Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I have several scent lok suits and I hunt in georgia I plan to hunt out west one day I this jacket worth the 230$ It's on sale right now with free shipping and can u draw a bow with it on?? Please people who own it what do you think

GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Can't speak to the parka, but Just bought one of the MT050 hand warmers on sale. That thing is friggin awesome...gotta be something to the wind stopper fabric. The Cabelas gear is pretty good stuff, I've had a set of bibs and parka for probably 10 plus years. Thinking about a new set myself and was looking at this as well, hopefully someone will chime in.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Yeah I don't hVe that much time and my finger is itchy

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Bump for guys that hunt in the real cold weather I'm a georgia boy and 25 is brutal

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by stump270
I have several scent lok suits and I hunt in georgia I plan to hunt out west one day I this jacket worth the 230$ It's on sale right now with free shipping and can u draw a bow with it on?? Please people who own it what do you think

Well depends on your definition of "it". Not sure what hunting out west has to do with what you want that jacket to accomplish. The one I had for a few days was no better than any other jacket I own.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I've had one of these coats for about 8 years or so. I like mine but it is a bit bulky and somewhat noisy (compared to my KOM coat).

The one they make now says it has a new insulation to reduce bulk. That'd be a good thing!

I had to send mine back to be replaced after a couple years as the zipper went FUBAR. They were good about it and it cost me nothing......

I bought it for those wet rainy/snowy lousy days we get here. It is warm and pretty darn dry. Tons of good zippered pockets too.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I don't have any of the Cabelas clothing, But I do get cold sitting in the box stands, in 2008 I bought the Arctic Shield bibs and parka and man they are warm, not to bulky and very quiet, then last year I bought the new updated version of the Artic Shield bibs, parka, skull cap and the boot blankets.

the boot blankets are the bomb, they are not those big bulky ones, these are thin and fit in my hunting pack - they work GREAT!!

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'd be thinking if it fits your bill, but you don't need it right this minute, that come late winter you'll get an even better deal on it..

I'm trying to do the same on a combo waterfowl/deer coat too... since I left mine in AK permanently this fall.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
For those of you interested in a rain jacket (pants available too), Cabela's has these on sale for $62. A great jacket, available in tall also. Outfitter camo will work anywhere. A little heavy for the lightweight back pack use.

Outfitter Camo Rain Suede jacket

NRA Life Member
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Stump,

I have been hunting in Cabela's MTO50 gear for years. It is fantastic equipment. I own 3 different coats with varying levels of insulation. I own two pairs of pants with different levels of insulation. Mix and match to suit the conditions. The quality is excellent, the design and features are perfect for me. I would buy them again in a second, even at full price. Great stuff.

RS

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Great Parka, but its a stand coat. You'll overheat if your moving unless its really cold.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have the MT050 coveralls. I have never been cold while wearing them.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The MT050 items are a good product. I've had several. On the other hand, the scent lok stuff is the biggest scam in hunting apparel.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The folks that make it are gonna be glad that lots of folks are 'dense enough' to believe their bullschitt sales propoganda!

Last edited by RMulhern; 12/17/14.

Even birds know not to land downwind!
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I have the MTO50 7 in one Parker and bibs.

Fantastic in bad weather.

But take a look at the silent suede parker.

It's also on sale and it has two muff hand warmer pockets that are great.

The MTO50 does not have hand pockets at all. The suede has two different hand pockets.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lee_Woiteshek
Great Parka, but its a stand coat. You'll overheat if your moving unless its really cold.

Yep.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by mike103

The MTO50 does not have hand pockets at all. The suede has two different hand pockets.

My coat has zippered hand warmer pockets. Actually it has 6 exterior zippered pockets and can hold a pile of stuff, almost too much stuff most of the time! The interior has two pockets, both are very big. One has a zipper and the other is a mesh deal that has a Velcro closure.

Like said above, you aren't going for any big hikes with this thing on, you'll roast. But if you can pack it in or walk slooooooow, it'll be fine. smile

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I just looked and the 7 in one parker that I have has less pockets than the standard parker.

I bought it during the summer a few years ago at a very cheap price I believe $180 bucks.

Great coat just wish it had hand warmer pockets.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
For tree stand bow and rifle hunting I've worn MT50 whitetail extreme parka and bib's for almost 8 years... no problem with bow or rifle.

They are a bit heavy for elk hunting.. too thick a layer, but I take them anyway...

spot

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

653 members (1badf350, 160user, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,816 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,202
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.