Hop To
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by ingwe
Not Making fun Doc...seriously...WTF is up with the roosters?

Remember when Birdy said they don't identify to Mexico down there? That's why they love roosters.

Because it's a Texas thing thang.

Travis

Yeah. And pitbulls. You gotta have a pitbull. Even I got one now.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I don't want a pit bull.....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
... that's okay. If you move here, your neighbors will have plenty to go around.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
doesn't everyone have a rooster?

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Im gonna get a rooster next trip....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
You questioned....IME South Texas Hispanics are exceedingly easy for a White guy to live among,

You questioned.... Part of their good nature I attribute to the fact that most have been here for at least three or four generations and do NOT identify with Mexico

I've only been in Texas for a bit less than four years, and this has also been my observation. Totally different from the radicalized SoCal culture I came from. Some of the most conservative people I've ever met are South Texas Hispanics. It's not uncommon to run into blonde-haired, blue-eyed people here named Garcia or people with Hispanic features named Wilson. But don't call them Mexican-American or anything else. The thing about Texans... is that they are TEXANS... and Americans. After all, it wasn't just Anglos who defended the Alamo.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My MIL is whiter than white - leaning hard toward KKK....and she has lots of roosters. confused

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

Rooster Cogburn... Rooster Poobah. I suppose you do share certain behavioral tendencies...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage

I've only been in Texas for a bit less than four years, and this has also been my observation. Totally different from the radicalized SoCal culture I came from. Some of the most conservative people I've ever met are South Texas Hispanics. It's not uncommon to run into blonde-haired, blue-eyed people here named Garcia or people with Hispanic features named Wilson. But don't call them Mexican-American or anything else. The thing about Texans... is that they are TEXANS... and Americans. After all, it wasn't just Anglos who defended the Alamo.

You and Birdy should do a Wal-Mart run the 1st of December. In Laredo.

Take a Go-Pro so we can all witness those super conservative, blonde hair, blue eyed, English speaking Mexicans that don't identify with Mexico.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Or, better yet. Make it Eagle Pass...

Laughin'...

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Boise
It's all a culture thing - it depends on the morals and values you were taught as a child. I've spent some time around dirt poor Mexicans and the children were respectful and well behaved. No wonder when these individuals are given the chance to contribute to a society they are successful.

On the other hand, many blacks are raised and lead to hate ALL non-blacks, to see drug use as acceptable, stealing, robbing, fathering children, as all acceptable. To view formal education as a waste of time, to view hard work with disdain, to believe everyone is out to get them, to always think of themselves as a victim. No wonder they are not fitting in with the rest of the American society.

Amen to that!!!!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage

Rooster Cogburn... Rooster Poobah. I suppose you do share certain behavioral tendencies...

Now I'm torn, but I think I'm onto something.

Should it be Rooster Ingwe... or Rooster Poobah???

What say ye?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
change the demographics, and the culture from being Northern European based to being spanish/south american based.

Spain is in Europe last I checked..

+1 Don't let facts get in the way

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I dunno how it is in Corpus, but we only got English-speaking roosters in my neighborhood ("cock-a-doodle-doo"), nary a Spanish-speaking pit either (OK, maybe the dogs answer to Spanish too I dunno).

EVERY neighborhood in America needs roosters, the morning is always better with a rooster in it, somewhere. Sorta like a public service announcement.

Even Jesus expected roosters.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
the flood of hispanics in the past few years has nothing to do with 'integrating' into the American main stream. They don't/won't speak English, they are strictly here for a free ride, they bring disease, pestilence and crime with them, and they are ILLEGAL.
We don't need or want a damn one of 'em.

I don't think the Hispanics and Asians will be able to keep from integrating into the mainstream over the course of a couple of generations.

It's already been shown that they do,..and have been for a long, long time.

Yep.

Where I live, Hispanics outnumber Anglos 4 to 1. But there's not a whole lot of difference between the two groups. We all drive pickups and wear cowboy hats, boots & jeans. Other than the grandmas, everybody speaks English (although most speak at least some Spanish). We all go to church, most families are led by a married heterosexual couple, and almost everybody works at a real job. Oh, and the last few elections were freakin' owned by the Republican party.

Hispanics don't subscribe to "white guilt". For the most part they're strongly prejudiced against blacks, actually. The overriding sentiment I heard down at the truck stop this morning about Ferguson was contempt for the rioters and all those who stirred them up, including Obama, CNN, and Sharpton.

Yep, Obama's idea to let in a bunch of Hispanics so they'll vote Democrat is sure workin' out for him here.

You are describing Mexican Americans in Texas, Doc.

It's taking a long time for folks to learn what some of us have known for a long time;

The division that will doom us is urban/rural...... not ideology or race.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Yep. People that live in rural areas don't vote in favor of welfare programs.

And all those Messkins are going to keep Texas red.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
I think you may be prejudiced.....

You may want to gain an affinity for roosters before you move.

In your yard. All the time.

Travis

Yeah...I asked about that earlier. What is up with that? Roosters everywhere...ceramic roosters, china roosters, wax roosters....WTF?

I really liked the 5 foot candle display in every grocery store of religious candles.

I couldn't find a Youtube video of "I'm gonna raise chickens in Alamo Heights".

Woulda fit good here. grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I dunnu what GFY is in Spanish, the nearest equivalent always seems to involve someone's mom.

"vete ala verga" so I amagine VAV would suffice ?

Last edited by AKA_Spook; 11/25/14.

.... like tears in the rain
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Something I just recalled.

We went to Cedar Key, Florida back in the summer. Spent the night in some little town about 40 miles south of Macon.

There was a little strip mall across from the hotel that had a pretty decent Mexican restaurant in it so we went over to have dinner.

The staff was composed of young Hispanics,..probably the children of immigrants,..and they were conversing with the customers and each other in english which demonstrated a classic southern Georgia accent.

It was fairly obvious that they were just "folks" and the people at the restaurant responded to them as if they were just "folks".

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Or, better yet. Make it Eagle Pass...

Ah, now I see the source of your confusion...

At any given time more than half the people in the HEB in both Laredo and Eagle Pass will be actual Mexican Mexicans, they come across the bridge to shop.

The other half will be almost entirely Border Tex-Mexicans which are quite different from regular Tex-Mexicans. Regular Tex-Mexican high school kids make jokes about Border Tex-Mexican high school kids all the time, probably because their football teams are even smaller. They say stuff like everybody on the football team is named Jose and that everybody on the whole team is everybody else's cousin.

I dunno if these are true statements.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 204guy, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 54 invisible), 2,434 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,308
Posts18,487,182
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.