-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Please let us know if Fed Ex pays your insurance claim.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
that sucks, sorry for your bad luck

hope everything gets resolved to your satisfaction

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just because...

That stock was asking to be broken from Day 1. The grain is absolutely horrible for any strength characteristic and would have likely failed at some point regardless.

As a wood technologist I would be happy to submit an opinion in writing to the manufacturer to the effect that it should never have passed QC in the first place.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I would start a thread skewering the seller. grin

Conduct is the best proof of character.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Believe a wooden crate is the only "safe" package. USPS snapped a Lazermark for me...

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
For safe passage no matter the shipper, double boxed with adequate packing is the minimum. Inside an inexpensive hard guncase in a heavy cardboard box is better. A factory cardboard box was never intended to be a shipping box and was a poor choice by the shipper. You may have a difficult time with your claim with Fed Ex as the rifle really was inadequately packed.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
take the stock off and ship it in a box with no label. Not trying to imply it should have gone down that way, and it sucks, but why advertise? I leave my wallet and phone in the car. I dont leave them on the dashboard.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by luv2safari

I don't want to hurt any feelings, but this was asking for a damaged gun. Gun wholesalers even ship the factory boxes inside of other more substantial boxes when they ship to dealers.

I'm sorry for both parties to this transaction. It has to be disheartening. frown

I'm sorry this happened too, but that box is not adequate for shipping a rifle. That box is just designed to hold everything in one place while it's sitting on a shelf in a warehouse. I used to be a FFL dealer and every rifle I ever shipped or received was shipped with a box like that inside another much stouter box, usually with additional packing or shredded newspaper surrounding it as padding.

I hope they pay the insurance, but that really wasn't packaged properly.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Gansettx
Here is the box, notice the crease right at the end of Remington. It was tightly wrapped with bubble wrap and styro-foam. When it left my possession the gun didn't move in the box. But that being said surely that break wouldn't have come from normal handling regardless of what was in the box...?

[Linked Image]

1. That is not adequate packaging.

2. That is not legal packaging.........

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Lucky it wasn't stolen. At least you
got to keep some parts.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Yep, that was PISS POOR packaging, which is what I see more times than not.

The factory rifle box is shiet for strength, to ship is just in that is asking for problems.

I knew I'd see a bunch of 'But I pack well', just like I see 'I'm conservative' from a bunch of Yankees.

Once again, people baffle me.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah, I'd never think of shipping a rifle like that.
Double boxed at a minimum.
Thought the same thing as Sitka seeing that grain.
Pretty much a perfect storm of bad stock, bad packaging, and advertising of contents.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Some mike brown sympathizer works at ups, they done a number on a cracka's gun.

I agree, I'm no transfer pro but by God if I was shipping a long gun- it would not look like a long gun. Not in today's climate.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Probably was on the FedEx truck I saw laid on it's side the other day North of Austin.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Oops, someone has hurt feelers because they can't pack a rifle correctly.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
I'll keep all who are interested on the outcome informed. Thanks for your input and support.

Honorary Gouger per Travis
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thinking that this is going to be a tough fight for you with Fed-Ex considering packing. They will more than likely call it inadequate.

On a positive note, I did have a claim resolved with them positively on a damaged stock about a year ago. They did require photos of all packaging and explanation of packaging method.

Luckily the seller had done a really good job with double boxing and padding.

Good luck, hope it all turns out okay.

twofish

*Master of random precision*
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
We know this was packaged poorly.

But to put pressure on the shippers to combat anti- gun sentiment that seems to strike the easily identified packages, maybe there should be a sticky created to keep track of these tales, then after so many are seen, confront the shippers with the evidence, and ask fhem to make changes to clean this up.

Its no coincidence to me that so many guns are "dropped" "bent" " mishandled" and arrive damaged.

Maybe they should put the cameras on the handlers to show just whats happening to these packages on their journey. Its no accident to me.

Cork soakers.

Last edited by WillARights; 12/16/14.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
UPS broke a stock on a 336 once.

I sent them pictures of the packaging, the break, and a note saying if they had any further doubts, I would bring the gun to their office so they could see it first hand.

Check in a week.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WillARights
We know this was packaged poorly.

But to put pressure on the shippers to combat anti- gun sentiment that seems to strike the easily identified packages, maybe there should be a sticky created to keep track of these tales, then after so many are seen, confront the shippers with the evidence, and ask fhem to make changes to clean this up.

Its no coincidence to me that so many guns are "dropped" "bent" " mishandled" and arrive damaged.

Maybe they should put the cameras on the handlers to show just whats happening to these packages on their journey. Its no accident to me.

Cork soakers.

might not be a bad idea, but doubt we'd get the changes we desire

probably more along the lines of strict rules for packaging

or worse yet, they decide not to ship firearms in the future

would think shipment of firearms would be a pretty small percentage of what they ship (though I don't know this for fact, it could be much higher than my assumption)

but it's just biz to them, if they're shipping them an item with a high amount of damages per number of items shipped, they're as apt to refuse to ship them as they are to have seminars for their employees on the "gentle handling" of some packages

they're slinging things to make a profit, doubt they're gonna change policy to "slow down, be careful"

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, Akhutr, 300_savage, 16 invisible), 1,364 guests, and 996 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,213
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.