-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
March's warranty was 5 years. Did it change to 1 year?

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I own the scope you asked about and 3 different NF scopes also. My March is a 2nd FP scope but they do build FFP units.

My 42mm works great as a field scope, it appears that some here feel that their opinions are fact. They need to correct their ignorance, as it does not serve them well.

I have not found the eye box critical either, maybe I am easier to please. I find the glass in my March scope superior to my NF scopes. But in truth I have a Leica that resolves better to my vision than the March.

The March scope's are much lighter than the NF models. Only you can decide if thats is a good thing.

I much prefer the reticles that NF offers and my favorite scopes are my FFP NF scopes.

As a side note, every April the good folks at Kelbly's have a sale. Its worth waiting until then if March is your cup of tea.

The warranty is still 5 years as far as I know!

Good luck,

Randy

Last edited by rta48; 12/03/14.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by 300MAG
Originally Posted by Ringman
Only downside and a big one is the warranty.

What's the warranty?

I believe the warranty is 5 years with March scopes, but I know if there was an issue, Kelbly's would take care of it for you!!

I have not had a problem myself but at the match's I attend that has been the one and only gripe. If you do have a problem it is a big hassle to get fixed either by Kelbly's or March (Deon of Japan). really too bad that the best scope on the market has the worst service.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by rta48

My 42mm works great as a field scope, it appears that some here feel that their opinions are fact. They need to correct their ignorance, as it does not serve them well.

Randy

It is a fact. It can be measured. The 42mm version has a critical eye box and a finicky parallax adjustment. I have not met nor heard of anyone that knows what yhey are talking about, that feels differently.

There is a lot more to scopes that are going to be used away from the bench than "glass". "Glass" is the least important attribute of them all in fact.

March may make the benchrest scopes, I don't know, nor do I care. They do not make the best field scope. They have the features and if they did, they would dominate the LR sniper/Tac matches. They don't. They barely have a showing.

Ringman Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
They have the features and if they did, they would dominate the LR sniper/Tac matches. They don't. They barely have a showing.

Good argument.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
Ringman Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Great link! Thanks. Too bad the Bushnell weighs 32 ounces.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had the March scope on my 6.5 SAUM for a few months. I liked the size and weight, the zero stop, and the design of the turrets. The parallax was an absolute joke. 100 yards to infinity in about 1/8 of a turn. Usable power was 15X. At 24 the reticle washed out, and resolution got poor. IMO if you want more power, you need to go larger than 42MM objective.

I replaced it with a Bushnell 3-12X44 LRHS, twice the scope for half the money.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
scenar i hear the 4-16x42 PMII works well for a 42mm

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Please share with us this measured fact of which you speak. I am not trying to be argumentative at all just trying to separate fact from opinion.

I would truly welcome seeing these measurements and knowing the credentials of those doing the reporting. If it has substances so be it, but I want to see it to believe it.

Randy

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Ringman
They have the features and if they did, they would dominate the LR sniper/Tac matches. They don't. They barely have a showing.

Good argument.

Actually he does not make a good argument at all. at LR sniper/ tactical matches most shooters use a FFP scope. March only makes one FFP scope and it is obviously not very good at all.
Most hunters use SFP scopes and March makes several good ones.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

663 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 66 invisible), 3,257 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,380
Posts18,469,532
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.