Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
I should have addressed the original question in my first post. From a regulatory standpoint, prohibiting something takes less regulation than allowing it. Allowing something with medical and societal consequences will take a LOT more governmental regulations than prohibiting it, and you still need a mechanism and expenditure of effort for dealing with the people who violate the new regulations. So, legalization will not lift the need for enforcement, and you can expect regulations to increase as well.

Well stated, and with that said, LE's stance is prohibit it...or not. We don't GAF. It ain't like stupid people would dissappear if dope did.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I doubt there have been any LE layoffs in Colorado or Washington. I know when gambling was legalized in Louisiana the State Police got to start up a whole new gaming division. I suspect it is like that everywhere with any new form of legalized sin.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The only way the poleece is gonna get layed off is if they actually start keeping criminals in jail.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL. I never thought about it that way, but I think you are correct, sir!

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Stuff like that is on the Oregon Ballot initiatives...

ads that are arguing against them, highlight the dramatic increase in the number of kids going into ERs in Colorado since they passed it..

speaking of stuff, like Gummie Bears being legally sold for those with Medical Marijuana needs...

I'm against its legalization.. for a number of obvious reasons.. I see no social value in it at all...for starters...

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

Assume for the nonce that farming pot is as legal as farming corn or wheat. Further assume you have the proper soil and climate. Assume further that you could net, say, $100,000.00 annually.

How many here would not do it?

Be honest.

Add a zero and I still wouldn't do it.

Many, many things I wouldn't do for money. There is more to life than making money, how you do it and what you do with your time matters.

I sad, "Be honest".

Maybe you don't have values or standards, some of us do.

Obviously I don't but that doesn't make my values any less valuable than your "values".

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So so-called War on (some) Drugs has been the subterfuge to take the rest of your rights. Never mind that the prohibition of marijuana has been built on a foundation of lies.

Marijuana prohibition and it's enforcement has been more harmful to our society than legalization ever could have been. There are only two groups benefiting from this: 1) The govt as it grabs more power and stomps on your rights, and 2) the Cartels who get incredibly rich and engage in savage violence to protect their interests. The rest of us are caught in the middle.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire
Stuff like that is on the Oregon Ballot initiatives...

ads that are arguing against them, highlight the dramatic increase in the number of kids going into ERs in Colorado since they passed it..

speaking of stuff, like Gummie Bears being legally sold for those with Medical Marijuana needs...

I'm against its legalization.. for a number of obvious reasons.. I see no social value in it at all...for starters...

I don't believe that for a minute.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by stevelyn
So so-called War on (some) Drugs has been the subterfuge to take the rest of your rights. Never mind that the prohibition of marijuana has been built on a foundation of lies.

Marijuana prohibition and it's enforcement has been more harmful to our society than legalization ever could have been. There are only two groups benefiting from this: 1) The govt as it grabs more power and stomps on your rights, and 2) the Cartels who get incredibly rich and engage in savage violence to protect their interests. The rest of us are caught in the middle.

Stupid Cartels blowing up apartment buildings! Oh, wait that was a college kid.
http://helenair.com/news/local/man-...01ec3e3-32b0-51b1-84e3-4eb40db8b3c3.html

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by stevelyn

Correct you are.

A strong current of Puritanism runs through this forum. A lot of people here are against anything or anyone that favors anything fun except guns.

If they held sway we would still have prohibition, women would not be voting (not such a bad idea) and "witches" would be burning.

I am of the firm opinion that pot, like gay marriage, will soon be legal at the Fed and (all) state level.

Tell me I am wrong.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Folks do and believe as they are told by the powers that be.
Be it drug laws or gun laws and dozens of others.
This forum is a prime example, just ask if firearm background checks are a good thing, read the response's then read the Harvard link stickie.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I hope it gets shot down in Oregon because it'd make for a bunch of stupid lazy welfare grubbing Muthaphuckers.........oh, wait.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd like to see the weed heads and potential growers expand upon how our country and society will be improved by legalizing weed. I just don't see any benefits? And saying well alcohol is legal, why not legalize weed, I don't buy that argument.

If people want to live their life in a stupor, that's their choice and they'll find a way. But I don't see making it easier or socially acceptable benefiting society one iota, quite the contrary.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
It shows where a bunch of dope heads are running the state

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I'm voting for it. Anything that takes more power from the cops over victimless activity is a good thing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't see making it easier or socially acceptable benefiting society one iota, quite the contrary.

Being illegal doesn't stop people from using it, any more than prohibition stopped people from using alcohol.
Many billions of taxpayers dollars are spent every year on arresting people for using marijuana, throwing them in jail, trying them, convicting them, and them putting them in prison...all paid for by the U.S. taxpayer.
What a waste of money and resources...

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antlers
Many billions of taxpayers dollars are spent every year on arresting people for using marijuana, throwing them in jail, trying them, convicting them, and them putting them in prison...all paid for by the U.S. taxpayer.
What a waste of money and resources...

I'd sure like to see the proof of that. I realize that not all areas are the same, but I have never seen a person jailed for using marijuana. That's after 32 years in LE...almost half as a narc. (I am for COMPLETE legalization, by the way.)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have you seen em' jailed for having it in their possession...personal amounts, for their own use...?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I am for COMPLETE legalization, by the way.

So am I.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

170 members (10Glocks, 2500HD, 358wsm, 10gaugemag, 204guy, 24 invisible), 2,009 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,903
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.