-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fair enough, time will tell. I'll shoot one when I get an opportunity. Not sure if anyone in Idaho is a dealer at this point. Hoyt and Mathews make up 80%+ of the sales around here with the rest (Pse, Bear, Prime, Bowtech, etc) wrestling for the other 20%. Lots of die-hard fans of each it seems. My cousin came up with the "Inner Cam" rotating draw length adjustments for Hoyt back in the late '90's and was in charge of their engineering department until 2009 when he changed companies - could be part of my bias toward Hoyt. Fun guy to talk to with my engineering design and archery background.

Last edited by centershot; 12/26/14.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Wish I had a dealer closer than 2-3 hrs away to try one. I may go for a road trip sometime this winter just to see what they shoot like.

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Idaho.....contact Tom Parkinson of Park n Sons Archery. He around Mountain Home I believe. Tell Tom I sent ya. He is a great guy. Very knowledgeable. Builds a heck of a set of strings as well. PM me and I'll give ya Tom's number

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a great local shop and it would really take something special to not patronize the shop one mile away for one a hundred miles away. If you know what I mean. I suppose if he is serous about promoting them he will show up at the local shoots. In fact MVB is having a Vegas Shoot the end of January - if he were to show up and put a whoppin' on the Wilde bunch and a few other Hoyt and Mathews pros that would be a real feather in his cap!

Last edited by centershot; 12/29/14.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by centershot
I suppose if he is serous about promoting them he will show up at the local shoots. In fact MVB is having a Vegas Shoot the end of January - if he were to show up and put a whoppin' on the Wilde bunch and a few other Hoyt and Mathews pros

We know that isn't going to happen (whoppin on the Wilde's). There only a select few shooters in the world that can beat them boys. Those shooters all shoot for Hoyt for the most part. Mathews has a couple and maybe PSE (if Cousins is still shooting for them). Obsession doesn't list any "Pro Staff" on their site. I wonder what they would pay in contigency money?

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 12/29/14.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Dammit!

You got me second guessing myself! Whatever that camo pattern/color is with the red cams, I love it. Awesome looking bow and from all reports shoots just as good as it looks. Although is the Fusion worth $100 more than The Evolution, I wonder.....

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
From your other post.

Originally Posted by MojoHand
I REALLY like this bow and am amazed at how far tech has come.

Don't doubt yourself. smile Like guitars and shotguns, "liking" it is a really big deal.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Mojo I'll let you know in about 3 weeks. My fusion 6 should be here. From what I am hearing the answer is yes

Custom Strings/Tuning
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
Idaho.....contact Tom Parkinson of Park n Sons Archery. He around Mountain Home I believe. Tell Tom I sent ya. He is a great guy. Very knowledgeable. Builds a heck of a set of strings as well. PM me and I'll give ya Tom's number

Tom is a personal friend and a heck of a good guy with a lot of archery background. I can provide you his contact information as well. I think he has a Facebook page as well. He was singing the Obsession bow's praises long before he became a dealer.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I bought an Evolution last year. As a short draw lefty, I seldom find a bow to fit me on the rack. Shot one right handed, said "oh, s**t" and handed it to the dealer with my visa card.

280 has it right. FYI, my other two bows are a Mathews SBXT and a Bowtech Admiral. The Evolution is a remarkable blend of ease to shoot, practical accuracy and speed. And their camo patterns are darn good looking, too.

IC B3

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Cousins has never shot for PSE.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I believe he was shooting a Prime at the Utah Open.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
You maybe right. I see he is now shooting for Prime. I know after the divorce with Hoyt I saw him shooting a PSE. Of course that doesn't mean he was shooting for PSE.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He had a few issues with 'childish behavior' a few years back that Hoyt did not put up with. I think he has been carrying himself much better after that episode and is now a very competitive again. He was smokin' hot at Vegas last year until he shot a 9 (299 29X first day). Someone like that could be exactly what Obsession needs to get on the map.

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
May be a while before Dennis takes that step. In the mean time the bows speak for themselves.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday is an old adage that still rings true and archery is no exception. At least Hoyt and Mathews think so and they tend to put up big $ for magazine adds letting everyone know. I hope Obsession soon finds themselves in a position to give the big boys a run. Looking at their current lineup they really don't have much for a target shooter.

Last edited by centershot; 01/02/15.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know. Few things I hate more than having to pay extra money to fuel a manufacturers overblown advertising budget (shows, teams, ads, whatnot).

Seeing as manufacturers pass those costs on to their customers I would like to think that with a company like Obsession I'm paying for more bow than blow with my money. Yes, I know advertising is necessary but the less I have to pay for the better.

There are companies out there who build a great product and don't sponsor people to use said product. People (pros and the rest of us) pay out of their own pocket because they recognize the quality and think it's worth it. Santa Cruz Guitar Co. comes to mind...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
True that, but when the company that does not advertise/have staff shooters, etc. charges as much as the one that does, where does that $ go?

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I give up. You pay the big advertisers big money....you get fancy ads/big name shooters and a decent bow. Obsession doesnt do all that, so....you get a better bow.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's what I am assuming....(course you know what assuming does...) laugh

I also realize OB doesn't have the volume of some of the others so you'll pay a little more, but I don't think I've heard anything but rave reviews on the OB's. And seeing as many of the reviews aren't by paid spokesmen or fanboys (for many it's their first OB) I have to think you're getting a little more for your money.

Now whether they're worth the price is, of course, up to the buyer. But whether I keep my PSE for a while and then trade up or just buy a second bow, I will be giving Obsession a good, long look (and hopefully be able to actually shoot one).

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

189 members (204guy, 16penny, 1_deuce, 280Ackleyrized, 2ndwind, 300s, 25 invisible), 2,129 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,622
Posts18,474,027
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.