but I never signed below them.

By the way - the auction was so secret that it was in the newspaper and online.

Some is Good---More is Better----Too Much is Just Right
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Southern_WI_Savage

You mean sharing timely information in a forum on the topic that the forum was created to share information on is not cool? You must have a different definition of "cool"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Cowboybart

By the way - the auction was so secret that it was in the newspaper and online.
Then why did you think you had to post it? I have never understood what positive outcome is expected to come from posting a live auction - it always seems to cause some controversy, which is why the 'rules' (more like guidelines & suggestions) were discussed sometime ago - follow those suggestions and there never seems to be any problems.

Explain to me who you expect to appreciate your posting? The people already aware of the auction and serious about bidding certainly won't. The casual observer will probably be more indifferent than anything and would probably be just as happy to see it posted after it's over. A person who didn't see it and wins something might, but if the auction were just for a single gun that would be at the most just one person, and everyone else will either not care or be unappreciative (and some possibly to a great extent). Even a person who wins might end up having second thoughts later and then wish they never had heard of the auction, so it could end up without anyone be happy about it.

From what has gone on here in the past I don't see much of an upside to posting live auctions, at least here (and I do not see that changing) - most who would be serious bidders always seem to already know and whether posting it affected the biding any or not, most will probably assume it did.

IC B3

C
C
Just out of curiosity, is there a reason that 30-30's are almost non-existent?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hey fellas let's not get all worked up and forget that Christmas pool. wink

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How about "hey fellow members who took the time to join this 99 forum, I have a lead on an interesting auction. If you want to know more PM me."

Just sayin.. BP...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The guy who owns those rifles bought the 32-40 from me at Denver in May so I called him the other day. He told me I wouldn't recognize it after what he did to the stock. I will be there in person but I wouldn't buy any of those rifles if I wasn't there to look closely at them. They're sort of sure that they are matching numbers also. I'll have my screwdrivers with me also. David

wyo1895
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
IMO people who post these auctions do so with the best of intentions trying to be helpful.

I remember about 4 or 5 years ago we had a very nice 99 collection being sold in a local rinky dink auction in a tiny little towns firehouse about 5 miles from me. Some do gooder thought the whole damn world should know so he posted it here and every Savage collector within 500 miles of here was their. That place had enough cars parked in the town for every man women and child to own two cars that day.

Couldn't even buy a box a shells that day. Auctioneer and the collector's estate still owes that guy a 5 digit commission check.

Welcome to the age of information.

Good and bad...

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I believe I was at that sale. I had bought my 250 R a few years before that at a big farm auction. Paid $185 for it. I took enough money I was hoping to pick up 2 rifles. I left with all of my money, less a hot dog. Opened my eyes to the value of 99's, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wouldn't be surprised if the trip to this auction is a waste of time and money. The rifle's owner said there's an 89 year-old there in Buffalo who sold his ranch and now is spending the money on 99's. He already has a 100 plus 99 collection. Too bad I didn't hear of him earlier in the book writing process. The books almost finished now, so probably don't need photos of his stuff.
I made my motel reservations a few minutes ago. The place I wanted to stay was already full, may be hunters or people flocking in for the auction. Hunting season is winding down. David

wyo1895
[email protected]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z-Bar was a had clean little cabins fairly reasonable when I was there this summer. It's on the way out of town west on 16. If you can handle going into something associated with Winchester, Winchester Steak House on the east end has good food.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Between your last two posts you're doing a good job discouraging attendance. wink wink

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
I believe I was at that sale. I had bought my 250 R a few years before that at a big farm auction. Paid $185 for it. I took enough money I was hoping to pick up 2 rifles. I left with all of my money, less a hot dog. Opened my eyes to the value of 99's, Joe.

I had enough cash with me that day I could have choked the whole team of Budweiser Clydesdales. I went their to buy some guns and left with nothing. First gun autcioned was a flat out mint 308 EG. Was 650 to me and let it go for 625 cause was saving my money for the "good stuff". Still crying over that one. cry But on the good side: left without doing anything stupid.

This action in WY will be no different. It's a done deal. Will be guys their with huge egos and wallets that will pay anything to "win". Seen that movie before.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

176 members (2UP, 44mc, 264mag, 338rcm, 2500HD, 19 invisible), 1,627 guests, and 1,043 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,965
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.