Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Imagine that.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Seems her inner orangutan got the best of her.

LOL
okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
laugh

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by BarryC
I thought off-duty cops hired for security had the same liability exposure as regular citizens.

They don't. They maintain their qualified immunity when off duty.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The store manager is named Missy (all the woman that answered the phone would tell me) the store phone number is 239-437-1880.

Walmart corporate number is 800-925-6278.

The fired loss prevention guy is named Daniel Bresson, if you care to call and try and help the guy out.

I called the store and corporate. Disgusted.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I thought off-duty cops hired for security had the same liability exposure as regular citizens.

Its not just the liability, its the role the Cop uniform plays. Everybody understands what the role of an LEO is and that the LEO is trained and employed to enforce the laws and to detain and arrest people if necessary. Heck, even our local big chain grocery has armed and uniformed security in their parking lots 24/7.

Frankly I'm stunned that a Walmart anywhere would countenance regular employees, even in Loss Prevention, actually fighting with suspected shoplifters out in the parking lot.

I deal with a situation similar to this most every day at work, on duty with a radio outside of school at closing time. Mostly the goals are to prevent fights and egregious drug deals, and especially to watch for non-students of various descriptions intending harm to our students (even if the students in question might deserve it).

Last year we even had a mom and her teenage daughter (not one of ours) walk onto campus looking to kick the crap out of a girl on our campus (the ex-con father had sense enough to wait across the street, the whole thing was obviously the mom's idea). Worse, they even jumped the kid right there in the parking lot right in front of me grin

I have no idea what the mom expected to happen, but she seemed surprised when she and her 17 yo daughter were restrained and cuffed by our Cops and later handed over to the SAPD on a number of counts.

Just a pair of eyes and ears on a radio out there stops 99% of it, and I wouldn't dream of actually physically intercepting a kid attempting to flee, even where I could. The only time I'll physically intervene is to run interference on a fight, for example in that three-way catfight I restrained wrists so chunks of hair wouldn't actually get torn out, but thanks to the radio help arrived in moments.

I realize this is all pretty pedestrian stuff compared to what the Cops on this site have to deal with, but, the Walmart analogy does apply.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I guess I'll be the one to say it.

If his company rules say no physical contact, then he violated company policy and got what he deserved.

The idiot shoplifter got what she had coming too. She deserves to be in jail.

But the loss prevention guy signed up to do a job. A specific job with specific rules. Don't like those rules? Get them changed or find a new job.

I'm no Wal-Mart lover. This opinion would hold true for any employer/employee.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If his company rules say no physical contact, then he violated company policy and got what he deserved.

Does the company rule so no contact?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ringman

Does the company rule so no contact?

Yep. At least the article quotes Wal-Mart as sayin so

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (1minute, 1234, 1badf350, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 55 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,565
Posts18,491,815
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.