Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 19 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 18 19
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
This is the man that brought Heller before the SC, remember? You really need to find something else to support your agenda. By the way...what exactly IS your agenda?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
By the way...what exactly IS your agenda?

Shhhh; he's currently quoting obama grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
A rebel without a pause.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh my, they never even made it out of committee grin

Yet Ted introduced and supported them, didn't he?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 700LH
Oh my, they never even made it out of committee grin

Yet Ted introduced and supported them, didn't he?

Golly gee, supporting gun laws already on the books, go figure grin

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
No comment on what your agenda is, huh?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by poboy
A rebel without a pause.

That doesn't care much for politicians that attempt to take away my god given freedoms.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
A rebel without a pause.

That doesn't care much for politicians that attempt to take away my god given freedoms.

So...you're a felon?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
grin

MOLON LABE

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ltppowell
This is the man that brought Heller before the SC, remember? You really need to find something else to support your agenda. By the way...what exactly IS your agenda?

This is why Cruz still carries his NRA �A+� rating:
Ted Cruz On The Issues 6.13.14 By RepublicanViews.org

�Cruz worked in law as part of a private practice in Houston, and spent 5 years as a partner in one of America�s greatest law firm. He led the firm�s U.S. Supreme Court and national Appellate Litigation practice, and was part of successfully defending the U.S. sovereignty against the UN and the World Court in Medellin v. Texas, the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms, the constitutionality of the Texas Ten Commandments monument, the constitutionality of the words �under God� in the Pledge of Allegiance, the constitutionality of the Texas Sexually Violent Predator Civil Commitment law, and
 the Texas congressional redistricting plan.�

Ted Cruz on Gun Control
Cruz stands in defense of the Second Amendment, and in the right of Americans to bear arms. He authored a brief on behalf of 31 states, supporting these rights and the Second Amendment. In 2008, when a resolution was passed by the National Board of the NRA, Cruz was personally thanked for leading the States before the Supreme Court in a DC gun case. It was stated that his �efforts made this victory for the American people possible.� He voted against the banning of magazines over 10 bullets, and opposes all restrictions on the Second Amendment.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Is there anybody here that doesn't believe that some of the Republicans are as bad, or worse, than any Democrat?

In 2016, I would vote for a bad Republican over a ...

Well, I was going to say a good Democrat, but there aren't any.

And yeah, I would willingly have endured 8 years of Mitt Romney over what we've had.

You got that right, for sure.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Here is Hilary Clinton in an interview on 60 Minutes just a couple of weeks before the 2016 presidential election:

"I'm not saying that Ted Cruz is worthless POS. Other Republicans - in his own party - have said he is a worthless POS."

As opposed to "Mitt is a great guy, but President Obama already gave us the Affordable Care Act, and that was all Governor Romney really ever did for Massachusetts."?

Is there anybody here that doesn't believe that some of the Republicans are as bad, or worse, than any Democrat?

not this cowboy

if you sent to prison or hung them from lamposts all the degenerate individuals in DC

there'd be a lotta empty seats on both sides of the aisle

and not many folks employed in lots of buildings in DC

the new "ruling" class those in gov't and that work for the gov't and then there's we the people.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cruz was just up here, talking to a lady today that her son spent a fair amount of time with him.

he might be just one of the exceptions.

hard to say, they're all great at whispering in our ears

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
A rebel without a pause.

The Cruz record is based on what he has done, not just talk. Walked the walk...
Ted Cruz On The Issues 6.13.14 By RepublicanViews.org
�Cruz worked in law as part of a private practice in Houston, and spent 5 years as a partner in one of America�s greatest law firm. He led the firm�s U.S. Supreme Court and national Appellate Litigation practice, and was part of successfully defending the U.S. sovereignty against the UN and the World Court in Medellin v. Texas,

the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms,

the constitutionality of the Texas Ten Commandments monument, the constitutionality of the words �under God� in the Pledge of Allegiance,
the constitutionality of the Texas Sexually Violent Predator Civil Commitment law,
and
 the Texas congressional redistricting plan.�

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 11/03/14.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Jack Welch to GOP: Run a real conservative in 2016

Republicans need to run a presidential candidate in 2016 like a Ted Cruz or a Rand Paul, not a Jeb Bush or a Chris Christie, management guru Jack Welch told CNBC on Monday.

Bush and Christie are "too middle of the road" to win the country, the conservative-leaning Welch said in a "Squawk Box" interview�a day before the 2014 midterm election in which Republicans hope to take control of the Senate.

"We have to give a hard look to [Sens.] Rand Paul and Ted Cruz," the former General Electric chief continued. "I saw Ted Cruz on your show the other morning. I thought he was fabulous."

Last week, Cruz, a tea party favorite from Texas, told CNBC the only way the GOP can win the White House in 2016 is to run a strong, conservative candidate. Otherwise, he said, presumptive Democrat Hillary Clinton will win. Cruz has been mentioned in political circles as a possible Republican contender in 2016, though he did not address the issue during his "Squawk Box" appearance on Thursday.

Welch agreed with Cruz, saying that playing to the middle has been losing strategy as evidenced by the losing campaigns of Sen. John McCain and former Gov. Mitt Romney.

