Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by mike_e_miller
Missouri.

Not hardly!! I do no hunting in Missouri, but go to RSA, Montana, Alabama, and Tennessee on a regular basis, sometimes, Nebraska, Iowa or Kansas.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
I guess I don't understand--if there is a consistent list of the top-5 states for sportsmen to live, then why haven't most of you already moved there? What's stopping you?

Just try and find a place to rent here....even a place to park you camper wink $3000 a month will get you a 3 bedroom house if you can find one.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
I guess I don't understand--if there is a consistent list of the top-5 states for sportsmen to live, then why haven't most of you already moved there? What's stopping you?

I live near my children and grand children and near medical facilities for me and my wife. Most great hunting is a few hours drive or an airplane ride away. My wife and I like to drive to our hunting adventures. She enjoys going with me, although it may cost me some Black Hills gold jewelry or a nice gift. Frequently it a side trip, this last trip was a visit to Mt. Rushmore and Blackhills National Cemetary. We always meet awesome people and try to make them lifelong friends.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wyoming is the place you're all lookin' for.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If Texas was so great there wouldn't be 1/2 the Texas population in NM every year. I'm sure it's ok if you have money falling out your ass..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Salmonela,
You are no Rancho Loco, that's for sure!
You would be welcomed in Mt., Id. and Wy. I am sure! laugh

That was funny!

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No thanks, I'll just stay put.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I could really like South Dakota; great bird hunting (which I miss dearly), great deer hunting; good antelope hunting and close enough to several western states to take easy advantage of a variety of game.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by KCBighorn
Rhode Island

hunting in metro Providence is AWESOME!!!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Oh, I apologize to Field Grade for the rash reply on my part.
I know he's a good guy, but I do get weary of being slammed for my place of residence.

I fully understand the term "California Mentality" where people from different states move in, whine, bitch and complain about their new surroundings, the politics, and culture, all the while actively working to change it to be just like where they left from.
I can understand the anger and frustration when long time residents and natives of traditional conservative western states see California license plates invading their precious home land.

I'd be pissed too.

It just sickens me to be lumped in with these f * c k s, I'm surrounded by them, I'm furious just about every day about what goes on in much of this state, but sadly I'm married to a woman who simply will not leave her family and life long friends.
I live on an island surrounded by liberalism, animal rights activists, environmentalists and anti gunners.

My "island" is a secluded valley where myself and my neighbors cling to our traditional values and lifestyles, sometimes I wish we lived in a worse location so my wife would be more willing to leave California... crazy

[Linked Image]

Most 24HCF members have gotten to know me a bit, sorry to bore you again with the same old song and dance...

ya know Sal,

no one from California who is an outdoorsman, hunter and conservative needs to apologize to anyone...

Those that do, haven't spent any time there...

like many other states it has its large metro areas, full of left wing 'don't know crap' liberals....but there are plenty of farmers, and other hard working people all over the state...

So we have to put up with states that these leftist types dominate more in politics by outnumbering conservatives.. still no reason for an entire state to be condemned...or its residents all slandered and put down constantly...

Oregon, we have Potland, Salem, and Eugene and then the rest of us occupying the other 99.5 % of the state's geography...

Washington... Puget Sound, from Everett to Olympia and then the rest of the entire State...

Idaho has to face Boise Growing and Growning...

Nevada has Vegas and the rest of the state...

Colorado, has Denver, Boulder and then the rest of the state...

some of these finger pointers, condemning others based on what they think, is no better than the mind set of many of these liberals, and how they come to their conclusions...

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
All I can tell you guys is that this place sucks ass and I regret moving every day of my life.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I'm perfectly happy, here in MO, in that regard. I can do most things I want, within an hour's drive. No big game, or Saltwater, but you can't have it all.

The older I get, the more I'd like to move to a warmer climate though.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Ironic that only one person said Colorado, but we have a couple hundred thousand come here to hunt from other states.

We looked at MT, too cold in winter. Wy,too windy. Lived in NM for 10years. Gave that up because you couldn't hunt elk every year.

Guess I'll stick to CO.

Make that Western Colorado. The Front Range is too...

The Wife and I are starting to think about Wyoming a lot. And New Zealand in the winter for a couple of months.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I live in Wyo. was 25 below this week. windy now.
+ 1 on New Zealand for the winter. My daughter lives there and it is a great place to go.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Idaho has to face Boise Growing and Growning...
Boise still votes red. In '12 only 2 counties in Idaho voted blue and Ada (Boise) wasn't one of them.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Re: If you could live in any state for hunting and fishing which would it be?

Seems like, for the most part in the lower 48, mostly hunters responding?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
All I can tell you guys is that this place sucks ass and I regret moving every day of my life.

Travis

Pears sent.... laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Well I'll be the first and probably the last but for my interests I'll stick with California every time..
I never really got the hunting bug so it's mainly the fishing for me. Endless lakes from the huge foothills resevoirs to many high Sierra spots who's beauty is bar none. Sacramento delta, SF bay, and of course the ringer for me is the Pacific Ocean just a few miles away. Crab, salmon, rockfish, stripers, albacore, and many other species to chase..
And as has been mentioned, hunters have a pretty decent bag here as well.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by scouttracker
If you had a chance to move and live in any state in the United States for hunting, trapping, fishing where would you go?

DC, The "woods" have lots of maladroit targets.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've grown to appreciate Washington.

Sure, it's a west coast cess pool in places, but 2 species of elk, 4 species of deer, a booming turkey population, moose, goats, wolves, sheep, a few caribou, grizz, and more blackies than any other lower 48. Frog gigging, craw fish, small mouth, trout, steelhead, salt fishing for lings, salmon, tuna, halibut, we have good quail, hun, and pheasant hunting. The pacific flyway for ducks and geese.

Granted, some tags are once in a life time, crazy short seasons for halibut, not huge potential for some species etc..... But tags are fairly easy to come by and the opportunity to go from rain forest to desert in a couple short hours is pretty cool. 4 seasons with mild to wild weather.

The bad? Well........there is okok.

If I could stand foreigners, BC would be #1.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

478 members (12344mag, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 40 invisible), 2,464 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,627
Posts18,474,206
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.