-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If this gal wants her dignity and privacy so bad in her death, why in the hell did she make it a news story.
She is a quitter. She is fearfull of pain, she's a coward because of her fear of pain.
Looks to be a lot of campfire members who are the same way.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB4

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
She didn't make it a news story, the media ran with it. Sometimes "a story" does have its benefits when others can reflect and learn. This is one of them.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
My most recent experience with death, For whatever reason I know 20 some people that passed from various causes this year, was my uncle of cancer. He was a huge mountain of a man. 6'5" and 310 lbs. He lived his life as he pleased and never once mentioned the Lord in a positive light. Just that he would never be Good enough to receive The Lord's salvation.
He did very little treatments for the disease always worried of the cost and did not want to leave my aunt in debt.... He even told my aunt that she needed to find someone to take care of her when he was gone.
To make a long story short , in the last weeks of his life he accepted Jesus as his personal savior and also spoke with me about what he believed all his life was Wrong... He realized that when we are weak , God is strong. Facing terminal illness that would take months he felt strong in the Lord's Love for the first time in his life. Two days later he had a stroke and entered the Lord's presence. In relative peace and comfort. Life is a God given gift, If we chose to end it early for any reason whether it is from health concerns or stressful life or whatever we are going against God's plan...
This woman's decision is a purely selfish decision that is made even more crazy by her need to be in magazine articles and tv. She is doing a bucket list of things all along with cameras following. If her decision is so personal and hers alone then leave the cameras behind.
These are just my opinions and from a Christian bias, but She never gave God a chance to work in her life and He will not be there in the end for her........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wtxj
If this gal wants her dignity and privacy so bad in her death, why in the hell did she make it a news story.
She is a quitter. She is fearfull of pain, she's a coward because of her fear of pain.

Remember that the next time you have a dog dying. Or, the next time you have a family member dying slowly and painfully. You'd best not consider putting that dog down or wishing you could end the pain and suffering of that family member.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wyoming260
My most recent experience with death, For whatever reason I know 20 some people that passed from various causes this year, was my uncle of cancer. He was a huge mountain of a man. 6'5" and 310 lbs. He lived his life as he pleased and never once mentioned the Lord in a positive light. Just that he would never be Good enough to receive The Lord's salvation.
He did very little treatments for the disease always worried of the cost and did not want to leave my aunt in debt.... He even told my aunt that she needed to find someone to take care of her when he was gone.
To make a long story short , in the last weeks of his life he accepted Jesus as his personal savior and also spoke with me about what he believed all his life was Wrong... He realized that when we are weak , God is strong. Facing terminal illness that would take months he felt strong in the Lord's Love for the first time in his life. Two days later he had a stroke and entered the Lord's presence. In relative peace and comfort. Life is a God given gift, If we chose to end it early for any reason whether it is from health concerns or stressful life or whatever we are going against God's plan...
This woman's decision is a purely selfish decision that is made even more crazy by her need to be in magazine articles and tv. She is doing a bucket list of things all along with cameras following. If her decision is so personal and hers alone then leave the cameras behind.
These are just my opinions and from a Christian bias, but She never gave God a chance to work in her life and He will not be there in the end for her........

You have absolutely no evidence of this at all.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

At least they are not elevating themselves to be as judgmental as some are. wink

Last I heard, that was God's job.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

At least they are not elevating themselves to be as judgmental as some are. wink

Hush now. The Baptist Taliban has arrived, and the mullahs are speaking.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

And I assume, that faced with the prospect of a certain, painful death, that you would surely take the high road? Don't be so quick to condemn the decisions that others make until you are in the exact same situation. I'd also bet that she wasn't the one that made it a news story.

Last edited by HilhamHawk; 10/29/14.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
She didn't make it a news story, the media ran with it. Sometimes "a story" does have its benefits when others can reflect and learn. This is one of them.

Quote--�The seizure was a harsh reminder that my symptoms continue to worsen as the tumor runs its course,� she wrote. That�s why she said she has been using her final days to advocate for death-with-dignity laws. �My dream is that every terminally ill American has access to the choice to die on their own terms with dignity.�

There you go on her starting the media blitz.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 4ager

Remember that the next time you have a dog dying. Or, the next time you have a family member dying slowly and painfully. You'd best not consider putting that dog down or wishing you could end the pain and suffering of that family member.

Dad, Mom and aunt all died of cancer.
I know what what cancer does to people. 24 hours ago a good friend died of brain cancer.

None committed an early suicide death.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

So you two are not judging anyone?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Dad, Mom and aunt all died of cancer.
I know what what cancer does to people. 24 hours ago a good friend died of brain cancer.

None committed an early suicide death.

Great. That was their choice. They were all terminal.

Tell me, what did that last run of pain and suffering get them that they couldn't have had (other than a hell of a lot of pain and suffering for themselves and their families) had they stepped out just prior to the nasty end stage coming on?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Nope. I was having a pretty decent conversation with a good friend (the Lt) without any religious context. I simply recognized to rockinbbar when it was time for us to pipe down as the Baptist Taliban had arrived. As we've been told time and again, we're not worthy to discuss topics that said mullahs decree as territory only for the annointed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Right? Suicide is the most selfish act in the world.

Er. No. Insisting that someone die an agonizing death so that you can deal with some personal issues is.

Last edited by Steve; 10/29/14.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Nope.

I think all of my posts were relating to the freedom of choice that particular people have.

Show me one instance where I sounded judgmental in this thread.

You can't.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My final post on this subject.

I have been intimately familiar with many suicides. In every case, the "victim" believed they were doing the right thing. In no case, did it ever help a survivor.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I have been intimately familiar with many suicides. In every case, the "victim" believed they were doing the right thing. In no case, did it ever help a survivor.

Apples; oranges.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

please explain the moral obligations of a terminal cancer patient to "help the survivors".

I watched my father die of cancer, and he had the choice of physician assisted suicide. Had he chosen that, I would have stood by him as much as I did when he didn't. It was no longer his job to "help me".

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Great. That was their choice. They were all terminal.

Tell me, what did that last run of pain and suffering get them that they couldn't have had (other than a hell of a lot of pain and suffering for themselves and their families) had they stepped out just prior to the nasty end stage coming on?

Some people have what it takes to live as long as they can.
Some people don't.

Some people can take pain.
Some people "fear" pain of any kind. That little lady is one of these. So let her end her life.
Sure don't admire her for a thing in her short young life.

Lots of drugs to prevent pain in this country.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
stupid, publicity hungry, thoughtless..........and for right now, kinda hot.
I have no sympathy for suicides though.

Sam......

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1936M71, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 160user, 1234, 1Longbow, 58 invisible), 2,184 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,928
Posts18,479,870
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.