"You got to give up on New York. You got to give up on California. Those are gone," he said. "Screw New York. You're going to lose New York. Forget it. Go to the country, this wonderful country, and present your ideas with an optimistic view."

"Ronald Reagan was attacked for the same things Ted Cruz is being attacked for," Welch said. "I would love to see the Republicans run somebody that they stand for."

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
HOUSTON, Texas -- Senators Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Mike Lee (R-UT) demanded that Attorney General nominee Loretta Lynch answer questions as to whether she approves of President Obama�s plans to issue executive amnesty to illegal immigrants in this country. The comments came in response to the nomination of U.S. Attorney Lynch by President Obama to be the next Attorney General of the United States.

�President Obama�s Attorney General nominee deserves fair and full consideration of the United States Senate,� the Senators wrote in a statement obtained by Breitbart Texas, �which is precisely why she should not be confirmed in the lame duck session of Congress by senators who just lost their seats and are no longer accountable to the voters.�

�The Attorney General is the President's chief law enforcement officer,� they continued. �As such, the nominee must demonstrate full and complete commitment to the law. Loretta Lynch deserves the opportunity to demonstrate those qualities, beginning with a statement whether or not she believes the President�s executive amnesty plans are constitutional and legal.�

President Obama reiterated his threat to take executive action on illegal immigration after Congressional leaders met with him on Friday. The President responded to warning from Republicans about taking unilateral action by saying he has waited two years for congressional action on immigration and that his decision to take this action should not upend chances for cooperation on other matters before the nation according to the Washington Post.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I would have liked to been a fly on the kitchen wall this day...
In Alaska, even the moose help with "Get Out The Vote" efforts. This little guy has been door-knocking since summer!

Even our friend Senator Ted Cruz got to see him in the yard this weekend when the Senator stopped by for a bowl of moose chili (I assured him he wasn't eating this adorable ungulate's kin!).

All over the political spectrum it's so important we all exercise our right to vote. Our democracy is the envy of the world, and to protect it our country's bravest have sacrificed more than most of us will ever know. To honor their service, please vote.
- Sarah Palin (6 moose photos on her Facebook page)

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Net neutrality 'puts the government in charge of determining Internet pricing, terms of service, and what types of products and services can be delivered, leading to fewer choices, fewer opportunities, and higher prices for consumers,' Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz wrote on Facebook.

'"Net Neutrality" is Obamacare for the Internet; the Internet should not operate at the speed of government,' he added on Twitter.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-net-neutrality-rules.html#ixzz3IjPoZ0p3
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Can Mitch McConnell keep his �No government shutdowns� promise?

An executive order on immigration could provide an opening for conservative Republicans to again oppose funding the government

Standing just feet from the Senate chamber Thursday, Sen. Ted Cruz made a declaration that should give Majority Leader-elect Mitch McConnell pause.

"The only people who have ever threatened a government shutdown have been President Obama and [Senate Majority Leader] Harry Reid,� said Cruz, the Texas Republican who is widely regarded as the mastermind of the GOP�s 2013 government-shutdown strategy. �They forced a government shutdown last year. Nobody on the Republican side wants to see a government shutdown,� he said.

Moments after Cruz spoke, McConnell held a press conference on the other side of the chamber to celebrate his election as leader. �We will not be shutting the government down or threatening to default on the federal debt,� he declared, repeating a promise he�d made at his victory press conference after his re-election.

McConnell�s promise, however, is easier said than kept. And Cruz�s remarks underscore why.

Cruz had made exactly the same argument in 2013, just hours before provoking the first shutdown of the U.S. government since the 1990s, a closure that lasted 16 days and came with a $24 billion pricetag. �Let me be very, very clear. I do not believe we should shut down the federal government. The only reason we might shut down the federal government is if President Obama and Majority Leader Harry Reid decide they want to force a government shutdown,� Cruz said in September 2013.

Now Republicans on the Hill say they are anxious for Cruz or like-minded House conservatives to again take up the charge as they stand up to what they see as Democratic abuse of the levers of power in a two-party system.

Whereas the 2013 shutdown came on the heels of Republican opposition to the president over funding the Affordable Care Act�which passed Congress in 2010 with only Democratic support�congressional conservatives today are itching for a fight over Obama�s expected executive order on immigration, which could delay or prevent the deportation of up to 5 million undocumented people.

Cruz has already vowed to do anything in his power to stop Obama from carrying out his plan, and told Yahoo News that the party should aim to �get past the lame duck and into the next session� before passing a long-term spending bill so that ousted senators are not setting the long-term agenda.

Meanwhile, a growing group of House conservatives who oppose immigration changes, like Steve King of Iowa and Virginia�s Dave Brat�whose ads against �amnesty� helped him defeat former Majority Leader Eric Cantor�are now telling reporters that they would support a shutdown strategy in an attempt to force Obama to face broad national consequences if he issues an executive order on deportations.

Speaker John Boehner of Ohio said that Republicans will fight �tooth and nail� against such an executive order. Like McConnell, Boehner says he�d prefer to avoid another shutdown. But unlike McConnell, he has not taken shutdown off the table.

