Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 21 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
To the top. For the Uber 22-250-08 crowd

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well here's another question, flave when you got back to shrap's truck did you set on a bucket in the bed and slide the rear window open like a catholic at confessional or did you walk right up to him and plead for forgiveness?

Be glad you didn't have .308 ammo then you'd be taking a DNA test to see see if ole' shrap was your pappy in kaboom!

GFY, Go For Yotes~

Great story...who's he calling a pollock?

laugh

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I just confessed as plainly as I could. I only lie I could be charged criminally or administratively. Otherwise, I have nothing to hide.

Yotes and birds have been good to me this season. Big game? Can't end soon enough... grin.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
There are still over 200 head of elk, unmolested on that mountain. I watch it at least once a week. Maybe next year at the invitational something or someone will change...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Maybe next year at the invitational something or someone will change...

Words hurt.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

I actually thought I hid that in that sentence pretty good, but not good enough...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I liked it.

A lot.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shrap seems like you should have lots of locals knocking on your door for a honey hole like that!

Flave, you are alright in my book..put it out there and take it like a man!

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Re: Grizzlies hunting hunters. [Re: MILES58]
eyeball
Campfire Oracle

Originally Posted By: MILES58
If crows and eagles are smart enough to home in on a shot to get the leftovers, why would we we expect less of a bear?

A bear could really become enraged if followed Col Travis on an elk hunt?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eyeball
Re: Grizzlies hunting hunters. [Re: MILES58]
eyeball
Campfire Oracle

Originally Posted By: MILES58
If crows and eagles are smart enough to home in on a shot to get the leftovers, why would we we expect less of a bear?

A bear could really become enraged if followed Col Travis on an elk hunt?

Not to mention hungry...

IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
There are still over 200 head of elk, unmolested on that mountain. I watch it at least once a week. Maybe next year at the invitational something or someone will change...

I think you could make big bucks taking a certain fire member elk hunting - again. wink

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Col Travis, this reminds me of my first deer hunt with Dad a long time ago. I was about three years old and we climbed a steep high ridge above the Pecos River. He had borrowed a long range rig from a pal on an oil rig. Marlin lever 30-30 but it had one of them new fang led things called a scope. A little buck came by down in the flat and Dad missed it. I remember the heartbreak and I'll never forget it.

Tell little Travy I'm sorry and I hope he gets over it. frown

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by deflave

I drop down to a knee and move back. 'WTF could be causing this?' I look around for a stick long enough to run down the barrel and then a thought enters my mind. 'It won't extract and it won't fire because it's a 22-250 case!' I angle the gun so I can see the headstamp in the sunlight and sure as Gruff is gay, I see "250 Win" light up in the chamber of my 7-08. "FUGGG!!!!"
repeatedly whisper "C*nt, fugg, Wish I bought a Sako..." etc. I look back at the cows and as I do I hear "tink." I look in the snow and there is a 22-250 cartridge laying in the snow. "HAHAAHA! Fugg yeah!" I whisper.

I wonder if the inability to match roll stamps with head stamps is a MT thing, or are you originally from Tejas, or maybe Oregon?

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Chitt happens to guys who leave Texas and move to Montanny. Some start chasing sheep and some go tranny.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by eyeball
Col Travis, this reminds me of my first deer hunt with Dad a long time ago. I was about three years old and we climbed a steep high ridge above the Pecos River. He had borrowed a long range rig from a pal on an oil rig. Marlin lever 30-30 but it had one of them new fang led things called a scope. A little buck came by down in the flat and Dad missed it. I remember the heartbreak and I'll never forget it.

Tell little Travy I'm sorry and I hope he gets over it. frown

I fail to see how you can compare a schitty hunt in Texas, to a great hunt in Montana.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 4321

I wonder if the inability to match roll stamps with head stamps is a MT thing, or are you originally from Tejas, or maybe Oregon?

Uh-oh. Another creepy fugg that created a new account just to talk about me.

If you had a vagina, I'd be flattered.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

There aren't 5 guys total, on the Campfire that could have pulled this hunt off. After a few more pages, I may reveal more about this hunt than anyone reading this could possibly ever guess...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
why wait?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Uh, can anyone with two fitty ammo in an 08?

grin

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

There aren't 5 guys total, on the Campfire that could have pulled this hunt off. After a few more pages, I may reveal more about this hunt than anyone reading this could possibly ever guess...

Spill your guts.

Page 17 of 21 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (10Glocks, 35, 308ld, 808outdoors, AdventureBound, Bclark, 6 invisible), 1,139 guests, and 778 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,687
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.