Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I am for COMPLETE legalization, by the way.

So am I.
Same.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
I find it ironic that the war on drugs is such a big [bleep] joke to some people, but the fact that they legalize dope, and spend the first 0.1 Billion dollars made off of it on programs to prevent folks from using it and treating some that are.

Just because the government turns around and spends the $$ like they do doesn't make the war on drugs any less of a "big plucking joke" than it is. The government has spent over a trillion dollars of taxpayers money so far on the war on drugs, and it hasn't done a bit of good. Drugs and drug use are still rampant in our country. You simply can't stop people from using the stuff...plain and simple.

However, Notwithstanding anything prior is a big [bleep] joke, doesn't mean anything current or forward isn't as big or bigger [bleep] joke.

Just because other kids are doing it or "so and so" does it, doesn't give license for everyone to do stupid things as well.

You seem to use that argument a lot, bro.

Just because hypocrites are hypocrites, doesn't mean I can be a hypocrite...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin
I can't believe anybody would thing that any "good" would come from legalization.

It's not doing one bit of good, obviously, to keep it illegal though. It's just costing the taxpayers a ton of money and it's not stopping people from using the stuff.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Maybe, just maybe if we throw enough money at it and CARE, it will be a solved issue.......

I have a novel idea: you got bad pee you get nuttin'.

Why care for people who don't care about themselves? Tell them its okay, go and be free, but your behavior should be free to the taxpayer as well.

Nature gets rid of bad behavior on its own and its always been free.....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's not doing one bit of good, obviously, to keep it illegal though. It's just costing the taxpayers a ton of money and it's not stopping people from using the stuff.

I dont' believe money is a credible issue here, other than for the alcohol producers that are lobbying to keep weed illegal.

I would like to see it legalized for two reasons. First, the fact that it is a crime to possess, tends to place users in the presence of criminal elements. For that matter, it makes them "criminals". Being a criminal makes one believe that there is no reason to obey laws (beyond there own morals). A gateway to the dark side, so to speak.

Second, I like brownies and get tired of my beer tasting like fish. smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by RWE
I find it ironic that the war on drugs is such a big [bleep] joke to some people, but the fact that they legalize dope, and spend the first 0.1 Billion dollars made off of it on programs to prevent folks from using it and treating some that are.

Just because the government turns around and spends the $$ like they do doesn't make the war on drugs any less of a "big plucking joke" than it is. The government has spent over a trillion dollars of taxpayers money so far on the war on drugs, and it hasn't done a bit of good. Drugs and drug use are still rampant in our country. You simply can't stop people from using the stuff...plain and simple.

However, Notwithstanding anything prior is a big [bleep] joke, doesn't mean anything current or forward isn't as big or bigger [bleep] joke.

True enough, but what are we to do...?
It seems like the choices are either to continue to WASTE money on a dismal failure of a policy...or stop it, and spend the $$ that was saved on something else that is also a huge and abject WASTE.
If those are the choices then why do anything at all...? Not just about the failed war on drugs but about any government expenditures/waste at all...? Why even discuss fiscal responsibility when it comes to government...?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HawkI
Why care for people who don't care about themselves? Tell them its okay, go and be free, but your behavior should be free to the taxpayer as well.

I'm good with that.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
we agree.

lunch is on me.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HawkI

I'm good with that.

That would pretty much fix it all, now wouldn't it?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Bob will be eating at that buffet...

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Calvin
I can't believe anybody would thing that any "good" would come from legalization.

How would legalizing Marijuana save the Tax Payers money? Remember "save" mans to not spend.

Would the Government "Save" the taxpayer money by reducing Law Enforcement manpower costs? Administrative costs? Court costs? What?

What expenses would be CUT and Who is going to loose their Jobs?

Shifting money from one program to another is NOT saving money, it is spending money.

The sift in money will most like take away from Law Enforcement and shift it to Social Programs to deal with the increased use of marijuana.

What would you rather have this money spent on, Law Enforcement (All Law Enforcement) or a Social Welfare program? Cuz there is one thing for sure, this Money you speak of is gunna get spent one way or another.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by steve4102
Cuz there is one thing for sure, this Money you speak of is gunna get spent one way or another.

Yes.Yes.Yes.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
So..are you gonna bogart that thing?

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What would you rather have this money spent on, Law Enforcement (All Law Enforcement) or a Social Welfare program? Cuz there is one thing for sure, this Money you speak of is gunna get spent one way or another.

Ideally, I'd like to see it spent on whatever the state governments are already doing with the property taxes of that particular state...and then decreasing the property taxes for the people of that state correspondingly.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Ideally, I'd like to see it spent on whatever the state governments are already doing with the property taxes of that particular state...and then decreasing the property taxes for the people of that state correspondingly.

So you want it spent and not saved. I figured.
Tell me again how spending money saves money?

OH, and how many LEO should be laid off or terminated to NOT save any money?

Last edited by steve4102; 10/31/14.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

lol

YOU, Steve, already asserted that this money was going to be 'spent' one way or the other. I don't disagree with that. And then you asked me what I would rather have this money 'spent' on...and I answered your question regarding that.
No LEO have to get laid off. They'll simply be freed up to focus on other, more serious, ctiminal activity.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

lol

YOU, Steve, already asserted that this money was going to be 'spent' one way or the other. I don't disagree with that. And then you asked me what I would rather have this money 'spent' on...and I answered your question regarding that.
No LEO have to get laid off. They'll simply be freed up to focus on other, more serious, ctiminal activity.

So you agree that Legalizing marijuana will NOT save the Tax payer a single dime! Law Enforcement costs will remain the same.

So all your other post about how expensive the war on drugs is and how CO saved 40 Million is all Bull [bleep], correct. You agree that NO Money will be "Saved" by legalizing pot, Good call.

Last edited by steve4102; 10/31/14.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Steve, just because the government turns around and spends the $$ like they do doesn't make the war on drugs any less of a "big plucking joke" than it is. The government has spent over a trillion dollars of taxpayers money so far on the war on drugs, and it hasn't done a bit of good. Drugs and drug use are still rampant in our country. You simply can't stop people from using the stuff...plain and simple.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Backtracking are we?

You said that CO saved Money and Legalizing pot will continue to save money, now you say there will be NO money "saved".

You simply can't stop people from using the stuff...plain and simple.

That is one of the most ridiculous things you have said so far.

We should legalize it because people will use it anyway.

Should we also,
Legalize Heroine,
Legalize Meth,
Legalize LSD,
Legalize Ecstasy
legalize Child Abuse
Legalize Speeding
Legalize Robbery
Legalize everything, because people will use/do it anyway.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Yep, typical 'buzz' words, feel good stuff. We will 'save' money by legalizing.

Sounds familiar. 'If we save ONE child's live by banning guns it's worth it'

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

321 members (204guy, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 41 invisible), 2,522 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,239
Posts18,485,851
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.