Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CLB
I was an AT&T Uverse customer for a while and this sale to Frontier gave me a great excuse to bring in Comcast which I am thrilled about.

When they flipped the switch at AT&T, they effectively [bleep] over every Connecticut Uverse customer. I went 4 days with partial service, then 8 days with nothing. No phone, internet, or TV.

Had 2 technicians in my house, about twenty phone calls in a bunch of excuses....an epic cluster [bleep].

Most of the troubles stem from AT&T's handoff to Frontier. You know, kind of like a parting shot and rumors of sabotage on AT&T's part of the transition. Non compatible data bases ,routing and the likes.
Thank God I have the time in already, so it's only a few years before I pull the rip cord and retire.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by tjm10025

ATT sucks donkey balls. The entire corporation. I decided this about 15 years ago and see no reason to change my opinion of them now.

I agree but all big corporations today are just like AT&T. They are all still into "Affirmative Action" big time so most of the employees (and especially the managers) are not the most qualified people. I worked for AT&T for 30 years (Western Electric-20yrs. Southwestern Bell-10 yrs.) and have done contract work for them off and on for the last 20+ yrs. The sad thing is that when AT&T employees have to deal with different AT&T departments they go through the same misery the general public does. If you get somebody on the phone that you can't understand (which is usually the case) you can insist on talking to someone in the USA.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
So there I was on a sage rat hunting trip to Oregon, where my old friend lives. Oh NO! My AT&T cell phone craps out - dead. No matter, there's an AT&T store just up the highway from the hotel. I stop in and tell the pimple faced know-it-all behind the desk that I need a new phone. We agree on a phone and I give him my old one as the number is on a label stuck to the case. I also show him that my wife's phone number is also on the case - do not mix them up! He does his thing on the computer and away I go. Next thing I know is that I could only receive calls for my wife's phone, and I couldn't call out. A trip back to AT&T was a nightmare, they could only completely disable my wife's phone and reprogram mine. When I got back to California we had to go to another AT&T store and have a new SIM card installed in her phone.

We now use Tracfone for mobile phone calls, knowing that we have OnStar in her truck as backup when on the road. AT&T can plant it's lips on hot pavement as far as I am concerned. As for AT&T Uverse, I'd rather have a root canal without xylocaine.

Last edited by WranglerJohn; 11/23/14.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

My next door neighbor wired up his house with ATT U-verse.

The ATT truck is parked in his driveway so often, he's renting out one of his spare bedrooms to the crew.

LMAO..

We've had Verizon for years now - and it's been fine (so far).. No lapse in coverage, even in Rapid City.. And in Sturgis... And in Custer, Hill City, Deadwood, Lead, yada yada yada... NO problems to date..

Guess we're lucky..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
After having a local cell carrier for years my wife and I went with Consumer Cellular (AT&T system) and saved half of our previous bill. We pay for 600 minutes call time and 1000 texts shared. This costs 39 dollars and some cents per month with aarp discount for our two phones.

We own the phones that are Doro brand flip phones (nothing fancy) and the coverage here west of Green Bay WI. is adequate.
B-I-L has the same plan and then upgraded to a fancy phone and did run into problems and is back to the Doro phone. Doros are around $60 each.

Take your kids and your grand kids huntin' and shootin'.
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

My next door neighbor wired up his house with ATT U-verse.

The ATT truck is parked in his driveway so often, he's renting out one of his spare bedrooms to the crew.

Same story for my son and his wife.
Lost count of the times they've had to place service calls for problems with their AT&T U-verse.
Daughter-in-law told us last night that they had to place yet another AT&T service call on their U-verse connection scheduled for today.

I know I sure do miss our old BellSouth service.
I've even heard a few senior AT&T service technicians express the exact same sentiments as well.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I cancelled my order with ATT for two IPhone 6+, been on order for two months. Sent me an email Friday that it would take another 10-12 weeks.

