Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Drilling = good thing and lower prices

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
GB4

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Now we can talk for days (and I�m sure we will, because people here are just incapable to sticking to the subject) about why we should drill domestically for oil.

But I would like to keep this discussion focused on domestic drilling and how it lowers the price of oil or gas at the pump. The intent is to bust the myths associated with this subject.

Very simple: Supply and demand.

If there's more supply and demand stays the same, prices will decline.

Oil is a fungible world commodity and the more there is on the world market, the lower the price will be assuming demand stays the same.

In a free market, no one "controls" the price. It's willing buyer/willing seller.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
GunGeek: "I", think drilling (and fracking!) domestically "really" lowers the price of oil/gas!
Apparently you are ignorant enough to think it doesn't???
Get yo'head out'a yo'ass boy!
Pay a little more attention to what has happened to the price of oil/gas in the last year and you won't be asking such stupid questions.
Sheesh!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Now we can talk for days (and I�m sure we will, because people here are just incapable to sticking to the subject) about why we should drill domestically for oil.

But I would like to keep this discussion focused on domestic drilling and how it lowers the price of oil or gas at the pump. The intent is to bust the myths associated with this subject.

It has already done so. Why do the think you the price has fallen so much? It is because America is becoming a major producer of Oil. The Saudis (who can produce oil and drill cheaper than we can) are showing US they are still the boss. All we have to do is play along and lower our production and Oil will go back up in price. Until we do the Saudis will continue to overproduce and keep the price cheaper than is economical for US to drill these Shale plays. They will actually recapture some of the market share they have lost because we can't drill at much lower prices.

Jim

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Remember guys, this was Gungeek's assertion back in 2011. We are now seeing the results of "Drill, baby, drill".

Islam is a terrorist organization.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BarryC
Originally Posted by eyeball
Man, I'm glad we had more drilling.

Yeah, that Sarah was totally wrong. wink

Yeah, I kept trying to tell you guys...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

We already have proof. When the supply of oil is reduced the price increases. Like when OPEC lowers production. When the supply is increased the price goes down. Like it is doing now.

[Linked Image from ]
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I always learn a bunch from these threads.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I paid as high as $3.84 last summer for premium, I filled up yesterday at $2.79.
Something is different.

.... like tears in the rain
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Supply and Demand is what controls the market and price, not where it is drilled. Drilling here just lower our dependent on Middle Eastern Oil

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i paid 3:08 for diesel this morning.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Supply will be curtailed by lower world oil price but a reduction in drilling from the Eagle Ford will probably not be part of it.

According to a Citi Bank report Eagle Ford east and west are both producable down to about $40/barrel. The Canadian tar sands and some of the Permian stop being econimical to drill at $50 or so. Supply will be reduced eventually and the market balanced.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well, maybe a better question; what is driving oil prices to $50 a barrel?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

The threat of $45:00 a barrel oil....

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Mostly worldwide demand is way down but production is way up. And it's not just US produciton, it's mostly OPEC. Saudi Arabia just can't resist this opportunity because they're unlikely to have it again. With oil under $80.00 per barrel, they can seriously screw the US fracking industry because every barrel that's fracked at these prices is a big money loser for US oil companies. At some point, they'll have to shut it down because this isn't sustainable.

Meanwhile, low oil prices means Iran is getting royally screwed also. So oil prices will fall and stay under $80.00 per barrel for at least a year, mark my word.

This isn't exactly a "real" market, it's artificially low for a very specific purpose.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Too funny, you can't admit you were wrong.

There is no such thing as a fake market, one of silliest things I've heard. There are a variety of forces that drive the world oil market, sometimes those forces drive prices up, sometimes they drive them down. But those forces, the market, and the price at the pump are all very real.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
With oil under $80.00 per barrel, they can seriously screw the US fracking industry because every barrel that's fracked at these prices is a big money loser for US oil companies. At some point, they'll have to shut it down because this isn't sustainable.

Most fracking is done to extract the Natural Gas.

The oil itself is a "by-product", and not really the reason for drilling and fracking

Claiming the market is "false" is, well, FALSE

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Most fracking in North Dakota is for oil.They are still trying to get the natural gas used up.ED K

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
UHHH, not me, the greed of man will see to that.

Trump Won!
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1936M71, 10gaugemag, 160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 56 invisible), 2,528 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,268
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.