Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
G23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
For those of us who wish to contribute money, where do we sent it?

GB1

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
contact me via PM for that...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
John,

Of course, I'm in. Put me down for a pair of very lightly used compact binoculars. Pm coming shortly regarding the extra rifles.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Man O Man- I leave for a few days and the Fire gets the Christmas spirit. Good on you guys, thank you for your generosity. This has quadrupled from anything I thought about back in October.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Seafire
contact me via PM for that...

pm sent.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B2

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Making an announcement....

Candidates or contenders for this one, is NOW OFFICIALLY CLOSED...

Those that still desire to contribute, please feel free to contact me via PM....

We all are always speaking of the merits of passing on to new shooters...

Minus our Veteran Projects on the Campfire, I can't think of a better endeavor than this, young shooters just starting out...

and under ObamaNomics, many folks aren't doing the same financially, as they were when he first got elected...

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Was asked to post this on the open forum:

Seafire,

I would like for you guys to consider my 14 year old son Kirtus for the Campfire Christmas present. We are a one income family with seven children three of which are adopted and have special needs.I work much overtime just to meet the needs and sometimes its really hard to be able to provide the extras that I want to. We adopted the last two girls two years ago and life has been a little crazy as we have adjusted to a new way of life and caring for them and their many needs. Kirtus has always been a very laid back person who gives much and complains little. He has continued to be very laid back, compliant, and helpful so sometimes he seems to get lost in the crowd.He is focused and works hard. I in no way want to take away from a child who is in more need or deserving. I am however proud of this young man who has shown integrity and has a great interest in spending time in the woods and bringing meat home for the family. Thank you for considering him.
Blessings,Keith

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person”
-Fred Bear
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
An awesome looking family you have there Keith. It can't be easy, good on you.

Black Cows Matter!
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I also was asked to post on the open forum, when the campfire gift idea came up I thought a zillion people would climb aboard but after a few days I noticed no one did so I asked my daughter if she wanted me to put her name in the hat, she emphatically said yes daddy.
My daughter Danielle (8 yrs old) is quite the little student at school she is an A+ student....takes after me.....yeah right (lol) can speak in Latin language and can play some pretty difficult numbers on the piano.
She is the teachers "little helper" too.
As any typical little girl she loves horses.
Next year indiana is supposed to be going to rifles for deer hunting only caveat is is it has to be .24 cal but regardless of what she gets it will be "hers" and she will be practicing all next spring and summer with it at the range with her brother, her mom and I making it a big family outing and she wants to get a deer like her big brother does.
She has hunted with me a few times and we've even gotten a few.
Here she is just a few short years ago.
[Linked Image]
Here she is with me last year and with a doe.
[Linked Image]
Here she is this fall with her squirrel
[Linked Image]
She sure is growing up and I don't want to miss any of it.
Thanks for considering her.

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thank you Tom and Keith.....

I have gotten emails/PMs asking me about contributions... I also decided with 4 contestants, that it would be the right thing to do, to award a Christmas Present from the Campfire for each one of our young and future hunters/shooters...

I have also asked each dad who submitted their child's name, to post it here publicly to put a face to each one... each has sent me this in Personal PMs...

We have Two Rifles donated so far... and others want to contribute money instead, so the thought was if no more rifles are donated, that with donations, we purchase a couple of rifles from say Walmart or equivalent ( Sportsman's or Cabelas etc).. thoughts are Savage Axis, or Ruger American, Marlin XS in a youth model....

So putting a face to this, I hope other campfire members will step forward so we can make this all happen.. each of us have plenty of firearms on our own.. but it is time to pass on a little bit to our future....whatever anyone can feel they can afford to donate...PM me for an address to send it to..

I'd also like to bring to the campfire's attention some of the fine gifts that have also been donated from fellow Campfire Members who have desired to remain anonymous...

