Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The only TV personality I'd really like to meet - and eat with - would be Andrew Zimmern.

I would be up for that grin

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The only TV personality I'd really like to meet - and eat with - would be Andrew Zimmern.

I used to like Zimmern's show. Then I read some of his writings that showed me what a crappy person he is on the inside.

No thanks. No way.
I wouldn't eat rotten food with him.
I would not eat prime rib with him.
I would not give him the benefit of my presence.

Last edited by Tarkio; 11/17/14.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I cant recall ever meeting anybody famous but if I could pick it would be Northern_Dave and John Wayne . Just to be a fly on the wall and listen to the stories ............lol

Last edited by mule1; 11/17/14. Reason: cause i stupid

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Earlier poster mentioned Jane Fonda. Was around her a very little bit in Bozeman in the early 90's and had a friend or 2 that did some work for her and Ted. Not a mean or bad person in her treatment of people, but no doubt she had a feeling of superiority to those around her.

Was in BA years ago with a group. They ran into Robert Duvall on the streets. Duvall chased them down to see what was going on because many of these guys were wearing cowboy hats. Duvall chatted them up for a bit and then directed them to what he claimed to be the best whorehouse in the city. Seems like a nice guy, don't you think?

Montana MOFO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bill Gillespie...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Haven't read any of Zimmern's writings, but considering the fact that he's a recovering alcoholic and drug addict, those bad years may have colored whatever he may have written. I'll gladly take the current Zimmern as the "real" him.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Over the years I have met Ashley Judd, Fred Thompson, Charles Barkley, Mary Stuart Masterson, Vince Gill, Aaron Tippin, John Wooden and Pat Summitt that I can think of right off hand. Barkley and Vince Gill were very down to earth. Pat Summitt was the nicest by far.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Haven't read any of Zimmern's writings, but considering the fact that he's a recovering alcoholic and drug addict, those bad years may have colored whatever he may have written. I'll gladly take the current Zimmern as the "real" him.

Zimmern showed his hatred for women quite recently. Particularly conservative women.
Can you say misogynist?
I say, screw him.

Montana MOFO
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I don't recognize a lot of the people mentioned here. I don't have a clue who they are. Am I alone in that regard?

Montana MOFO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tarkio
I don't recognize a lot of the people mentioned here. I don't have a clue who they are. Am I alone in that regard?

Bill Gillespie was sitting in a bar with some friends when the bragging got a little deep about the famous people that these guys knew. Everyone except Bill. Finally, one of the guys turned to Bill and asked " Do you know anyone famous?"

Bill replied, "Now that you mention it, there isn't anyone I don't know."

Sure Bill, how are you going to prove that? He asked them how they needed proof, they asked him if he knew the Prime Minister of Canada. They chartered a plane, flew to Canada, went into the Parliamentary building and told them it was Bill Gillespie to see the Prime Minister.

The Prime Minister got up from his desk, stuck his hand out and said "Bill Gellespie, How Are you?" Stunned the other guys stood there in shock. When they left the building Bill asked them if that was proof enough. They thought for a moment and said, "Do you know the Pope?"

Bill told them that he did. They already had the plane chartered so they flew to Rome. Bill walked into the Vatican, came back out and told the guys he couldn't get them in to meet the Pope, as he was about to address the masses from the balcony, but if he appeared on the balcony with the Pope, wouldn't that be proof enough? They agreed.

There was a huge crowd, Bill's friends were way back in the crowd when it all got quiet as 2 figures walked out on the balcony. They couldn't really see who it was, so they nudged one of the people in the crowd to see if he could tell who was there. The guy in the crowd said " I don't know who the guy in the white is, but the fellow on his right is Ol' Bill Gillespie"

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
There is a hell-of-alot of people
that don't know I'm famous. cool

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If a pro athlete is a TV personality, that probably opens up a whole range of people to us all. I met Dave Cowans (center for the Boston Celtics) during his pro career. He attended a college basketball game I was at and he sat right in front of me. Seemed like a nice guy. A guy who worked as a security guard at the Boston Garden and who attended the school I was at brought him. Word got out that he was coming to the game, and the gym was full. The only seats available were right in front of me, and before he entered the building I knew he'd be sitting right in front of me. Had to be a pretty good guy to befriend a rent-a-cop.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've meet celebrities during my years as a professional trumpet player. The first time I was still a young kid and didn't expect to meet face to face with the performer I was backing for. I was literally speechless when he spoke to me and I latter felt embarrassedby my lack of "cool".