And while Republican leaders remember the tumult that the shutdown caused for the party � GOP favorability plummeted to 28 percent � conservatives point to the 2014 midterms as proof the effort did not hurt Republicans in the least.

The shutdown threats have thrown more moderate Republican aides into a tizzy.

�Everyone saw what a disaster it was,� said one senior Senate Republican aide. �There�s got to be a better way to succeed than shutting down the government. We have to be smarter than that.�

Republican aides approached for this story � especially on the Senate side, where GOP leaders are still high on their takeover of the majority � say the effort to fund the government will likely be �messy� and �difficult� if Obama issues the executive order before they can move on a spending bill of some kind.

Congress needs to approve some sort of spending bill before Dec. 11, when the current government-funding bill is set to expire.

Those Republicans who want to keep the government open disagree over the best way to do so.

Republicans could pass a short-term continuing resolution, a stopgap measure that maintains current spending levels, to keep the government open until the new year, when the new GOP Senate majority would have a greater say on how government money is appropriated. Before the threat of executive action, this was the prevailing position of conservatives who want more immediate influence on spending issues.

But establishment GOP leaders argue that approving a longer-term spending bill through the end of the fiscal year would not diminish the influence of the 2015 Republican majority. They have told members that approving this medium-term bill could help them restore the appropriations process by allowing the GOP-led Senate Appropriations Committee to write the sort of full, individual spending bills that were once the annual congressional norm.

That argument, however, has left some conservatives unsettled and worried that it means Republicans would be shirking their responsibility to take set spending levels and slash government spending as soon as they can. If unhappy conservatives decide en bloc not to vote for a long-term bill, and there�s no short-term alternative already worked up, a shutdown would ensue.

Confronting a shutdown even before taking up his post as majority leader would not be an ideal scenario for McConnell, given that Republicans are still going to need to experiment with how they will find the required 60 votes to break a filibuster on any bill. A spending bill that attracts a Cruz might not be able to pick off the moderate Democrats McConnell would need to get a bill through to the president�s desk.

At the same time, Democrats could gain politically in the short term if the Republicans deepen their rifts even before they�ve assumed the majority, or if they fail to find enough votes for any spending bill.

Democrats could benefit in other ways if Obama issues an immigration executive order before the government is funded in the lame-duck session. His move would help restore bonds with Latinos and advocacy groups who expected the order to be issued before the election. And it would force Republicans to put up or shut up on the shutdown threats, grinding the gears of government to a halt over what Democrats will surely paint as a last-ditch effort to keep Latino families together in the face of Republican opposition to immigration reform.

Reid, who will be minority leader in 2015, is backing Obama�s potential executive action.

�I strongly support the president�s use of his well-established authority to provide relief to families who continue to suffer under our broken immigration system. The President can and should act to provide this relief,� the Nevada Democrat said in a statement last week. �It is incumbent on responsible leaders within the Republican Party to work with Democrats and complete the business of keeping the government open in the coming weeks, regardless of when the President acts to provide relief to families.�

http://news.yahoo.com/can-mitch-mcconnell-keep-his--no-government-shutdowns--promise-203900896.html

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Like taking candy from a baby. Almost as funny as those who post on here giving constitutional advice to Cruz who has stood in front of the Supreme Court.
on Breitbart TV 17 Nov 2014

On Sunday�s �State of the Union� on CNN, Sen. Al Franken (D-MN) criticized his Republican colleague, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) for his stance on the net neutrality issue.

�[Cruz] has it completely wrong and he just doesn't understand what this issue is,� Franken said. �We have had net neutrality the entire history of the Internet. So when he says this is the ObamaCare, ObamaCare was a government program that fixed something, that changed things. This is about reclassifying something so it stays the same. This would keep things exactly the same that they've been. And the pricing happens by the value of something."

Cruz�s office insists Franken missed the junior Texas senator�s earlier point in his criticism of the net neutrality proposal put forth by President Barack Obama. In a statement provided to Breitbart News from Cruz spokeswoman Catherine Frazier, putting regulation in the hands of the government bureaucracy, specifically the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), would be a �radical and extreme� measure.

"In his remarks in Austin on Friday, Senator Cruz criticized net neutrality for the precise reason it would keep the Internet 'the same' as Senator Franken said,� the statement explained. �Allowing the government to regulate the Internet as a public utility would freeze innovation and prevent progress. It's radical and extreme to put the future of the Internet in the hands of a 5-member FCC panel influenced by lobbyists and politicians and unaccountable to regular, working Americans."

During that speech in Austin, Cruz illustrated the rationale behind that statement, by pointing out the differences in regulation of the Internet, currently under Title I of the Telecommunications Act, and Title II, which would allow for stricter FCC controls.

�This,� Cruz explained, pointing to an old landline telephone, �is regulated by Title II.�
�This is not,� he continued, holding up a smartphone. �Your smartphone, the Internet, the apps � all of this is outside of Title II.
The innovation is happening without having to go to government regulators and say, �Mother, May I?��

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Page 12 of 19 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 62 invisible), 2,425 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,444
Posts18,489,550
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.