We have a Browning Hunting Knife, a Pentax 4 x 12 and a Bushnell Trophy 3 x 9 donated, a parachord sling, a pair of binocs and more are pledged and are on the way...

So my personal thank you to each and every forum member who is making this a reality for a worthwhile cause and a Budding young hunter's Christmas dream...

Merry Christmas to each of you and your families...both near and far...

And thanks to Rick Bin for allowing us to make this a sticky...

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Posted is on another Topic but this sounds like a good deal to me , If you want these PM me where to send them ..

Due to a Good Guy helping out me find a clip for my SIL for a T/C Classic I am offering to a youngster that is getting into reloading a set of dies and a box a bullets.
Here's what I have ..

RCBS 243
Remington Power Lokt 80 gr Hollow Points

Just send me a pic of the first yote ,fox,puddy cat ,hog or whatever you shoot .

MERRY CHRISTMAS ...

Steve

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is this suppose to be for someone who can't afford to outfit their kid or for whoever can post up the cutest kid pictures?

Black Cows Matter!
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Mule Shoe..

It is for those in need... I think the dad's submitting their kids names are being honest, and not just trying to save a buck just so they don't have to spend their money on it..

doing this a couple of times, It is usually easy to pick out the scammers..

but you can't deny, some pics of a cute little girl sure got submitted...and I have received some in PM of some other cute girls and handsome young men...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
John I have a takeoff Simmons 3-9 wide view in excellent shape, cash if needed and a few other goodies.....W

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks Woody... will let you know..

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

best regards
john chr.
seafire

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Status UpDate....

Okay Ladies and Gentlemen....

here is what we have so far.. minus the extras being donated..

1. we have 4 candidates
2. for presents we have
a.) Ruger 257 Roberts ( Hawkeye)

b.) NEF Handi Rifle in 223, along with a Choate Youth sized stock.

c.) Ithaca Model 37, 20 gauge shotgun

d.) Model 70 Push Feed Chambered in 30/06

also :

1. Cabelas Gift Card
2. Pentax Rifle Scope
3. Bushnell Trophy Scope
4. Browning Knife and Sheath
5. Offer of 243 Die and box of bullets
6. Cash offerings, $80 in hand so far, with more pledged..but not received yet.
7. Simmons 3 x 9 Scope available

A special thank you to those generous folks that are making this happen.... I'd like to mention names, but their requests were to remain anonymous...

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have a take off Simmons 4x scope with rings from a rimfire I'd be happy to contribute. Let me know if it can be of use for anything here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll substitute set of 223 dies and box of bullets instead of the 243 dies n bullets for the Handi rifle recipient if that will help in.

Last edited by WindyMule; 12/17/14.
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks Windy...that'll work just fine...

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Seafire,

I let my daughter type up her response. Can send a pic or 2 to someone that can post them.

Hi, my name is Zoe. I looked at the other kids they seem very deserving of a gun to hunt with their mom or dad. I am 10 years old, in the fourth grade. I volunteer in my past teacher's classes during recess and in the morning. I get good grades, and all of my teachers seem to really like me.I am often chosen to help out with grading papers or to deliver things to other classrooms.

I love to flyfish and have caught many fish. I also love to hunt with my parents, and look foreward to hunt birds myself over my canine best friend, Stan, a chocolate lab. I also hunt grouse with my other dog, Belle. Sadly, her hunting days are pretty much over. ( She is 14 years old ).

I love to dance. I used to be in dance class, but this year I am not doing it. I have been doing it since I was 4 years old, and loved it. Now I still dance at home, and I like to make up songs to go with them. I make up dance moves too.

I hope that whoever gets one of the guns will appreciate it.
I thank you for considering me for a gun.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[/quote]

Thanks Tom for the help posting pics. My daughter says she would love to get a squirrel like your daughter. We will hopefully get out to chase rabbits this winter.

Last edited by Mac7; 12/17/14.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,340 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,820
Posts18,477,815
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.