Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by MILES58
Basically it comes down to this... The government must show cause to deprive her of her liberties. Just like anyone else. Due process is required unless it is very extreme circumstances.

The government cannot grab up anyone without cause and lock them down. It's just that simple. What expecting to be able to lock her down without symptoms is like is locking me down because I think it might be time to choke the life out of fear mongering idiots and improve the quality of discourse in this country.

this is where I'm at with this. locking up someone not showing symptoms is not doing anyone but the fear mongers any good. it would be a cold day in hell when I willingly give up my liberty to just to make the couch bound activists feel better.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

The possibility of bringing a incurable contagion with a 50%+ mortality rate to our country is enough cause to lock her ass up for 21 days. I'm all for civil liberties, but not when you might kil of 1/2 the country in the process (unless it's the 1/2 who voted for Obama, screw them ) laugh

So, you are saying ill informed, irrational fear trumps your civil liberties? Really?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
All in-coming ebola need to be housed in Montana and NW Alaska
where they are welcome.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I am willing to accept risks associated with liberty.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

So, you are saying ill informed, irrational fear trumps your civil liberties? Really?

It's called common sense, which you seem to be lacking. The CDC and state health departments do have the power to force a quarantine with a court order (which I believe they are seeking). Even the army is quarantining people working in the region even though they may not have had direct contact with patients.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

It's called common sense, which you seem to be lacking. The CDC and state health departments do have the power to force a quarantine with a court order (which I believe they are seeking). Even the army is quarantining people working in the region even though they may not have had direct contact with patients.

Only if they can produce cause. Somethng that requires evidence of risk like symptoms. Without that all you have left is the ignorant part of irrational fear, or a lack of due process.

The Army is a whole 'nother thing entirely. You are not entitled to all of the same civil rights as a civilian, something that anyone who's been there and done that already knows.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Only if they can produce cause. Somethng that requires evidence of risk like symptoms. Without that all you have left is the ignorant part of irrational fear, or a lack of due process.

The Army is a whole 'nother thing entirely. You are not entitled to all of the same civil rights as a civilian, something that anyone who's been there and done that already knows.

You mean like her over in junglebunny heaven, mixed in with thousands of evola pts, and getting off the plane with a fever. Thats enough for me. If she isn't gonna abide by the quarantine some good citizen with terminal cancer should put one through her skull,

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Maine Judge Rejects Ebola Quarantine for Nurse Kaci Hickox - NBC News

A judge in Maine ruled Friday that Kaci Hickox, the nurse who treated Ebola patients and is defying a state-imposed quarantine, can come and go as she pleases, as long as she is monitored for symptoms and lets health officials know where she�s going.

The judge said Hickox must submit to what health officials call direct active monitoring � having her temperature taken and being checked for symptoms at least once a day. But he stresses that she has no symptoms and is therefore not infectious.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Her roomate in Africa just tested positive for ebola

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Still waiting to confirm but...

http://www.breakingnews.com/item/2014/10/31/in-court-filing-state-of-maine-says-it-believes-k/

In court filing, state of Maine says it believes Kaci Hickox's roommate in Africa tested positive for Ebola without knowing how she came into contact with virus, but any risk to Hickox from that incident has passed.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How can I contribute to this topic meaningfully without seeing some pics of this dirty nurse?

�Some people hear their own inner voice with great clearness. And they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy�or they become legend."--Jim Harrison

www.doing-manly-things.com
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AndySpencer
How can I contribute to this topic meaningfully without seeing some pics of this dirty nurse?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The judge just changed his mind.
She can go anywhere she wants.

Glad i don't live close.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 204guy, 69 invisible), 2,590 guests, and 1,186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,813
Posts18,477,617
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.