Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by k20350
http://www.511tactical.com/operator-belt-1-34-wide.html

I swear this is the best belt ever made. I wish i would have found it years ago. i have always had trouble keeping my pants up due to what my wife describes as "NO ASS". Keeps my pants up at work all day and i'm very active at work.

Thanks for that link! I was just given my first article of clothing from 5:11 tactical, an olive drab multi pocket shirt. I am EXTREMELY impressed with the quality and real 'engineering' that went into that garment, so I will give thier belt high consideration. This 5:11 shirt is the only shirt I have ever owned that I can compare favorably to my TAG brand Safari shirts, purchased in Zimbabwe, and which I still wear often even though they have been a regular part of my wardrobe for 8 or so years already. This is the highest praise I can give and I never thought I would find something else that was in the same class.

The "pay once, cry once" principle is at work here once again.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by safariman

I swear this is the best belt ever made. I wish i would have found it years ago. i have always had trouble keeping my pants up due to what my wife describes as "NO ASS". Keeps my pants up at work all day and i'm very active at work.

Thanks for that link! I was just given my first article of clothing from 5:11 tactical, an olive drab multi pocket shirt. I am EXTREMELY impressed with the quality and real 'engineering' that went into that garment, so I will give thier belt high consideration. This 5:11 shirt is the only shirt I have ever owned that I can compare favorably to my TAG brand Safari shirts, purchased in Zimbabwe, and which I still wear often even though they have been a regular part of my wardrobe for 8 or so years already. This is the highest praise I can give and I never thought I would find something else that was in the same class.

The SOE belts beabthe hell out of 5.11 any day of the week

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by safariman

The SOE belts beabthe hell out of 5.11 any day of the week

Can't say anything about SOE belt. Just know I bought the 511 belt 5 years ago and it still is in great shape and works well. I hand unload 1000-1500 cases a day and climb in and out of a trailer about 50 times a day. Keeps my pants up with all the movement and never loosens up. When I hip carry a pistol it doesn't go anywhere.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I've had both of them. The SOE beltnis thicker and and a lot more rigid. The only downfall of the SOE belt is lead time. About 4 weeks

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I wear a 1.5" Latigo from a saddle. Cut to length, some brass rivets or even Chicago screws and it's about as inconspicuous as they come and I guarantee you ain't going to destroy it.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Been wearing a Galco gun belt for several years now.
I pack a 5" all steel 1911 every day and this belt, with a Milt Sparks summer special 11 is a great combo for ME!
Comfortable enough for all day carry.

Virgil B.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Aker for me, check out the B21.

http://akerleather.com

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Milt Sparks for the win. My first one was department purchased in '93, carried one or two guns on it every day until the threads started giving out at the tip end in 2012.

Got another one on my dime. Reckon it'll last til I retire in 2023...

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
That is a good recomendation and great longevity, for sure.

I will look into these all, in more detail, when I get my first post Christmas commision check on about the 10th of Jan. and make decision and a buy.

Much thanks to all who offered some suggestions. Loads of good options.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Bianchi B12, haven't bought one in several years the one I am wearing has to be 7or 8 years old still looks and wears fine.

Originally Posted By: P_Weed

I never met a gun I didn't like.

SEdge,

I have an AMT Hardballer I can fix you up with.
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Armorbelts.com carry a ss comander in a kramer horse hide holster. Works great for me.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Another vote for Milt Sparks. I have four custom made gun belts from various makers. Even some that are almost 2 inches wide made with double layer of quality leather to help carry the heavier guns.
Milt sparks makes his with a slight curve and they are one layer of quality leather. They work better than any of the others because they conform to the waist better. I don't even have to cinch them really tight to keep the gun close to my body. And that is with a 1.5 inch wide model. E

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Scott F
Filson makes a double layer harness leather belt. I have been using one for a couple of years carrying my 1911 every day and the belt still looks new. Made in USA and lifetime guarantee. Think they are around $88.

+1. My brown one is 5 years old and the black 3 years. Daily wear and couldn't ask for a better 1 1/4" gun belt.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Tis one will not break the bank, but it is a good looking servicable belt.I have had a lot of people ask about it. Bianchi, B9. Check it out.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My brown one is 5 years old and the black 3 years. Daily wear and couldn't ask for a better 1 1/4" gun belt.

So, for the last 3 years you've been wearing both every day? wink grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pacecars
http://agcustomgunleather.com/store/

I have been using these for a few years and they are great

I've been wearing one of Al's horse hide belts everyday for 3 years and it's no worse for wear; one tough belt.

Retired and Loving It!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One thing I forgot to mention;

Get yourself a leather punch of the correct size and make extra holes between the factory holes.

This way you can cinch the belt up to exactly the right spot to carry you pistol comfortably without it sagging your pants down on one side.

Works for ME!!

Virgil B.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I wear one from the Beltman everyday. It is a quality belt. I would like to get one in Elephant for my next one.

http://thebeltman.net/bh112.htm

If your a leftist, whatever Donald Trump says or does, that pisses you off rest assured, I am a Happy Camper!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Mark check out Bandara......and eliminate the holster...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1234, 10gaugeman, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,029 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,879
Posts18,479,074
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.