Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
EVERYBODY is racist somewhere, part of the human condition.

Only racists believe that.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Hispanic is a culture not a race, Mexican is a nationality, to be a Mexican you have to be born in Mexico.

Not really.

"Race" is an invented method of categorizing all the different types of people in the world in the loosest, broadest terms. Hispanic is a race. That's why the term is used when you have to check the little boxes on surveys.

While I would agree with your assertion regarding the term "Mexican" when discussing citizenship, I would argue that a person can absolutely be a Mexican despite where they were born.

If somebody were to ask me what ingwe is, and I replied "irish." That wouldn't be interpreted as his being born in Ireland. It simply implies he has bad genes.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Thats the nicest thing anyone has ever called me.....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Fer example Travis was ignorant of the fact that half the Mexicans in the Laredo HEB were actual Mexican Mexicans as opposed to American Mexicans. Furthermore, Travis was likely also ignorant of the existence of BORDER Tex-Mexicans as opposed to regular Tex-Mexicans.

In fact, to Travis, one Mexican apparently looks pretty much the same as another and he doesn't care to live around any of 'em. No problemo, except that to many American Mexicans around here at least, they think that MOST people who vote Conservative think that way and tend to lean Democrat.

And you Sir, being a probable American White Supremacist, are most likely lamentably and ironically ignorant about White people, or so says I, who's formative years were spent in a White Homeland back in the Old World while it was still lily White.

Understandable, I mean Montana is pretty far away from everything.

Birdwatcher

You obviously missed my point when I suggested you make those grocery runs on the 1st. The reason that was part of my wager is because the 1st is when all those welfare cards are re-charged. So what I'm trying to explain to your incredibly high intellect, is those Messkins are in fact legal residents of this country, and not "Mexican Mexicans" as you like to refer to them.

As far as all Mexicans looking the same, I can tell you that I am more than capable of distinguishing an El Sal from a Guat, a Oaxacan from a Mexican from Baja, and a girl from Monterrey from a girl from Taumalipas. And reading your posts more than guarantees you'd not be capable of same.

And while I could say many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many...many, bad things about Gruff. He is not white supremacist.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinI ain't racist. I HATE EVERYBODY!! UNTIL the individual has demonstrated his or her decent humanity and integrity. grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by tjm10025
EVERYBODY is racist somewhere, part of the human condition.

I must be one then...never met anyone who wasn't, to one degree or another...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Wired in our genes. There's always "us" and "them" , and "them" is always considered less. If skin color weren't available, something else had to to do. Was true in England where I grew up, and in Africa where everybody was Black.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

We've established that you dont want to live around any of them. No worries, ya don't have to.

Sad part is, it seems you REALLY dont see a difference, which is unfortunate given the critical role Texas Hispanics will have to play in keeping Texas a red state, without which we cannot elect Republican Presidents.

Like I said, a good many of 'em think Conservatives in general are about like yourself; White folks who cannot tell them apart from actual Mexican Citizens. Turns out in your case they are probably right.

Makes you just another useful idiot for the Left is all <shrug>.

Birdwatcher

Ahhh yes. The classic retort of the bleeding hearts that have been pumped full of white guilt. If I state the very fugging obvious, I am just another ignorant white guy.

I'm sorry that my stating south Texas is full of deadbeat, welfare receiving, spanish speaking, Mexicans. I know that's hard for some people to read. But is in fact, a fact.

And while I know talking to somebody as full of schit as you are, is a total waste of my time, I will add that you'd have a hard time convincing any white suburbanites posting on here, to let their white, teenage kids go walking around the east side of that schit hole you live in, after dark.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Wired in our genes. There's always "us" and "them" , and "them" is always considered less. If skin color weren't available, something else had to to do. Was true in England where I grew up, and in Africa where everybody was Black.

No. Racism is not "wired in our genes." The ability to distinguish differences and retain empirical data throughout a person's life will influence how they react to everything a person does.

From turning their hat backwards, to the color of the skin and the manner they walk.

It is not "wired in our genes."

Where do you people come up with this fuggin' horse schit?

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ingwe

Have another drink you dirty ass Mick...

Travis

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
the flood of hispanics in the past few years has nothing to do with 'integrating' into the American main stream. They don't/won't speak English, they are strictly here for a free ride, they bring disease, pestilence and crime with them, and they are ILLEGAL.
We don't need or want a damn one of 'em.

while it is certainly true to some extent of current illegals coming into the country, i have spent all of my 67 years in the southwest. I have friends of hispanic background i grew up with that spoke less spanish than i did.
and one of the people i hold dearest, he can trace his family, hispanic, back to the 1700's in new mexico.
It would be a mistake to overgeneralize.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by deflave

Have another drink you dirty ass Mick...