Since then I have always acted like a celebrity is nobody special. I Don't ask for autographs or photos and I try to carry on a normal conservation. It's amazing how much time these folks will spend with you when you don't act like a stary eyed tourists. Most of them enjoy being "normal" if folks around them behave normally.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Freddy
I met Sean Connery and Chuck Yeager at the Safari club convention in Reno a few years back.

Given that Connery is extremely "anti gun" (for us minions anyway)it doesn't surprise me that hes a hypocrite ..

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Met Richard Childress at the Shot Show a few years ago, heck of a nice guy. Met Dale Earnhardt back in the 90's and he was a nice guy too especially with the kids. Faith Hill and Tim McGraw were ass-hats who thought they were above everyone. Terri Clark was a hell of a lady.

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Took Richard Childress on a Antelope hunt when Dale Earnhardt was winning the Winston cup. Had his pilot stay in Casper Wy while we stayed in a wall tent and hunted the Antelope with horses. He sent me Dale Earnhardt knives and caps.
He was a great guy to all of us.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Almost all of the "TV" personalities I've met (hundreds of them) were news media types - and they were universally pricks. The one entertainment guy I've met is Gary Burghoff, who played Radar on MASH. He is an artist and sold some of his paintings at the Big Reno Gun Show. Tom Selleck walked through that same show once, and I saw but didn't meet him.

I'd be embarrassed to list all the big name people I've met by virtue of my time at NASA, from Presidents to James Michener and Chuck Yeager. The nicest, humblest, most "knowable" of the lot? Astronauts. I don't know if they got trained to be nice (which is probable) or they just were, but were THE greatest folks to know, by far.

Two of the guys you mentioned, I have had the pleasure to meet..

First was my child hood hero, Chuck Yeager...saw him speak to young CAP kids down at Crescent City CA....it was amazing how humble he was to many of those kids, and threw on that old Hillbilly WVa charm to the old ladies down there...

The other was Tom Selleck.. at Punch Bowl in Hawaii, they were filming an episode of Magnum PI... my 3 year daughter takes off running ahead of us....up over a little hill, and I take off after her when she does come when I call her name...

There were all of these trailers parked on one side and she was standing talking to this guy down on his knee next to her.. I didn't think much of it at first, and made it down there and told her "Sarah, don't you run away like that..." up stands Tom Selleck..."this must be your dad Sarah.." and he sticks out his hand to shake mine...

We had about two words between us, when someone comes up and tells Tom we are ready for the next scene.. and he tells me and Sarah, "Sorry Gotta Go, but nice meeting both of you...Good bye Sarah..."

Sarah didn't have a clue who he was, but I did get a chance to tell him that his show was one of my 3 favorite on TV, the other two being Simon & Simon, and Hill Street Blues...he told me he liked those also, and thanked me for watching Magnum PI...

Stories my folks told me about him around Honolulu when they were filming Magnum PI is that he was very friendly with the locals...and also what he did for the entire cast and crew when he filmed his last season was unbelievably awesome... spent his entire bonus on the staff and crew...

but By Far my favorite Celebrity I ever met, and also the most down to Earth Personable... was INGWE... grin

hell he even let me buy him dinner, the nice guy he is..
and I enjoyed every minute of it..

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I have met Sandra Bullock, Matthew Mcounagay, the guy that had the lead role in MASH, Thomas Church, Cindy Crawford, and some athletes.

Every one of them seemed excited to meet me.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I drank moonshine with Junior Johnson if that counts

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Now that you mention it, I got drunk with Cale Yarborough one night....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

358 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 10ring1, 260madman, 47 invisible), 3,209 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,639
Posts18,533,600
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.