Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 34 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 33 34
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by fish head
Not directed at anyone ...

This one won't turn out well. It is, on many counts, justifiably controversial.

It'll turn out fine for the cops, but not the citizens. Every time one of these things come up it results in less work for us. Remember "Family Violence"? We don't get 1/10th of the calls that we used to in regards to family disturbances. You know why? The woman loses her meal ticket. The get beat more than ever. I don't know where this will go, but I'd bet a paycheck that it will result in us doing less for the people who really need us.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Kevin, are you even going to acknowledge the conflicting medical reports?

In your omniscient examination of therry seconds of video, which report is correct?

Bump.

ETA-Nevermind. Slow computer.

Last edited by Bluedreaux; 12/03/14.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by GunGeek

First we determine whether or not someone acted in a manner consistent with policies and training. Then if they didn't there may be a crime.

The GJ determines whether there is PC to believe that a crime has been committed.

Policy and training are civil issues, not criminal.

And as posted earlier. The chokehold, while not "approved in policy" is not illegal atleast in NY

That same dept policy may not have allowed them to use the taser Kevin.

I just watched the video and i didn't see a "choke hold" persay to me it looked like he was attempting to get him on the ground. He didn't start saying he couldn't breathe until he was bent at the waist while on his side. At that point the cop didn't even have his arm around his neck

The actual Autopsy report states the cause of death as compressions to his chest, and prone positioning while being restrained.

The guy had Hypertensive heart disease. He was a walking dead man

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I don't think there will be violent demonstrations, but there will be demonstrations, hopefully peaceful.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This thread is eerily like the opinion of America. About half believe the guy who is responsible for everything has no culpability.

Sadly many expect cops to be only use just enough force for every altercation, never to hassle anyone, and to show up immediately whenever they need help.

Conversely colored thugs seem to get a complete pass, no matter how many past convictions, no matter if they resist arrest, no matter if they are trying to bash in a cops skull, they've just had such a poor sad life that their actions are 100% excuseable by those caring liberals and apologists.

Guess what liberals and independents, you've created this mess with your misguided policies and education system. Why don't you like it?

IC B2

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by gitem_12

First we determine whether or not someone acted in a manner consistent with policies and training. Then if they didn't there may be a crime.

The GJ determines whether there is PC to believe that a crime has been committed.

Policy and training are civil issues, not criminal.

And as posted earlier. The chokehold, while not "approved in policy" is not illegal atleast in NY

That same dept policy may not have allowed them to use the taser Kevin.

I just watched the video and i didn't see a "choke hold" persay to me it looked like he was attempting to get him on the ground. He didn't start saying he couldn't breathe until he was bent at the waist while on his side. At that point the cop didn't even have his arm around his neck

The actual Autopsy report states the cause of death as compressions to his chest, and prone positioning while being restrained.

The guy had Hypertensive heart disease. He was a walking dead man

The cops HAD to subdue him and they certainly didn't know of his asthma.

Last edited by djs; 12/03/14.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
GC

Policy = guideline

General order = shall not

And I watched the video and saw a takedown by the neck/head but I did not see a choke hold.

Last edited by TJAY; 12/03/14.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
This thread is eerily like the opinion of America. About half believe the guy who is responsible for everything has no culpability.

Sadly many expect cops to be only use just enough force for every altercation, never to hassle anyone, and to show up immediately whenever they need help.

Conversely colored thugs seem to get a complete pass, no matter how many past convictions, no matter if they resist arrest, no matter if they are trying to bash in a cops skull, they've just had such a poor sad life that their actions are 100% excuseable by those caring liberals and apologists.

Guess what liberals and independents, you've created this mess with your misguided policies and education system. Why don't you like it?

The irony of this is that those same people are the ones who request 95% of police services.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
But I'll admit that could change it from a homicide indictment to at least an indictment for battery.

So now police policy dictates what is a crime and what's not.

What an idiot.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Shame on America for not supporting cops killing the guy for an untaxed cigarette.

After all, with 31 arrests, a guy that sells untaxed cigarettes might do anything.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The irony of this is that those same people are the ones who request 95% of police services.

Truth

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Well the grand jury has spoken. Apparently, the DA did not present sufficient evidence to indict.

Seeing the video for the first time, it doesn't look like he was in a choke hold for more than a few seconds, and then complained of not being able to breath after he was out of the choke hold. Did they autopsy him...heart attack?

As take downs go, that didn't look that bad, why they were arresting him? I have no idea. Is that video the extent of the prosecutions case?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From now on, I think the cops should start flaging down pedestrians and ask for help.
"Say, we need to take this guy down, can you give us a hand?"

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Well the grand jury has spoken. Apparently, the DA did not present sufficient evidence to indict.

Seeing the video for the first time, it doesn't look like he was in a choke hold for more than a few seconds, and then complained of not being able to breath after he was out of the choke hold. Did they autopsy him...heart attack?

As take downs go, that didn't look that bad, why they were arresting him? I have no idea. Is that video the extent of the prosecutions case?

Yes. He died of a heart attack.

The Autopsy states cause of death as being compressions to the chest, and his body position while being restrained.

Kevin chooses to follow the "expert ME" hired by the family who states it was a choke hold that caused the heart attack

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had enough of this conversation. I'm not a godddaam race baiter, neither am I a racist. And I don't give a rats arse about the race issues here, just what the cop did; that's it!

You claimed he had his forearm over the trachea, but that's not what I see.
[Linked Image]

If what you said were true, there would be no way he could have SAID "I can't breath", which is clearly spoken several times

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The ME report said so.

It's there if you look for it.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I was kind of wondering,
How many people on here have tried to take down someone and cuff them?
How many people on here have tried to take down someone and cuff them that didn't want to be cuffed?
How many people on here have tried to take down a 350lb. someone and cuff them that didn't want to be cuffed?
Thought so.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No offense, but I honestly can't see why anyone would want to be a cop in this day and age. The majority of the people you interact with are the dregs of society (not which are worse, the perps, the lawyers, the politicians or the social activists), none of them appreciate the risks you take, everyone second guesses your every move, you are expected to be perfect at all times, in all things, and worst of all the politicians parade you out every budget cut cycle as the martyrs should the city coffers be found lacking.

I truly appreciate those who take up the calling of serving and protecting, what a thankless job!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

No offense, but I honestly can't see why anyone would want to be a cop in this day and age. The majority of the people you interact with are the dregs of society (not which are worse, the perps, the lawyers, the politicians or the social activists), none of them appreciate the risks you take, everyone second guesses your every move, you are expected to be perfect at all times, in all things, and worst of all the politicians parade you out every budget cut cycle as the martyrs should the city coffers be found lacking.

I truly appreciate those who take up the calling of serving and protecting, what a thankless job!

As do I.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

None taken...I don't really want to be one, but I don't know anything else and I'm really good at it. I started when Ronald Reagan was a rookie...but thank you!

Page 8 of 34 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 33 34

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

187 members (280shooter, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 19 invisible), 1,656 guests, and 937 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,335
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.