Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Agree with all the above. I've had three and have 2 now. Don't like the mag, fit, and feel; but definitely can't argue with the wide bullet/powder likes range, accuracy, and more importantly, consistency. All my Tikkas shot every load within an inch each of one another. Made the mistake of selling my 25-06. Won't do that again.

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I agree with leaving well enough alone but a stock change might make a difference in accuracy and I don't see how it could get any better.

Last edited by 43Shooter; 12/19/14.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by powdr
So, I should be able to slap it in the Medalist and be good? OK I'LL TRY THAT FIRST. powdr

I did just that and it shot great. You will notice that there is no indent on the B&C screw holes in the stock like there is on the factory stock. The fit on the b&c is very tight which almost eliminates the need for bedding. I bedded it from tang to front of lug with Probed 2000 and skipped the internal lug . I have not shot it enough to say that it is better but combined with the b&C tight inletting and the glass bedding it(action and barrel) its as skin tight a bedding job as possible.

I will say that the original factory stock and the cheap aluminum lug were not very tight in the stock , I purchased a lumley arms titanium lug and it was very tight in the laminated stock recess. I did not want to bed the original laminated stock that came with the rifle , so that is why I bought the B&C . I like the B&C stock much more then the factory laminated stock or the factory synthetic stock.

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 12/19/14. Reason: original factory stock
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
probably wrong thread to ask. Why the hate for tikka stocks. Mine is light, the gun shoots well, it feels good except it is slippy and it makes that hollow sound. 16Bore tells us how to fix the slippy and the hollow sound is easy to fix. Why spent the price i paid for mine on a different(heavier) stock. Do not want a big dam fight, just trying to understand.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I've got no problem with the factory synthetic stock on my 223 but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want the same design stock on a hard kicker.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For me they don't fit exactly right, not horrible they just feel a bit funny.

Gerry.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
My last Tikka I got from a Cabelas, on 06 Boar Hunter model which has a fluted barrel and Steel Express sights, has a recoil lug that fits much tighter in the stock and in the lug recess on the receiver than my other ones. It has no play in it.

Spence

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
probably wrong thread to ask. Why the hate for tikka stocks. Mine is light, the gun shoots well, it feels good except it is slippy and it makes that hollow sound. 16Bore tells us how to fix the slippy and the hollow sound is easy to fix. Why spent the price i paid for mine on a different(heavier) stock. Do not want a big dam fight, just trying to understand.

Don't hate them just think the Medalist for a few hundred is a better stock and has a beautiful recoil pad . Mine is a 270 and it is just a pleasure to shoot

P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yeah hunter that's why I ordered mine. I haven't felt the factory stock yet but I can tell from the looks of it...it's not going to work for me, too trim. I am a big fellow, 6"2' and 295 lbs and I have to have a somewhat more robust stock to feel right in my hands. My LOP is 13 3/4 so I ordered it so as not to have to fool w/the recoil pad change. It did cost $35 extra but I learned a long time ago to get what you want and need the first go round. I'm really pretty excited about getting it. powdr

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do you guys bed your Tikkas?

It used to be my policy to bed all things female and Swedish, until the former Mrs Walter ruined an otherwise remarkable string of successes.

Was that an answer to your question?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
IC B3

P
PSE Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I have factory rifles that shoot great right out of the box that don't start with T.

There are many reasons to bed a rifle that don't revolve around accuracy, though many are too stupid to know.

Awww - p**d on someones pet rifle.......again!

I'll bet... the ones you're talking about start with S and end in O. laugh

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by 43Shooter
I've got no problem with the factory synthetic stock on my 223 but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want the same design stock on a hard kicker.
I have a 300 win mag and you would be as surprised as I was that the stock works perfectly fine for a 6.5 lb 300 win mag.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead

There are many reasons to bed a rifle that don't revolve around accuracy, though many are too stupid to know.

There are also ways to mount a scope on a 243 so one will not continually scope one's self though I hear some are to stupid to know how.

Such individuals should probably take up knitting. grin

Shod

Last edited by Shodd; 12/19/14.

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
What you don't know would fill volumes.

I guess I missed the part about his rifle being a T3, though one can assume.

How many UNBEDDED stocks have you seen cracked? In fact how much of anything have you ever seen?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I didn't bed mine. I usually will bed my rifles.

I bought this one NIB from a guy that won it at a Ducks unlimited meeting and the price was about $400. I wanted a cheap beater, lightweight, 100% factory rifle that I hoped would shoot good, for coyote hunting in nasty weather or for a loaner.

I actually like the rifle. I did adjust the trigger to about 2 lbs and rattlecanned some paint on it. I am even using the factory rings. It does shoot very well, and as a 22-250 there really isn't any recoil to speak of.

futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by David_Walter

It used to be my policy to bed all things female and Swedish, until the former Mrs Walter ruined an otherwise remarkable string of successes.

That's what I've been thinking all along.....just couldn't find a way to put it into words. You succeeded! LOL.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Tikka's are pretty simple.

Just take it out of the box, mount some optics, and shoot it.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Nope, might know a bit about a certain one in 338 Federal. MOA like another one in the house. No idea about the new stock, never saw the need to replace the one it has.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

It seems to me that the Remington guys are the ones who are likely to bed their rifles.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by 5sdad

It seems to me that the Remington guys are the ones who are likely to bed their rifles.

And replace triggers, and rebarrel and replace bolts, bottom metal and faulty safeties.... Like some one said before, Tikkas you mount a scope and go kill stuff, kinda boring but damn effective.....

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (1234, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,405
Posts18,488,944
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.