Went into a sprint store this morning, guess what they had on the shelf. Went to Walmart later, they had them too. Got two from sprint.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Boise Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Finally, yesterday evening, after store hours, the Bakan Park AT&T store manager called to let me know my phone was in their store. You know, the phone that I tracked arriving at their store a week ago last Friday. My wife is headed there today to pick it up. I'll cover all bets that it doesn't go smoothly.

Again, for all you Verison fans, Verison service at my home is extremely poor with no to little coverage and many dropped calls when I do get through.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Have had good luck with U-Verse; but for cell phone I got one word:
VERIZON

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Verizon is great except when it doesn't work where your are.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B3

Boise Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Just too funny not to share this update: my wife arrives at the store to pick up her phone, you'll never guess. The store has moved! No mention where to so its up to us to find them.

You would have thought the store manager just may have mentioned this tid bit when I spoke with him last night.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That would be funny if it wasn't so irritating!

Boise Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Soooo, I call ATT and we've all been there, its a bunch of BS and finally reach someone. They're pretty much on my side and can't seem to local my phone either BUT, hey wait, there's a new store listed. Wasn't there when I looked just 30 minutes ago so I also go on line. Sure enough, they closed both old stores and opened a new one. Well ain't that special.

My wife is so pissed I should move. She is headed there now and is too nice to say anything to them so I figure to catch hell when she get home.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was with cingular then AT+T for cell phone service for 15 years- I dumped my iPhone and AT+T back in September, I using a burner phone, its a Samsung and a plan out of Walmart for 20 bucks a month! I can talk all I want and I have a 50 text message a month limit, I don't like text or even talking on the phone all that much, so it works ok for me, the phone dose not work all that well were I live, but I don't call anybody and I get very few calls and I am saving a good chunk of money a month. Thou I do miss the iPhone some, mostly the apps and checking email before heading into town and free wifi! I know that land lines are well coming to an end and pay phones are dam near none existent these days. Till I go back to work and my needs change the 20 dollar a month deal is fine, it would be better yet if it was just 10 bucks !

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Called AT&T a few minutes ago to cancel cell service. Freeking miracle happened, they cancelled. Kept trying to get me to reorder the phones, telling me they could get them to me tomorrow. They're like a kid with ADD, gota hit them to keep them on task. In this case it cost them a customer.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They dont care

Theyll tell ya like Direct TV told me

Said "we got 20 million customers, we can make it fine without ya"

Boise Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Saga continues:

I get my credit card bill and ATT has charged me the full $794.99 for the new phone, PLUS they have me on their "Next" program where I'm signed up to pay $25 per month for 30 months for the same phone. Yep, that's double billing.

So down once again to my local store where I'm told they can't resolve their issue because no one there has the authorization to return the money for the phone. They do offer to take me off their Next program but I'm pissed off enough to want my money back.

Now I call the ATT corporate number and after 72 minutes on the phone their solution is for me to dispute the errant charge with my credit card company. In other words, I need to spend mine and my banks time to resolve their double billing error. I asked if they thought it right for me to spend my time to fix their problem and they said that was the best way. And this was after escalating past a supervisor to an ATT finance manager.

This ATT encounter may very well be the worst purchasing experience in my life. And it still isn't over.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Unbelievable.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Geez....

If you ever (and I mean 'ever') get that resolved, I'd not touch a single ATT item/service again - EVER..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Called AT&T a few minutes ago to cancel cell service. Freeking miracle happened, they cancelled. Kept trying to get me to reorder the phones, telling me they could get them to me tomorrow. They're like a kid with ADD, gota hit them to keep them on task. In this case it cost them a customer.

Decided to check account just because. Well guess what there's a bill for $1998.98. After 30 minutes on the phone with CS I find out the bill is wrong. Another 20 minutes to have them tell me they are giving me a credit for amount of errant charge. GFY

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

178 members (12344mag, 280rem_cm, 35, 2UP, 44mc, 375TN, 16 invisible), 1,609 guests, and 1,043 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,963
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.