Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I'm pretty sure he would have opted for belt fed at one point, had it been available. Or even a Warthog.

smile

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No matter how you try to spin it, traditionalist are typically hypocrites while they run around in Under Armor, Thinsulate and carry a smartphone or GPS while hunting.

As i said ive seen it far too often.

If that's true, you are hanging with the wrong crowd.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by prairie dog shooter
No matter how you try to spin it, traditionalist are typically hypocrites while they run around in Under Armor, Thinsulate and carry a smartphone or GPS while hunting.

OH , I don�t know Prairie dog . For some its about the gun . Im thinking no different then those who shoot AR�s , SKS or any type of battle rifle. Yet never served in the military . I wonder , are they Hypocrites because they don�t dress in combat fatigues ?
Are they Hypocrites because they enjoy such rifles.
Not in my opinion.

I must say this . These type of discussions are like trying to convince a liberal that they do more harm then good in that it ends up with insults vs. actual discussion base on merit of whats actually being said.

�NOT sayin anyone here is a liberal past anything but liberalization of rules . Just making a comparison.�

THUS, every time one of these discussions comes up and comments are judge by their merit , someone has to make a comment about those who don�t dress traditionally, leather under wear �.. .
Yet ,,, and maybe I have missed it . But I have yet to read the other side openly calling the modern inline folks � Posers � or �Hypocrites�

Would it be that hard to substantiate � NO . as I said before . The advertising , articles and discussion threads ay one thing . But when backed into qualifying those oppenions
,, suddenly that info is all false , untrue ���.

Even when a common acceptable ground can be found . That ground must be guarded with a fever . For in short order that common ground will be forgotten .

Personally I could give a rats ass how you dress . But in all fairness , with the quality of a % the general hunting public these days your probably more then likely to get shot even if you tie a neon sign to your ass .

So if traditionalists are hypocrites .
Then does that not make the modern inline folks Posers?

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Aye, this was comment that irked me more than a little.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Yeah, but you're disturbed.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
IC B2

Hope its not political but I had a small doe get up and run off after shot with a 40 cal round ball. From now on I'll use a 50 or larger/ with maxi ball and relegate the 40 for target or squirrel work.

aka: 4065 Shooter, LBjr.
Very interested in JH Durkee Muzzleloaders, slug guns, schuetzen, BPCRS
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by 40shooter
Hope its not political but I had a small doe get up and run off after shot with a 40 cal round ball. From now on I'll use a 50 or larger/ with maxi ball and relegate the 40 for target or squirrel work.

That can happen regardless of what projectile , gun or for that matter bow and arrow combo you chose to use . I submit that if that were not the case , then we would have little or no wound loss data for center fire seasons or for that mater muzzle loading hunts where 45 cal or better for deer and 50 cal or better for elk and bear are required .

[Linked Image]
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guys, I got to admit, the zen here about traditionalists, large bore, small bore, flinters, percussion, BP versus substitutes and such have got me confused, and its hard to follow.

What am I if I hunt with a 54 caliber underhammer with prbs and Goex FFFg?

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by RWE
Guys, I got to admit, the zen here about traditionalists, large bore, small bore, flinters, percussion, BP versus substitutes and such have got me confused, and its hard to follow.

A man with style. I really like that under hammer you posted up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

Gay ... ??? laugh

You're shooting the .270 of MLs.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by RWE

While some would say otherwise , Imo your in the traditional book as under hammers date rather early and were made in flintlock . The design was and still is based on a muzzle loading design and but for converting to cap ignition , were un changed in design by the early 19th century .

I would also say that some of the early inline designs would fall also into that category with alittle modification. But then most folks probably wouldn�t find then to pleasing to shoot . Not to mention rather troublesome in the ignition system

Last edited by captchee; 11/13/14.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

What kind of underhammer do you have?

Just curious; why the 3f instead of 2f?

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My underhammer dotes on Swiss 1.5 fg, cross strip patches and .50 caliber conicals. It is near 140 years old, has an ancient 16x scope and flies hate it.

