Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Dude:

Yesterday, somebody advised you to change the info in your profile. Did you miss that one?

Last edited by tjm10025; 11/30/14.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
$20,000 gross a year is a hobby........
But you want to value it at $2.5 mil.......(20% for $500k)
No patent, no plan, no business experience.....
This is why some are wondering if this is a joke.
You need to find companies or individuals who want to buy your ideas,
then keep pumping out your ideas......

I wish you good luck and hope you make a lot of money.

Have Dog

Will Travel

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm guessing you're not a scam artist because frankly a scam artist would put forth a better effort/presentation. So far there's teepees, a steam pot, and an endorsement from a dumbaz; and you're selling these together with future ideas.You need to stop while you're ahead.

Originally Posted by eh76
Brian just ignore the peanut gallery.

Any of you hecklers actually look at his website? A small businessman trying to get off the ground. wink

wyominglostandfound.com

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
I'm guessing you're not a scam artist because frankly a scam artist would put forth a better effort/presentation. So far there's teepees, a steam pot, and an endorsement from a dumbaz; and you're selling these together with future ideas.You need to stop while you're ahead.

Originally Posted by eh76
Brian just ignore the peanut gallery.

Any of you hecklers actually look at his website? A small businessman trying to get off the ground. wink

wyominglostandfound.com

done, you will see this brand on store shelves come spring

mercy triumphs over judgement
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Op needs to write business plan, visit govt sites and get business certified with SBA and other state and govt entities. You will need to prove cash flow, profit margins, and all financial information. Business will need to show business and profit projections, including contracts with suppliers and buyers. Try selling to the govt via GSA contract. They will buy anything.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Originally Posted by antlers
April 1st is still 4 months away.

Pay no attention to the perennial jerk.

Still smartin' from your spankin' I see.

laffin'

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Looks like a fantastic idea. Looks to me like this would be the ticket for high country hikers and hunters.. Looks like you just need to advertise. A well advertised product no mater how good will sell.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It is kind of funny how many are so quick to point out your short comings, mostly from those to scared to try.

Keep your chin up and your debt low, you will do fine.
You're right about the patents, the Chinese don't honor them, and few are worth the money it takes to defend them, unless you
come up with a cheap anti gravity belt, don't waste your time or some one else's money.

You have some great ideas, but you need to build jigs, fixtures and simple robotic welders to increase your productivity.
And I would think long and hard about a "money man" per say, if you do your job well enough, you will have plenty of folks show up,that will want a piece of your pie.
And last of all, remember the "value" or free advise.
Good luck in all you do.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thank you Jimy!
I have to say that despite some negative (which will always be there in this life) the positive feedback from you guys has really boosted my spirit. being and staying sober is key for me to do this as well as my Faith in Jesus!

Thanks for all the advise and resources! wham

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimy
It is kind of funny how many are so quick to point out your short comings, mostly from those to scared to try.

Keep your chin up and your debt low, you will do fine.
You're right about the patents, the Chinese don't honor them, and few are worth the money it takes to defend them, unless you
come up with a cheap anti gravity belt, don't waste your time or some one else's money.

You have some great ideas, but you need to build jigs, fixtures and simple robotic welders to increase your productivity.
And I would think long and hard about a "money man" per say, if you do your job well enough, you will have plenty of folks show up,that will want a piece of your pie.
And last of all, remember the "value" or free advise.
Good luck in all you do.

scared to try? not hardly...i dont doubt he has good ideas, but he is asking for money with nothing to base it on....and i say this having helped successfully run two businesses and having had to sit down repeatedly with banks looking for money for equipment....the whole "doesnt believe in patents" tells me most of what i need to know that even if i had the money to invest with him my rate of return is going to be slim to none.

as someone pointed out he would be far better off scrapping his idea for being in business for himself and find a company to be an idea man for that will shell out the cash to go after patents on his ideas....not a damn thing wrong with that course of travel and a hell of alot of money can be made that way.....

but based on his posts on this thread he is not someone whos company just about anyone is going to invest in.....without patents in this day and age its a money loosing proposition cause the idea is not yours, anyone that wants to can make the EXACT SAME THING and you have no recourse.....he is also asking for investors in an idea of a company that is in his head which, he really should not have expected any other reaction, the fact he didnt is another red flag.....he is like any number of inventors ive come across, great ideas are one thing, investable ones are another....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
i hardly consider myself stupid.... i've been an idiot, but the idea that i will throw in the towel on this is ridiculous. i have invested too much time and energy as well as passion.

it's my baby... knock and watch it grow

some of you are real ass wholes and i am sure that after a 5 minute conversation with you, i am the one who would be headed for the door.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
by the way.... pfhuk the status quo

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
given your attitude towards patents and lack of a real interest to do what needs to be done to get your ducks in a row first before asking for money it aint going to be your baby for long...

and im not being an arsehole, im being realistic.....status quo or not, if you want investors you need to jump through hoops, if you dont want to do that its going to keep being a hobby until someone else files a patent on your idea and then sues your arse for patent infringement.......

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
let them try and steal the ideas and take me to court...
i have one thing they don't and it is very powerful...
The LORD!

pictures and dates don't lie..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by whambasted; 11/30/14.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Pictures and dates have little to no value for an investor.

Patents have value.

You may have the Lord, but they have Lawyers!

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Kickstarter will be your best bet, one product at a time. No need to convince investors, no money to put up, no one to pay back or have control of your company, and it does market research at the same time.

I'd be cautious about approaching investors directly at this point, as others have said you don't appear serious from the guy holding the money's point of view, and once they write you off it is impossible to get a second look.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
it is up to a judge, not a lawyer

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by whambasted
it is up to a judge, not a lawyer

You would be bankrupt before you ever made it to a judge.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some cool looking equipment! You've gotten some good advice.

Good luck to ya!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 1minute, 257 roberts, 1badf350, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,427 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,424
Posts18,489,150
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.