-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LMAO! Yeah, the "I'll take it" came in about 90 seconds after I posted the pics.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone know his turn time?

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I put in an order with Charlie last December, and haven't heard anything from him. He told me when I placed my order he was 10 to 11 months out.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He told me 10 months 14 months ago for my order
Patiently waiting

Michael Jordan once told me that no one likes name droppers.

I would like to give a shout out to sidewalks for keeping me off the streets
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by busterhindend
He told me 10 months 14 months ago for my order
Patiently waiting

He must have a lot of orders,he is usually right on time,in my past experiences.

Also,a thing called " life " sometimes gets in the way,when you're a one man show.Worth the wait

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They are definetly worth the wait. Life happens to all of us and we can't control it. If you watch the classifieds you will catch a May every now and then. But you gotta be fast!!

Reno

The time is drawing nearer for the American People to stand up for what they believe in. To stop having their rights trampled by the a$$holes in Washington D.C.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by robertacabin
I agree with Huntsman22. I think the skip jack is the most useful. Also a unique knife that you do not see from other makers.

I ground down the up-sweep on mine to make it more drop-point-ish....

[Linked Image]

I like your change on the tip. Very nice.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like with Gene Ingram sometimes both of them have a few cancelled orders and have a brand new knife waiting for sale.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
After looking at his web site Im really liking the Slitter.

Oh, and thanks for turning my on to this, I REALLY need something else to piss money into...... bastards....

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If anyone who is ordering a Charlie May knife wants mosaic pins (Barry Posner pins....THE best pins) please shoot me a PM. I've had many customs made by Charlie and wanted Barry's pins, so I ordered 2 one foot pieces that I believe he still has stock left over on them. If you want them, just send me a PM, and I'll contact Charlie and tell him to give them to you, free of charge. The one pattern pictured is stainless tubing with brass internal pins. Charlie used rather large ss corby bolts, and in my opinion they look to large and kinda take away from the beautiful wood scales he uses. He uses 1/4" bolts and mine are slightly smaller (closer to .200 diameter) and don't take away as much from the really nice scales he uses. I also should have some remaining stock of the same pattern/size, but they are stainless tubing with cooper internal tubing, and the copper fades/oxidizes very quickly and they look terrible. This pin is on a Bob White (small knife) and the pins don't look (distract) from the handle. The stainless pins shown, as I said, have stainless outter tubing, smaller inner stainless tubing with brass inside the smaller inner tubing. They don't fade/discolor AT ALL.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well, speak of the devil. Just got an email and these are on the way. Can't wait. This is his combo pack in S30V.
[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Ok here is the deal. All you knife people here on the campfire. Alert. He made these first two knives out of D2 and I wanted S30V. So Charlie has the knives above for sale in D2. If you want them call him. Merry Xmas and no wait. Good Luck the race is on!!!! Keep me posted and I want to know who gets them.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Charlie May,
662-605-0945 is his cell. and I don't know what he wants for them.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I really like Charlie's sheaths as well. They fit well, he uses good leather, and great stitching. I know some folks make fancier sheaths, but I've not found any I like better than Charlie's.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RDFinn
If anyone who is ordering a Charlie May knife wants mosaic pins (Barry Posner pins....THE best pins) please shoot me a PM. I've had many customs made by Charlie and wanted Barry's pins, so I ordered 2 one foot pieces that I believe he still has stock left over on them. If you want them, just send me a PM, and I'll contact Charlie and tell him to give them to you, free of charge. The one pattern pictured is stainless tubing with brass internal pins. Charlie used rather large ss corby bolts, and in my opinion they look to large and kinda take away from the beautiful wood scales he uses. He uses 1/4" bolts and mine are slightly smaller (closer to .200 diameter) and don't take away as much from the really nice scales he uses. I also should have some remaining stock of the same pattern/size, but they are stainless tubing with cooper internal tubing, and the copper fades/oxidizes very quickly and they look terrible. This pin is on a Bob White (small knife) and the pins don't look (distract) from the handle. The stainless pins shown, as I said, have stainless outter tubing, smaller inner stainless tubing with brass inside the smaller inner tubing. They don't fade/discolor AT ALL.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I love those pins RD. They are very nice. A very nice gesture as well.

Reno

The time is drawing nearer for the American People to stand up for what they believe in. To stop having their rights trampled by the a$$holes in Washington D.C.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ATROX
Well, speak of the devil. Just got an email and these are on the way. Can't wait. This is his combo pack in S30V.
[Linked Image]

A great set that will do most anything a guy could ever want!!

Reno

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Reno,
I think you had the ones like these above, your knives gave me the idea to have Charlie make these for me.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The ' Refuge" ,IMO is a good all a rounder & a "sleeper" model.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ATROX
Reno,
I think you had the ones like these above, your knives gave me the idea to have Charlie make these for me.

Yes I did. And more than once I have wished I still had them......

Reno

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Day in day I reach for my Slitter. Great knife, S30V/Scandi grind. Been carrying and using it for a few years now. Great choice.
Another favourite is the Tallahatchi. I pitched that one too Charlie and he ran with it. Makes a great pocket knife.
I also have his Bench Barlow. Mine resides on my fly tying desk where I have found lots of uses for it. Makes for a nice wittlin knife too.
I just received a Skipjack last week. Haven't had the opportunity to use it yet but it is very nice. Can see why Huntsman22 likes it.
I have a few more of Charlie's knives with another on order but so far, these are my picks.
You just can't go wrong with one of his knives.

Last edited by troutfly; 12/04/14. Reason: sp
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

647 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 78 invisible), 2,701 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,477
Posts18,471,652
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.