Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton
� I might not have shot this small buck except that this is the first time that I have taken [this rifle] hunting after receiving it as a gift back in August. Thank you again Dr. Howell.

[Linked Image]

Giving goodies to special friends has been a habit for fifty, sixty years. Druther give something of value to a friend rather than be robbed by a stranger.

For example, a certain utility trailer that was worth (then � early 1960s) at least $500. I advertised it for $200. Several guys looked it over, but none of them wanted to shell-out more than $50 for it.

So I gave it to a friend who used it a couple of times, then gave it to a mutual friend who hauled hay with it for many years (probably still does).

Got to be a habit � pickups, van, trailers, handguns, long guns, optics, other pricy albatrosses.

A very neat way to make life simpler by eliminating unnecessary hassles.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A selfless act with genuine gratitude in return is one of the best experiences in life ain't it?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by pira114
A selfless act with genuine gratitude in return is one of the best experiences in life ain't it?

It certainly is! sadly there are many who will never get "it".

That's one of the things I really like about the "Fire" there are many here who Do get "it".

A big hearty GFY (aka; good for you) Ken.

Last edited by 12344mag; 11/20/14.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
i like it, Dr. Ken!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
What a lame excuse to kill a young buck. Just come out and say you suck as a whitetail hunter, deny kids a chance at a buck like that an have no trigger restraint.

IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
...pricy albatrosses.

That is exceptional wordcraft, Dr. H.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Druther give something of value to a friend rather than be robbed by a stranger.

I do understand and have given lots of things away myself, but this was a big deal to those of us deemed a good enough friend to be on the receiving end. I know that certain gifts were limited and I am sure the choices of the ones to receive were not easily made. It is something that I think will be a campfire legend, and will be talked about at the gatherings for many years to come. Again, Thanks. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Since I know both of you, I know what it means to each of you... good show amigos.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good morning Kent. How goes things with you? miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I'm all healed up, headed to work, interviewed for a cushy job yesterday, taking a jr hunter out for javalina tomorrow, granddaughter orders me around, got a new for me 5th wheel for when you come fishing, smallmouth having been going crazy at Apache, coues hunting coming up...

otherwise chitty...

Kent

IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Your special friends are blessed, Ken.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Not just the physical gifts, but your time, knowledge, sense of humor, and your willingness to share them all without limit, without condition, and without hesitation are the things we appreciate about you, Ken.

I have also been the recipient of Ken's generosity and cherish all of it.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Good morning, guys. I'm glad to see everyone doing well. A top-o-the morning to you Dr, it's good to see any of your posts.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Not just the physical gifts, but your time, knowledge, sense of humor, and your willingness to share them all without limit, without condition, and without hesitation are the things we appreciate about you, Ken.

Ed

Nailed it...
I couldn't say I better, and I won't try.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
At least one Campfire fecalneuric likes to imply that my friends have become my friends because I've given 'em nice things.

180� off-course, Buddy Boy! (A simplicity beyond your ability to comprehend, I know.)

One of my eternal regrets is that I don't have enough of anything to give something of value to every one of my friends � many of whom I haven't even met yet.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

Ed

This. In spades.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
+1

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
What a lame excuse to kill a young buck. Just come out and say you suck as a whitetail hunter, deny kids a chance at a buck like that an have no trigger restraint.

This bespeaks an obsession that puzzles me no end � the urge to sh�t in everyone else's bowls of pudding. Can't imagine the imagination that gives rise to it or any satisfaction that it may provide.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice job on assembling fecalneuric, Ken. I have long had coprophagic tucked into my little box of tricks, and your invention is a welcome addition. Ain't philology fun?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've found that good deeds comes back ten fold in return.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (163bc, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 69 invisible), 2,599 guests, and 1,340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,716
Posts18,475,621
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.