Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
'Stick has posted often that it was best to pick up the phone and call them, because they had a habit of accepting orders for stuff they didn't have when the order was placed online. I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them myself (by phone) and never had a problem. I will continue to do so. Nothing is ever perfect...

David

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bunch of babies whining about backorders.

Its call "first world problems"

I don't know if you can even call it that though. They make a good product for a great price. Its no surprise they run out of them. Just get in line and wait your turn.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by 222Rem
I strongly considered the 1-4X, but wanted a pair of 10's more, and figure I'd let some other guys field test the SS 1-4X for me first. There are lots of 1-4's on the market, but an overbuilt, mil/mil with reliable/accurate tracking for $260 is just a bit tougher to source. wink

I have pretty high hopes. I got one 3-9x42 MQ already shipped and on the way. One new style lit 1-4 $299 unit for a 30-30! and one 10x MQ backordered. Why no complaints? All the positive reports and I recently bought a used 6x MD - it's a substantial piece of optics. SWFA SS, what a bargain! If folks no likey - It's their problem. A Mil Mil burly 10x for $260 with rings and a level doodad thrown in too! Maybe they'll get enough market that the big boys will come to understand the importance of grown up erector sets? Way to persist Mr. F.!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bellydeep

Not whining, just stating facts. They have a habit of selling things they don't have in stock. If you don't mind the wait or being charged for products that are not in stock, then by all means, order away.

The problem I have with them is they never update their website to show an item out of stock. Case in point, none of the SS scopes are listed as out of stock on their website right now despite multiple people commenting that they are indeed out of stock.

Last edited by clark98ut; 12/02/14.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by clark98ut
Originally Posted by bellydeep

Not whining, just stating facts. They have a habit of selling things they don't have in stock. If you don't mind the wait or being charged for products that are not in stock, then by all means, order away.

The problem I have with them is they never update their website to show an item out of stock. Case in point, none of the SS scopes are listed as out of stock on their website right now despite multiple people commenting that they are indeed out of stock.

If you've decided you want a SWFA SS, it's pretty much a moot point - you're gonna wait. I can see where someone might get a little aggravated ordering something that was readily available at another site and getting a back order from SWFA. Even more so if you were trying to get something in a hurry for a trip....

David

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Think of it like ordering a Mickey. You just never know when it'll be "in stock".

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The hilarity continues...and it remains a constant theme,that them who do the LEAST,whine the MOST. Nothing new there,but the reiteration(s) are a fhuqking hoot!

VERY easy to get a person on the phone,ask questions and act in them accords. Hint.

I doubt that I'm privvy to much more than 50 Fixed Fhuqker purchases,in these last coupla days. Hint. Hell...I mighta even ordered myself. Laughing!!!

Lotsa folks put carts in front of ponies and the hilarity never fhuqking wanes. There were clear instructions on their(SWFA's) site,denoting the fact that ring height needed to be ascertained,or the ball wouldn't roll. Hint.

That was a FULL fhuqking page of CRYSTALLINE instructions,replete with fhuqking pictures. HINT.

I'm a people person and like to connect a voice to an order and was hardly "surprised",that the person answering the Black Friday phone,more than recognized my voice. Hint.

My schit shipped. Hint.

As did all the others,I was privvy to. HINT.

Not that I don't dig the Whining Dumbfhuqktitude of them oblivious to hint(s). Hint.

I can only lead you STUPID fhuqkers to water.

Hint.

Laughing.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Seems the only whiner were the one not even ordering. Pretend disappointment?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Both my scopes shipped with no problem. I don't think I've ever had an issue with SWFA.

Despite my user name, no I am not from Texas.........

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I ordered 3...all shipped...

Of course, I was smart enough to 1) order early in the sale and 2) pick my ring height

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The butt plate missing on that stock or am I simply not seeing it? I am going to drop test the $299 1-4. It's on the way.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
There's no recoil pad. It's an HTS stock, was getting inletted and bedded with the intention that I would finish and by the time it was done I only had enough time to zero, chrono, check comeups, and then we were on the road. Hasn't affected anything so I haven't bothered. Might do a flip flop.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Form:

What rings do you like for the SS? Apologies if it was mentioned earlier.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Form:

Depends on the application. Because of how many rifles and scopes I shoot I tend to stick to piccatinny base/ring setups. I would anyways as they are the strongest, most durable way to go. With that I default to Nightforce Ultralite rings, though I'm happy to use any that are good. The above 243win has some new EGW lightweight pic rings and I'm happy with them so far.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Thanks!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
TPS also makes decent rings. I've not tried their aluminum rings but I plan to. TPS actually makes a low tactical ring and Leupold doesn't.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I ordered a 6 X mil dot site says waiting to invoice and my CC has been billed. Who makes them for SWFA? Picked the low rings will they work on a std barrel contour?

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Form:

Depends on the application. Because of how many rifles and scopes I shoot I tend to stick to piccatinny base/ring setups. I would anyways as they are the strongest, most durable way to go. With that I default to Nightforce Ultralite rings, though I'm happy to use any that are good. The above 243win has some new EGW lightweight pic rings and I'm happy with them so far.

I'm not a heavy user of piccatinny base/rings or 30mm scopes so it's a bit of a new game for me, but I've been using Seekins low rings with a SS and have been very pleased with them. It's on a .22 so it's not eating a lot of recoil but I like the rings.

S
S
I use aluminum Tps rings over Egw aluminum rails on all of my short actions and rimfires. Long actions get something in steel for extra piece of mind, although probably not necessary.

S
S
I ordered a 6x42mq and a hd 5-20 on Friday morning, received both yesterday.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (358wsm, 300_savage, 358WCF, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 11 invisible), 1,269 guests, and 811 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,212
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.