L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Seventh day adventists are uber weird...and to dumb to know that Saturdaya were made for Drinkin so you'ze had sonethin to repent on Sunday morning

It is there artificial meat that gets me. If God wanted us to not eat meat He would have made deer and elk out of soy beans.

Good point Scott, I went to an Adventist church growing up a couple times until they told me eating catfish was a sin. Well I knew right then and there those folks were nuts... crazy

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Seventh day adventists are uber weird...and too dumb to know that Saturdays were made for drinkin so you'ze had somethin to repent on Sunday morning

It is their artificial meat that gets me. If God wanted us to not eat meat He would have made deer and elk out of soy beans.

Good point Scott, I went to an Adventist church growing up a couple times until they told me eating catfish was a sin. Well I knew right then and there those folks were nuts... crazy

Our local MD is an SDA fanatic who rates Ellen White's opinion much higher than God's design. "Never put into your body," he says, "anything that has a mother or a face."

Makes me wonder whether SDA mothers breast-feed their babies, or maybe they take something to modify their mammaries to produce soy milk.

Also wonder whether an SDA doctor prescribes only those drugs that have been lab-tested on rutabagas.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
5 pages of ranting against Christianity (mostly), and only one mention of "the religion of peace"?

Y'all must believe Mr. Obama is reading this thread...

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Okay I'll bite, the weirdest religion of all is the "Religion of Peace." grin

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I'm pretty much uneducated on religion (raised mormon, GASP)..

But how can you explain many civilizations, such as the Egyptians having written text about salvation and all that, WELL BEFORE CHRIST..damn near the whole resurrection and everything with all the Christianity bells and whistles,occurring with different "Gods" well before Jesus.

Odd, dont you think?

It remains a constant that the Baptists that chimed in are a never ending source of humor for me..they dont even need to say they are Baptist either..good stuff.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rosco1
I'm pretty much uneducated on religion (raised mormon, GASP)..

But how can you explain many civilizations, such as the Egyptians having written text about salvation and all that, WELL BEFORE CHRIST..damn near the whole resurrection and everything with all the Christianity bells and whistles,occurring with different "Gods" well before Jesus.

Odd, dont you think?

It remains a constant that the Baptists that chimed in are a never ending source of humor for me..they dont even need to say they are Baptist either..good stuff.

Not really, Christianity is an Egyptian religion just like Judaism.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
How did it all happen BC then?

They were resurrecting gods well before Jesus.

L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Church of Flying Spaghetti Monster, AKA-Pastafarians, are a recent developement but some truly believe reflect the word of the creator. The creator, being Italian, shaped the earth in the form of a meatball.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Religion or whatever...I don't associate with people who tell me what to eat, wear , do with my money, spend my life with...
Those are all man made contrivances.
And when the Anukkia return to earth they are going to get sorted out first...

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by LostHighway
Church of Flying Spaghetti Monster, AKA-Pastafarians, are a recent developement but some truly believe reflect the word of the creator. The creator, being Italian, shaped the earth in the form of a meatball.

I had to look this up and there really is a church. grin

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Reverend Leroy aka Flip Wilson, the minister of The Church of What's Happening Now!
"The Devil made me do it!"

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Regardless of what the non-believers here think, Christianity formed Western Civilization. I don't know how many of the guys here are paleocons or right-wingers but in the right-wing blogosphere there were arguments between Christians and neo-pagans. A Christian right-winger, in response to the neo-pagans, said that Western civilization was created at the foot of the Cross not at the foot of Yggdrasil.

I'm a Catholic but I don't care if other's don't believe. I personally think that there are issues with Christianity myself but from a right-wing position. Oswald Spengler: "Christian theology is the grandmother of Bolshevism"

Alot of fruit-cake cults from the Unitarians, to the Christian Scientists, Quakers, Shakers, JV's and the like are descended from bastardized versions of orthodox Christianity. The greatest and biggest fruit-cake cult to descend from bastardized Christianity would be liberalism/Cultural Marxism.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
The Piscopalians and Methodists may accept [bleep] but the Catholic Church does not. Hell, we don't even birth control and you think we accept sphincter-smashing?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Knock the chip off your shoulder. Nobody said they did.

BTW welcome to the Campfire.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gees,...TAK, Klink and some others are fixing to get some company..

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
While I�m normally a pretty accepting, unflappable person, there are two things I really can�t stand;

People who are intolerant of religions other than their own,

And

Mormons.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by brymoore
While I�m normally a pretty accepting, unflappable person, there are two things I really can�t stand;

People who are intolerant of religions other than their own,

And

Mormons.

laugh laugh laugh

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Thanks for the welcome. What chip on my shoulder? I'm confused to what you are referring to.

Btw, is there a list of words we can and can not say?

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by 3584ELK
5 pages of ranting against Christianity (mostly), and only one mention of "the religion of peace"?

Y'all must believe Mr. Obama is reading this thread...

Yep. I reckon we are bad folks. Wait till they find out just how little we do for those in need around us. It's amazing how we have them fooled.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1936M71, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,415 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,195
Posts18,485,034
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.