Boom

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by RWE

What kind of underhammer do you have?

Just curious; why the 3f instead of 2f?

I built it.

I had small amounts of FFg and FFFg at the house when I was test firing, and the FFFg worked out more consistent in the round bottom rifling with (really) thick patches.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by captchee
Originally Posted by prairie dog shooter

OH , I don�t know Prairie dog . For some its about the gun . Im thinking no different then those who shoot AR�s , SKS or any type of battle rifle. Yet never served in the military . I wonder , are they Hypocrites because they don�t dress in combat fatigues ?
Are they Hypocrites because they enjoy such rifles.
Not in my opinion.

I must say this . These type of discussions are like trying to convince a liberal that they do more harm then good in that it ends up with insults vs. actual discussion base on merit of whats actually being said.

�NOT sayin anyone here is a liberal past anything but liberalization of rules . Just making a comparison.�

THUS, every time one of these discussions comes up and comments are judge by their merit , someone has to make a comment about those who don�t dress traditionally, leather under wear �.. .
Yet ,,, and maybe I have missed it . But I have yet to read the other side openly calling the modern inline folks � Posers � or �Hypocrites�

Would it be that hard to substantiate � NO . as I said before . The advertising , articles and discussion threads ay one thing . But when backed into qualifying those oppenions
,, suddenly that info is all false , untrue ���.

Even when a common acceptable ground can be found . That ground must be guarded with a fever . For in short order that common ground will be forgotten .

Personally I could give a rats ass how you dress . But in all fairness , with the quality of a % the general hunting public these days your probably more then likely to get shot even if you tie a neon sign to your ass .

So if traditionalists are hypocrites .
Then does that not make the modern inline folks Posers?

I forget, sarcasm doesn't always come across well on the internet. What I meant was, if he thinks those guys are hypocrites for dressing in modern clothing and hunting with traditional muzzle loaders, he should just stop hunting with them.

To clarify my position on the matter;
[Linked Image]

If that makes me a hypocrite in another man's opinion, fine. He doesn't have to approve, join in, associate with me, hunt with me, or give a tinkers' damn about me.

I can't see how it's any of my business how another man wants to hunt (or dress).

If I don't like it, I just don't do it.

(If a liberal don't like it, he doesn't want anyone to do it.)

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fish head
Originally Posted by RWE

Gay ... ??? laugh

Build one, from scratch, better and then you can bitch.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
For purposes of clarification, for reasons not clear the attribution belongs here rather than on others quoted as saying the following...first page of this thread.

Originally Posted by Overkill45

Made me grind my teeth a bit. It is a broad statement that insults without justification IMO. There are a lot of traditional hunters in my neighborhood that do nothing of the sort. I'd guess these fellas might take offense.

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by fish head
Originally Posted by RWE

Gay ... ??? laugh

Build one, from scratch, better and then you can bitch.

OK , but i think we would have to see RWE's underhammer first , to as to know just what level to consider better .LOL

RWE , i use 3 F in my 54 cal as well . in fact i even use it in my 62's .

OH and here are a couple of my builds

from this and other planks like them . I cut most of my english and black walnuts as well as Red and broad leaf maples , here localy
it would take me way , way to long to upload and post photos LOL , but here are a few
[Linked Image]

to this
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

or this
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/captchee/Rifles/DSC_0042.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/captchee/Rifles/Picture004.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/captchee/Rifles/Picture002.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/captchee/Rifles/storm007_zps350e3da6.jpg[/img]

[Linked Image]
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
capt, if I ever got to that level of ART, I would not be at a desk 40 miles from my house.

I hope the Gods of wood and metal are taking care of you.

My humble offering

[Linked Image]

After season, when I can clean it up, I'll get better pics.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Amazing stuff.

If I could make, or even afford, rifles like that, I wouldn't be much interested in modern stuff either.

Last edited by Pappy348; 11/14/14.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

472 members (204guy, 1moredeer, 160user, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 1936M71, 57 invisible), 2,669 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,807
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.