Travis

You know how to drive a Pollock crazy?

Put him in a round room and tell him theres a nickel in the corner......

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Bristoe
the flood of hispanics in the past few years has nothing to do with 'integrating' into the American main stream. They don't/won't speak English, they are strictly here for a free ride, they bring disease, pestilence and crime with them, and they are ILLEGAL.

I don't think the Hispanics and Asians will be able to keep from integrating into the mainstream over the course of a couple of generations.

It's already been shown that they do,..and have been for a long, long time.

they do integrate over time, I grew up that way, and my cousins/nephews are truely hypenated between various nationalities. spanish, mexican, indian, among them.
and there are a few posters on here from arizona that have the same mixed background.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 11/27/14.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

You know how to drive a Pollock crazy?

Put him in a round room and tell him theres a nickel in the corner......

You know how you get a one armed messkin out of a tree?

Shoot him.

grin

Travis

(Just a joke Birdy. Don't go cryin' in your horchata.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

I don't think the Hispanics and Asians will be able to keep from integrating into the mainstream over the course of a couple of generations.

It's already been shown that they do,..and have been for a long, long time.

you are losing sight of the facts here. In a couple of generations, hispanics will BE the 'mainstream'. The sheer numbers are going to change the demographics, and the culture from being Northern European based to being spanish/south american based.

i find some of this funny, let's see, spanish, spain. If i remember right spain is in europe.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As far as all Mexicans looking the same, I can tell you that I am more than capable of distinguishing an El Sal from a Guat, a Oaxacan from a Mexican from Baja, and a girl from Monterrey from a girl from Taumalipas.

Only folks I ain't familiar with personally on that list is Baja. I dunno how well I could call 'em tho, some seem obvious, some not, so I'll leave that to you. I'm more concerned with folks who confuse a voting block of ten million Texans with all of the above.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
As far as all Mexicans looking the same, I can tell you that I am more than capable of distinguishing an El Sal from a Guat, a Oaxacan from a Mexican from Baja, and a girl from Monterrey from a girl from Taumalipas.

I'm more concerned with folks who confuse a voting block of ten million Texans with all of the above.

The Mexican/hispanic vote is what will turn your state blue. You'd have to have your head buried in the political sand to not acknowledge that.

Travis

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by smarquez
It's a valid question, actually.

Immigrants don't come to America in order to live in the same squalor that they left behind.

And actually, Asians and Hispanics have been integrated into mainstream American society for generations.

To a great extent, blacks Americans never were willing or able to do the same.

It's interesting to speculate how it's going to play out.

Hispanic and Asian immigrants already have a base of westernized Hispanic and Asian culture in America to draw from and model themselves after,...and they don't harbor any ridiculous "guilt" about the plight of the blacks.

A study a while back on race showed that hispanics assimilated by the 2nd generation in income and education. My mom and all her sibs picked crops. Some of my cousins picked too but their kids are all white collar now and almost all married white people. They are succesfull and hard working and HELL on illegals and welfare. Blacks are still "struggling". I still firmly believe its a choice.

race and hispanics are an interesting thing for those of us raised around it. My hispanic relatives are blue eyed and light skinned. I could pass for pancho villa. I rail all the time about illegals, has nothing to do with mexicans in general. In most ways i would much much rather live in a hispanic based community than around the yankees.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Ron, I think the huge and recent influx of Mexicans into the southern US will result in Hispanic areas that will never integrate and may well become future no go zones. In Southern California there are millions who want the Stars and Stripes replaced by the Mexican flag and it is being flown over many businesses in Texas. They do continue to accept the EBT cards and free medical and hospitalization plans.

Last edited by eyeball; 11/27/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
As I'm sure you know, there's Hispanics all over the southwestern U.S. who were never immigrants.

IME South Texas Hispanics are exceedingly easy for a White guy to live among, South Texas is about the most colorblind place I've ever seen. "Race" here just doesn't seem to be an issue.

Part of their good nature I attribute to the fact that most have been here for at least three or four generations and do NOT identify with Mexico or any causes arising therein. In fact yer average South Texas Hispanic speaks little Spanish and can be spotted by the Dallas Cowboys and San Antonio Spurs decals on their vehicles.

The other part of their good nature I attribute to the fact that they ARE descended from immigrants: If ya go up into New Mexico a whole different kettle of fish. IME Hispanics there got local roots going back to before the US took over, and STILL have a chip on their shoulder about it.

I can walk with my wife in Texas and nobody GAS, up North in New Mexico I'll get hard looks from the local Hispanics, like we is interracial or some such.

Southern California Hispanics OTOH? It was like actually being in Mexico the time I went....

Birdwatcher

lot of truth in what he is saying.

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (35, 444Matt, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 9 invisible), 1,525 guests, and 772 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,303
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.